Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2010, 6:45:27 AM PST
C. Bahr says:
No kindle version. Really>? Why not publisher?

Posted on Mar 13, 2010, 9:27:28 AM PST
all of his other books are on kindle. why are publishers so stupid regarding ebooks? I wont by a real book ever again. they think we are going to buy a hardback so they wait to post a kindle. that is stupid i wont! l

Posted on Mar 14, 2010, 6:16:35 PM PDT
Roger1 says:
For those of us who travel extensively, a Kindle is the only useful way to read books. Otherwise, we'd need another bag to hold the books.
I've developed a strategy for dealing with books that aren't available in Kindle editions or where the Kindle edition is priced too high. I wait until one of my friends buys it (at the Amazon discounted price) and reads it, then I add it to my "only read at home pile," and then I make sure someone else gets it and that they promise to sell it as a used book. That's at least three copies the publisher didn't get to sell, and probably more. The more of us who play this game, the sooner the book publishers will come to recognize that if they try to control the market, they will find themselves in the same deteriorating position as music publishers.

Posted on Mar 14, 2010, 6:46:33 PM PDT
C. Parisi says:
are they really not putting this out on Kindle right now? Have they lost their minds? Is there anywhere, outside of looking for the Kindle edition on Amazon and seeing the message, that the publisher is officially taking a stance and saying they aren't releasing it on Kindle? I haven't found it anywhere online...

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 6:10:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2010, 6:11:10 AM PDT
mgrierson says:
It makes absolutely no sense for Amazon and the publishers not to get on the same page with offering ALL new books on the Kindle and other eBook devices. This is very frustrating. In this case, I can not even find any additional info as to if/when this book will become available electronically.

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 7:37:23 AM PDT
Now that I have a Kindle, I will never read a paper book again. That being said, if the books I want to read are not available on Kindle, I will read something else. there are more than enough books out that I couldn't even make a dent in them in my lifetime.

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 7:57:42 AM PDT
wyc says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2010, 8:05:39 AM PDT
OkieRN says:
I am a compulsive consumer and wanted to read the book as soon as I watched the great interview with Mr. Lewis on 60 Min. yesterday. I went to Amazon to download the book before the interview was over and sadly found it not available for Kindle. Now I am starting to forget why I wanted it so bad. Maybe this delay is the answer to controlling my compulsion to buy books.

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 8:41:49 AM PDT
Bookie Joint says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 9:44:39 AM PDT
M. Adamo says:
Add me to the Kindle request list. I like Mr. Lewis' work, but I won't buy this book in hardback. Oh, and I won't pay the hardback price for an eBook either. Final offer: $9.99 on Kindle, take it or leave it.

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 12:51:24 PM PDT
JayRye says:
Folks, let's be sure to point the blame were it belongs and thats with the author and the publisher with their greedy decision to not publish a kindle version. I'm sure amazon would love to be offering a kindle version but the author and publisher won't let them.

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 3:29:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2010, 3:30:53 PM PDT
In my experience, the kindle version often trails the DTB release by a week or two. So I am (impatiently) reserving judgment, at least for another week or so. Instead of cluttering up the reviews with a one-star, however, I have given my feedback to the publisher with the feedback button on the product page.

I do have to correct Mr. Ryan, though -- the author has nothing to say about whether the book is in kindle version, and when. Perhaps Dan Brown does, but the rest of us give up those rights when we sign on the dotted line.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2010, 3:30:34 PM PDT
OkieRN says:
On second thought,I just read the book sample and noticed one of his expert sources was Barney Frank. I think I will just pass on this one.

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 4:51:21 PM PDT
B. Blanton says:
The publishers are trying to get us to buy the hard copy or wait for the Kindle so more people buy hard copies first. there is a publisher/amazon war going on. We would buy the expensive Kindles with the limits of no sharing, only reading on one piece of hardware and no giving away for a tax write off so they are trying something new. Try buying one copy and sharing with all your friends with a limit to how long they have to read it. We've had 15 people read one hard copy which has save us all money and kept us from each buying the hard copy and waiting for the Kindle. We just have to be light on our feet to play their game.....or as soon as you hear a book is coming out, everyone immediately reserve it at the library before the line gets overwhelming.

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 4:51:56 PM PDT
B. Blanton says:
The publishers are trying to get us to buy the hard copy or wait for the Kindle so more people buy hard copies first. there is a publisher/amazon war going on. We would buy the expensive Kindles with the limits of no sharing, only reading on one piece of hardware and no giving away for a tax write off so they are trying something new. Try buying one copy and sharing with all your friends with a limit to how long they have to read it. We've had 15 people read one hard copy which has save us all money and kept us from each buying the hard copy and waiting for the Kindle. We just have to be light on our feet to play their game.....or as soon as you hear a book is coming out, everyone immediately reserve it at the library before the line gets overwhelming.

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 5:27:44 PM PDT
mollybo says:
sigh. I heard the review on NPR and came to buy the book only to find ... I can't. I'm sure by the time the publisher gets around to making a Kindle copy available something else will have caught my attention. Oh well, yet another lost sale due to the publisher's incompetence.

Keep up with the marketplace or lose sales. It's that simple.

Posted on Mar 16, 2010, 6:10:06 PM PDT
Has anyone else noticed that the Big Short is now offered in kindle version -- but not in the USA!? Whazzupwidat?

OTOH, my prediction: the USA version will emerge in the next few days.

Posted on Mar 18, 2010, 10:32:13 AM PDT
I'm in Europe, and I can purchase the Kindle version... for $21! Thats $6 more than hardcover. Weird.

Posted on Mar 18, 2010, 3:39:25 PM PDT
Yakabuda says:
Who the hell are you people and what internet rock were you sent out from under to bomb this book's ratings? It's obviously organized -- I've never seen this many babies in one place without supervision.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2010, 5:12:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 29, 2010, 12:40:44 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2010, 7:21:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2010, 7:22:24 PM PDT
z_bookworm says:
I love it, B. Blanton. The Kindle-addicts are downrating your post about book-sharing, used books (which are more eco-friendly than mfg millions of Kindles) b/c they don't want any alternatives to their format of choice. Hypocrisy, much?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2010, 7:13:03 AM PDT
Grinznmore says:
C Sharpton. Same here.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2010, 7:13:43 AM PDT
Grinznmore says:
It's not Amazon, it's the Publisher

Posted on Mar 20, 2010, 9:32:37 AM PDT
Jim Anderson says:
I prefer to read on my Kindle - a friend just GAVE me all of the Prey series by John Sandford, in hardback book form. I have finished about 12 of them but can't wait to get back to my Kindle. I think the publishers are making a huge mistake by delaying the book in ebook format.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2010, 10:25:56 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 29, 2010, 12:41:38 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 30, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers