Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 668 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 5,486 reviews
on July 21, 2012
Your plain Kindle will come with a charger that hooks to the Kindle via a USB port on you computer.

This device is simply a wall adapter, without a cord, that fits into an AC outlet. In my experience with a Kindle Fire, I find AC charging to be must faster than USB charging. Also, charging and reading at the same time is easier with a AC model. You can charge just about anywhere that has a power outlet.

As much as I read, I feel additional chargers are something I will use. If I had known exactly what it was, I would not have ordered it. I have 5, this will make 6.

You can purchase chargers and adapters at Walgreens dirt cheap. I usually find them in the checkout line.

Two stars are deducted for the high price. It works fine.
on January 2, 2012
I thought it was annoying to hook my kindle touch up to my laptop to have it charge, so I bought this so I could have a charger in the bedroom. The usb cable (included with the kindle) easily hooks in the back end of the adapter. Seems to charge the kindle quickly, and even though I thought it was a bit expensive I figured it would be safest to go with the approved adapter. I recommend ordering this at the time of your kindle order because it seems like you can get a discount that way.
on August 8, 2013
So I bought the charger when I bought my Kindle. I knew that sometimes they're half price but I figured that $5 off was alright too. After receiving my Kindle in the mail, one of the special offers was for chargers half price. I could have paid less and survive plugging my Kindle to my computer (or borrowing someone else's charger). So if you don't see the charger half price and you think you can wait, maybe it's worth waiting for a better offer.
on January 10, 2012
I can appreciate the fact that this isn't included in the box of the Kindle Touch, to keep costs down. Plus, most people have other usb devices that require power, so you may have something that will work already. Do you have a power supply for your iPad/iPhone/iPod? The little white box that plugs into the wall, and the other end accepts a usb cable? If so, use that to charge your Kindle. You can use any device that accepts a standard usb type a connector.

I'm giving this four stars still because it does in fact work. It does have the Amazon logo on it, so it's a genuine accessory for the Kindle, and that provides peace of mind for a lot of people. Let's face it: you do NOT need this accessory if you have a computer. This is simply a nice-to-have, instead of a must-have. It becomes a must-have for those few Kindle owners who do not own a computer.
on June 11, 2017
After years of use, this piece is finally started heating up when it's plugged in… I guess it's not too bad when you figure it has been used daily for the entire time!
on January 21, 2012
It does do what it was designed to do, charge a kindle from a wall plug. So it gets four stars as it works as stated.
Why only 4?
1 should have been included with a kindle
2 doesn't have to be bought, a PC USB or a Cel phone charger can work
3 Cheaper else where at local electronic stores

So it should be included with a Kindle, but since it isn't I would not suggest buying it.
on March 5, 2013
I actually bought this because I thought I wouldn't be able to charge my Kindle at all without it. That didn't turn out to be true. The Kindle comes with a USB cord which allows you to charge the Kindle by plugging it in to your computer. However, if you want to be able to charge your Kindle without running your computer, this little piece of hardware will let you plug the USB cord into the wall. If you're considering buying this, though, you might just want to wait and see if you have any other power adapter that is compatible with your Kindle's USB cord. I discovered that the USB cord works just fine with an iPod power adapter. So if you have one of those, you probably don't need this.
on October 6, 2013
When I bought my Kindle Paperwhite this adapter was on sale for $10; down from the usual $20. So I got it mainly because if you use an 'unapproved' adapter and it malfunctions and damages your device you may have no recourse. Cheap aftermarket accessories have been known to fail. Also I didn't like the idea of charging off my computer; it's slower and in the way. I'd rather charge the Kindle on the kitchen counter while I'm using the computer for something else. Anyway most experts agree that Amazon is not making much money on it's Kindles and accessories but rather on the software and Prime that keep it all going. It's a decent charger and worth $10-15. ($20 hmmmmm : ( ) Usually I'd rather be safe than sorry. Anyway my whole Kindle system works great so I'm happy.
on August 13, 2013
The original USB charger for my Kindle seemed to charge the Kindle a little faster. Maybe it is my imagination. Every time I travel I seem to always leave something behind. At least it is easy to find a replacement. I think they could be a little less expensive. Try making one without the amazon name and I bet the price will drop.
on August 22, 2017
Bummed that I bought this without shopping around. I've found cheaper ones but I can't really complain because it does work.