& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- The all new, unparalleled Kinect technology captures your likeness as a champion and thrusts you into sporting events against friends, rivals and the entire world
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
It's you vs. the world
Kinect Sports Rivals, built for the power of Xbox One, lets you become the champion you were meant to be in an ever-evolving sports competition. Instantly create a super you and take on friends, rivals, and the entire world in the events tennis, bowling, soccer, wake racing, target shooting, and climbing.
A challenger comes forth
And that challenger is you. The all-new, unparalleled Kinect technology instantly scans you and captures your likeness as a super you: your champion. Now the game is all about you—how you look, how you act, how you compete.
Xbox One’s all-new sensor technology reinvents motion game play. With specific tracking not only of limbs, but fingers, hand gestures, even facial movements and expressions, Kinect Sports Rivals makes competition more meaningful.
Always a new experience
With different sports happening in multiple zones, you’ll find yourself in the middle of a world of gaming and adventure that grows and evolves based on your tastes, skills, and experiences.
Join a team
Teams add a whole new layer. They bind the community and bring life to the competition. When you step into an event, you’ll be able to surround yourself with people that play the way you want to play.
Top Customer Reviews
Addressing some of the negative reviews for particular sports:
Wave racing - this is actually pretty easy once you grasp the concept of not going full throttle on turns. Ever try to play Forza 5 without using the brakes? Why do you think this would be different? Ease off the gas on turns and wake racing becomes cakewalk.
Soccer - I watched some of the review videos it was apparent that that people couldn't grasp the concept that you actually have to pay attention to what foot the ball is on and how you move your foot for passes - controlling the direction of the pass using either inside, front or outside of your foot. For shots it's about timing in addition to foot/head awareness, but I didn't start the game expecting high scores, after all - real 90 minute soccer matches often end with only a point on the board. For blocking shots it's really easy to do, as long as you have the space to make lateral movements across your room in front of your Kinect.
Rock Climbing - very easy to get into, my only gripe was that I didn't have the ceiling space to fully extend my arms over my head so your mileage may vary. I was able to mitigate this by using jumps more often.
Target shooting - all about timing and positioning. Some reviews complained about skull and sequence targets, but if they weren't in the game you could just flair your arm across the whole board without thinking and win every time.Read more ›
Now it was time to play or so I thought. The game forces you to play all of the tutorials for each game in the order they want you to play them. Starting with the watersport. This has been out for a while as a free demo for the game. It is an okay part of the game. It takes a lot of practice so I get the need for the tutorial. Then you move on to the other parts of the game again in the order they want you to play them. You can not deviate from the order they set. You can do a quick play but it will not give you virtual dollars or champion achievements for this. You will be playing as one of the team members and not your champion. I get why they did it but I did not like this aspect. I don't like the soccer game and won't be playing it so why force me to play the tutorial for it ? There is a way to "force" your way past them. Start the tutorial then quit playing it by either walking out of the kinect view or use the home button on the controller. Then select the quit. It will give you a warning that if you quit you won't be able to do this tutorial and earn the point for it. You can see use the tutorials again during the quick play so it isn't that big of a deal.
There is a new shopping feature. You can buy power ups, equipment, and costumes for the game using your virtual dollars you earn playing the game.Read more ›
- Sometimes fun, casual. Rock climbing is the best "mini game" in my opinion. Wake Racing is also pretty fun.
- Really cool feature makes your avatar look much more like you (it scans your face)
- You can play co-op/versus and both with XP and coins
- Customization, like accessories and items that changes your power-ups, thus fitting the gameplay according to your style.
- Lamest selection of sports ever. Whatever happened to the very best BEACH VOLLEYBALL from the 1st installment? That was the best ever… What about the funniest Decathlon? Even glitchy, is was awesome at parties… Really, "Target Shooting"?? It plays lousy and it's really dumb.
- Soccer has been nerfed, you cannot try to block incoming passes anymore, you just control the goalkeeper while defending. Why bother passing the ball at all? Why not make the "Soccer" sport just a Penalty Kick mini-game?!
- Haven't found any 4-player game other than Bowling. No party mode, no mini-games within each sports. Really? It plays more like a single-player or 2-player co-op game… not that it's a "con" but I expect it to be more of a party game…
- No way to control options and rules within each sports (for instance, when Bowling, you cannot play with a friend only, the game adds 2 bots, so it's 4-players always… and always 10 frames, you cannot have a "fast" match with 3 or 5 frames…)
- Did I already mention Target Shooting? Well, it deserves another mention here. What the heck? What a dumb "sport", worst "mini-game" ever to be included here. Really. Really??
If you do not intend to play with 4 payers (unless you just wanna play Bowling), then I think it's an okay game, if you're looking for a single-player/2-players Kinect game, you'll like it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's ok, but I miss some other sports from KS and KS Season Two, such as: golf, boxing, athletics, table tennis and beach volleyball. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Uira
I downloaded this game because I had just bought a Kinect and I hated the game. I don't recommend getting this if you actually know about all the sports involved in the game. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Nikkisa H. Abdollahi