Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 1, 2011, 11:31:20 PM PDT
Come on Bantam! Why have you priced the Kindle version at almost twice the price as what Amazon charges for the paperback collection?

Costs are lower and margins are higher on EBooks. I just don't get it...

Posted on Jun 2, 2011, 6:24:06 AM PDT
Brian H says:
Because most publishers are morons who are nothing but greedy. Kind of like music companies.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011, 8:41:55 AM PDT
Shug says:
SO now they dont get my money at all. I bought the kindle for convience, but not to bay double for a book. I wont be buying it in paperback as I do most all my reading on the kindle, and I wont buy it on the kindle when the price is so much more.

Posted on Jun 12, 2011, 10:46:25 PM PDT
All four books for 19.77? Sounds like about 5 bucks a book--still a good buy--are all the pages there? Not condensed? I'm for it. Judysroots

Posted on Jun 13, 2011, 8:24:09 AM PDT
35.00 for kindle and 17.99 for paperbacks. I'm tring to help the environment, but this really hurts my packetbook. Not fair, not using paper is supposed to be cheaper, not more.

Posted on Jun 16, 2011, 2:42:11 AM PDT
It's egregious what some of the publishers are charging for ebook titles. This is just another shining example. I won't be buying until this is priced more reasonably.

Posted on Jun 19, 2011, 5:44:37 AM PDT
I wonder if it is not some sort of conspiracy? If a publisher is not physically printing books then what are they good for? In the wonderful modern age of science we live in any Joe Shmoe writer can upload a book for digital distribution. Maybe these big publishing houses see the writing on the wall and are feebly attempting to fight the inexorable progress of time by making digital distribution arbitrarily too costly in the hopes that we will all forget about it... And I bet the government sanctioned robot alien zombies put them up to it! Well you zombie robots from the planet Qroxu VII will get none of my hard earned American money I'll tell you that much! I need to save my cash for guns, copies of the KJV Bible, and MREs for the shelter. I guess if I want a decently priced e-book I will just have to resort to more nefarious means of acquisition. Just remember what happened the last time a large government backed corporation attempted to coerce unfair economic pressures on a knowledgeable and armed public: the East India Trading Company lost a lot of tea. Here endeth the lesson.

Posted on Jun 28, 2011, 12:09:25 PM PDT
Shocked to see this price difference. I was all set to put this on my Kindle (which I love) only to find out that I would be getting ripped off. It's irritating that something that costs the publisher less to manufacture is driven up in price, so consumers lose and the publisher profits more. Since I can only vote here and with my wallet, I won't be buying these books. I'll borrow from friends, just to make sure that the publisher doesn't make a dime off of me since they tried to rip me off.

Posted on Jul 22, 2011, 6:51:42 AM PDT
CJ says:
I really want to read these books. I recently got a Kindle and I got it for 3 reasons: 1) The books were a little cheaper than the published copies, 2) The convenience of being able to carry lots of books around while traveling without taking up the space and 3) Better for the environment (or the environment of my house anyway - not having books stacked up everywhere). I was all set to buy this and had my Kindle ready for the download when I looked at the price vs. the paper version price. Say what?! You know, I wouldn't even mind if it was the SAME price as the paper version, but $10 more - no way! I bought my Kindle to help SAVE on the cost of buying books and NOT to be taken advantage of thank you very much. I will buy the paper version or nothing at all - seems silly since I've only had my Kindle for two weeks and I'm back to buying paper books again....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2011, 2:12:15 PM PDT
Agreed one hundred percent! I had to do a double take when I saw the prices. It was so unbelievable.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011, 10:13:26 AM PDT
The price has gone done a bit to know $29.99 for the Kindle set. I'm saving up on Giftcards so I don't have to use my own money for these books.

Posted on Dec 23, 2011, 9:26:22 PM PST
Nat Kat says:
I don't know what is wrong with the publishers. Do they not realize that with the decreased manufacturing costs of e-books they could be going for VOLUME profit? People would be buying e-books like crazy ... except that they are MORE EXPENSIVE than the print versions (and in a crappy economy, too.) I think the publishers are shooting themselves in the foot. Trying to squeeze the highest profit margin out of each individual sale causes them to sell FEWER books judging from the comments here and my own personal feelings. I would be buying LOTS of kindle books at $3 each or $5 each. But when they cost the same as paper? or more? Phooey! At least the paper books I can re-sell to my local used bookstore when I am done. You can't even re-sell or lend-out the electrons & bad editing that is an e-book!!!

Posted on Apr 23, 2012, 2:16:13 PM PDT
Baja Reader says:
I bought a Kindle fire which is too heavy and ackward to hold while reading in bed. Paperbacks are usually 1/2 the price and I wanted to save the environment as well as space in my library as I do not re-read books. I am getting old and there is no sense to save the books for the future generation cluttering and creating work for them to dispose. I give away the books so that someone else can enjoy them. There is so much trash in our world. Unfortunately, I do not live near a public library anymore.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012, 7:34:07 AM PDT
Sadly these arent the only Kindle books that are way overpriced.With the lack of a physical book I don't understand how any e-Book is more money.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 12:17:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012, 12:42:36 AM PDT
J. Pierce says:
Shocked to find out the price for the Kindle version of this set is $33+, when a year ago I purchased it for $9.99. Kindle ebook prices have gone through the roof! I wanted to purchase the Kindle version of Terry Goodkind's the Sword of Truth series only to find out it's more expensive than the same books in paperback! Horrible!
P.S I also purchased the Kindle version of a Dance with Dragons for $9.99, priced now at $19. :(

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 10:24:38 PM PST
HYBS says:
Recently saw that there's a dispute going on in the courts about price-fixing for ebooks. ABOUT TIME! I hope they get the *** sued out of them. Amazon lied to its customers when gen1 Kindle was advertised with the promise that no book would be over $whatever it was--and by now it's beyond ridiculous. And you don't even own these "books." I've never spent another dime on kindle upgrades and dam if I'll spend twice what I need to spend for something I don't own and can't pick up and lend to a friend or donate to the library sale. Ebooks are convenient and green, but it's insulting to set myself up to get ripped off like this! BOOOOOOO AMAZON and ALL THEIVING PUBLISHERS! Support your local library! Most of them offer rental ebooks now that you can download to your reader or your computer. You don't get to own the books, but you don't own the overpriced ebooks you pay Amazon for either.

Posted on May 5, 2013, 6:17:25 PM PDT
Robert H. says:
Same here, just looking at the price and amazon can stick their download. Do not know why they shoot themselves in the foot with their stupid prices. They must be loosing sales and they are probably thinking"WHY"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jun 1, 2011
Latest post:  May 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about