Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 197 reviews(2 star). See all 3,759 reviews
on November 20, 2011
I am returning my Marware cover; true it is light, but it also doesn't do one of the important jobs it should do - make the Kindle Fire easier to handle. It does protect the Fire (which really doesn't need all that much protection in the first place, thanks to it's rubber back and Gorilla Glass front), but it does not work well to prop the Fire up, and the Kindle Fire is so heavy that the first day I owned it, my hand and arm ached. I could read without holding it, by resting it on my knee, but for some things, I wanted it up close and personal and this cover didn't really prop the Kindle Fire up in a safe efficient manner; I still had to hold on to it, still had the weight.

I did get a Belkin cover which works very well and gives me three positions I can rest the Kindle Fire in (in landscape postion) and find it stable enough I don't get hand fatigue hanging on to the Fire.

I did like the lightweightness of the Marware cover, but it just wasn't stable enough without being held and the Fire is heavy (and also wonderful). Someone still needs to come up with the magic cover that works well in all positions, but the Belkin is a vast improvement over the Marware, in my opinion. I got the Belkin cover at Wal-Mart, but Amazon does carry them.

Now, I must also tell you I think Amazon is wonderful; I am returning the Marware cover and it was simple and hassle free.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
VINE VOICEon November 28, 2011
I was very disappointed when I got this. The picture shows it standing up, in the landscape mode, which I was excited about due to using my Fire for recipes. I could not get mine to stay up. I tried many, many times as did my husband and daughter. This case is more "flimsy" than it looks online. I don't like to give bad reviews but this case just did not perform as was displayed in the online pictures. I will be returning this case.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
on January 13, 2012
It is a nice concept except the primary reason I got it was to be able to read the Kindle Fire while sitting on a desk or other flat surface - this cover does not stay - it slips away from the groove that is supposed to support the edge - not deep enough or something - the Kindle just flops over when I set it down to read it and collapses because the flap does not fit into a deep enough groove to stay in and there is no other way of maintaining the "triangle" or 3 walled standing - this product needs to make a deeper slit or something to keep it from collapsing - also it needs something so when you use it while holding in palm your fingers are not grasping the edges and smudging the kindle screen which you need to do because it won't stay balanced in your hand - I prefer to find a docking station that will hold the kindle fire properly - this is not worth $30 - but could use improvements to make it worth $30. I will probably return mine.
on February 12, 2012
When I first received the microshell folio (white), I was thrilled about it. It was lightweight, had good coverage on the kindle, etc. However, just two months or so after receiving it, ive found that the quality just isn't up to my expectations, especially given the cost.

I loved the soft-rubberish texture of the cover, since it felt like it wasn't just any old hard plastic. The texture was great. But now, that gesturing is peeling off the cover, making the cover look really cheap, especially along the edges. All along the edges of my case, there are splotches where the texturing has just peeled off from typical use. I haven't abused this cover. It is usually in my purse or on my nightstand when not in use. While at one point I half-considered filing down a sharp edge at the bottom where it dug into my finger, I never actually did that.

I'm just feeling frustrated with this product. It doesn't look that great when its peeling... had I known this would happen, especially within just a few months, I would not have purchased this.product.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 22, 2011
I, like many others, was pleased with this case to begin with. It seemed to be high quality. I loved the rubberized exterior, the sleek design, etc. However, after one month of very light use, it has not held up. The rubberized exterior is beginning to come off in several places, exposing the hard black surface underneath. It is very unattractive-looking. After attempting to cope with this problem, it has only gotten worse, forcing me to remove my Kindle and discard the case altogether. I suspect that others will find this to be a problem, as well, and would not recommend this case as a result.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 8, 2012
I loved the light weight of this cover, and the grip/fastener strap, and the stand. I can see how some would say the stand is flimsy because it is indeed thin and flexible. However, I used it on the seat tray while flying and had no problems at all. The reason I can't recommend this is because after two days, the matte "rubberized" exterior, which is actually just a finish, started disintegrating and peeling in the corners and eventually along the edges of the cover, revealing a hard shiny plastic shell underneath. I don't know if the heat of the device (not that it gets hot) melted it, but that's what it looked like. I'm returning it and looking for a different brand.

UPDATE Jan. 10: I received a call from Amazon today that the cover's manufacturer had just recently corrected the problem of the distintegrating cover, so I could be assured that if I ordered another of the same model, the cover would be fine. I had already ordered a different brand (which I just received today)but if I hadn't I would have tried the Marware Lightweight Miroshell again, because I did like the design and weight. We'll see how this new, different cover goes. I appreciated the followup from Amazon.
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
When I preordered a Kindle Fire, this was one of two "official" cases that Amazon listed as recommended accessories at checkout. The preorder price was about $40, and Amazon reduced the price to about $30 immediately after the case shipped. However, the case is unacceptable, even at the reduced price.

The case consists of a thin hard plastic (?) shell with a lightweight flexible plastic (?) cover. The Kindle Fire clicks into the hard shell; and the cover forms a stand if you fold it in half and slip the edge into an extremely shallow slot that doesn't hold very securely. It's possible that the hard shell is impact-resistant, but it feels like it will crack the first time that it is dropped or banged into something.

With the cover folded around the Kindle Fire and secured by the elastic band, the case seems functional enough to protect the display screen from scratches as the device is carried around in a large pocket or bag. However, I will definitely be replacing this case with something that feels less flimsy and unstable (with something that provides at least minimal minor-impact protection). I rate this case at 2 stars. My excellent Kindle Fire deserves better than this.

Edit 11/17/11: After a few days' use, I dislike this case even more. The cover/stand is unusable because it collapses so easily. When I try to use the Kindle Fire on a table or desktop, the cover/stand just gets in the way. For now, my replacement case is the rooCASE Dual-View Multi Angle (Red) Leather Folio Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Fire 7-Inch Android Tablet, which I find completely satisfactory.
on June 28, 2013
While the case itself fits the Kindle very well and the cover does provide scratch protection to the screen, I bought it because I wanted something that would cause the kindle to have a simple stand of some type. While this does have a stand, it really only works when the Kindle is on a flat surface and does not work at all, for example, standing on your lap or knees while you are commuting or just sitting in your favorite chair. The cause is very clear: the groove that was cut in the cover to act as a 'holder' for the flap cover is just not deep enough to do so reliable on uneven surfaces. Ideally, the groove shoud have been deeper and should have had a bit of an angle inside the grove to more securly hold the flap cover so that it would not continually fall out of place. I will be returning this item as it clearly was not given enough thought about how most people use Kindles, i.e., they don't sit at a desk while watching their Kindle--they are stretched out on the sofa with the Kindle on their abdomens or in their favorite chair with the Kindle on their lap or on the train with the Kindle on their knees, etc.
on April 16, 2012
I have two of these cases, purchased them along with two Kindle Fires back in the fall, one for myself and one for an employee to use, so I've been using them for about five months now. Two months ago I would have given these devices four stars out of five, my only complaints being that the "stand" doesn't always hold up well, and I worried that the strap would wear out. Other than that, I was very satisfied with the devices, and they DO do a good job of protecting my Fire. I've dropped it about five times since I purchased it, and a couple of times I dropped it HARD on a hard surface, and this cover has done an excellent job of protecting it. And my fears about the strap were unfounded--yes, it's a little stretched out now compared to when I first got it, but five months later it's still holding up fine.

So what's the problem, then? The rubber coating on the case. As far as I can tell, the case itself is made of a hard plastic, and the cover flap is cardboard, and both appear to be coated with a rubberized coating. The problem is that the rubberized coating--on both cases--has begun to peel off. I first noticed it on the Kindle Fire that my employee had. Almost the entire back of the case had lost its rubber coating. I asked him what he'd done to his Fire, and he said nothing. I hardly believed him until a couple of weeks ago. I took my Kindle Fire out into the sun to read (Contrary to online reviews, you CAN read the Fire in even bright sunlight if the screen brightness is turned up all the way). When I came back into the hotel room I felt a strange roughness to the Marware case. I looked down and the rubber on both edges of the case had begun to crack, just as it had on the other case. Yes, I'd been out in the sun, but it hadn't been THAT hot outside (high 70's), and I'd actually been in the shade for most of the time.

I want to be clear that I don't think the cracking of the rubber coating is affecting the protection the case provides, which is the main reason that I purchased it. But it LOOKS terrible, which is why I've given it such a low rating.

I'll be purchasing a new case for my Fire soon. You can bet that I won't be buying THIS case.
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 13, 2011
I was so excited when I pre-ordered my Kindle Fire that I also pre-ordered this so-call hard shell cover for it. I wanted something to protect it while I was traveling and I really wanted the hands-free stand for long watching while up in the air. I was immediately disappointed with the product when it arrived, even more so considering the $40 price tag at initial release. The shell itself is only decent at best. I expected a tougher shell similar to several smartphone cases. I didn't expect OtterBox, but I did expect Seidio. This was neither. It does secure nicely in the back of the case, but it still warps and twists and turns with easy manipulation. The little stand is a plastic flap. If it was the same heft and thickness of the back portion, I would be less disappointed. I'm always in danger of ripping this flap off when not secured. As a stand, it's passable. But the groove where the underside of the flap goes needs to be deeper and more rigid. To be fair, it did remain upright while I was watching it. However, I was worried the entire time. So again, it's decent but not worth $40 and still not worth the $30 Amazon is charging for it. Like many others, I agree that this is really a $20 case ($25 tops). I'm sure I'll be looking for a replacement case next spring.