About the Product
- Features six team-based and individual sports - tennis, golf, American football, baseball, skiing and darts - with unique challenges and activities for each
- Showcases Kinnect's intuitive gameplay and effortless immersion
- Get personal in a one-on-one showdown with your family, or send a challenge for your friends to tackle when they jump on Xbox LIVE later
- With new Achievements, exciting activities and unlockable avatar awards, every player of every skill will find something to challenge and enthrall them
- Log onto your KinectShare account to download photos and videos captured in-game, and share them with your family and friends
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Play Sports, Feel Great!
Step up to the plate, reach for your driver to tee off, or serve up an ace as the most popular Kinect franchise returns with "Kinect Sports: Season Two" – only on Kinect for Xbox 360. With six thrilling new sports to jump into and enjoy, "Kinect Sports: Season Two" pulls the whole family off the couch and turns your living room into a world-class sports arena where intuitive, full-body gameplay and friendly competition reign supreme. Following the top-selling and award-winning “Kinect Sports”, the second season amps up the action and delivers sporting gameplay like you've never seen – or felt – before!
"Kinect Sports: Season Two" sprints out of the box at full speed, taking full advantage of the revolutionary Kinect technology and its latest exciting features, such as in-game voice commands and enhanced motion tracking. Bringing the family together and introducing Challenge Play to Xbox LIVE and living rooms worldwide, "Kinect Sports: Season Two" harnesses the power of friendly competition to provide a more immersive experience for everyone from casual players to top-notch athletes and hardcore sports fans.
Game, Set, Kinect!
- A whole new ball game. "Kinect Sports: Season Two" features six full, new, team-based and individual sports – tennis, golf, American football, baseball, skiing and darts – with unique challenges and activities for each. With three difficulty levels ranging from rookie to champion, you can choose to hone your skills in a full-length game or just have instant fun with your friends and family in a Quick Play session – no setup required!
- New ways to play. As you experience each new sport, you'll see and feel the latest advancements in the revolutionary Kinect technology at work. Whether you're calling an audible in American football using in-game voice commands, or crouching down to get a detailed read of the green in golf, "Kinect Sports: Season Two" showcases the intuitive gameplay and effortless immersion that only Kinect can deliver.
- Anytime is game time. Can't seem to find the perfect time to meet in person? "Kinect Sports: Season Two" lets you send a challenge for later. Get personal in a one-on-one showdown with your family, or send a challenge for your friends to tackle when they jump on Xbox LIVE later.
- Bring your A-game. "Kinect Sports: Season Two" is the ultimate party experience for friends and family of all skill levels; it also rewards those who want to take their game to the next level. With new Achievements, exciting activities and unlockable avatar awards, every player of every skill will find something to challenge and enthrall them.
- One for the highlight reel. Log onto KinectShare.com to download photos and videos captured in-game, and share them with your family and friends – and now, for the first time, post your sporting triumphs directly to your Facebook wall!
- Doing it for the fans. The only way is up! Every victory adds to your fan base, giving you the chance to see legions of new supporters beat a path to your door. Compare your fan-following with your friends' to find out who's the true sports star! And if you've played "Kinect Sports," your fans are just waiting to make the journey into "Kinect Sports: Season Two" and support you in all the new sports.
- Go pro on Xbox LIVE. Through the power of the biggest gaming and social entertainment network connected to the TV, Xbox LIVE opens the playing field to the world. "Kinect Sports: Season Two" encourages you to connect and compete with friends and family no matter where they are in the world, as well as test your skills against millions of Xbox LIVE members.
Golf – fore! Anyone for golf? The answer will always be "yes!" once you've tried your hand at the nine holes of the Maple Lakes golf course. It's classic turn-taking stroke play as up to four players drive, chip and putt their way to the flag – or you can return to the hole of your choice and try for your personal best.
Darts – nerves of steel. With authentic gestures and pinpoint accuracy, darts has never looked better than at the glittering 180 Arena! Up to four players step up to prove they've got steady hands and quick wits to clear their 501-point tally. Glory awaits the first player to check out and win the game!
Baseball – batter up! It's game night at Galaxy Park, the "Kinect Sports" baseball field, and you're up! Experience the thrills of pitching, catching and batting – then take on a friend's team in a simultaneous two-player showdown that'll echo all the way to the pros!
Skiing – hit the slopes. The sparkling snow and breathtaking scenery may wow the crowd, but you'll need all your concentration to master the two hazardous slalom runs on each of the three dazzling "Kinect Sports" courses. Take risks to shave off seconds as you hurtle over huge jumps and aim for big air while speeding to the end of a thrilling simultaneous race!
Tennis – faultless. Grand slam Gardens is the place to dazzle your friends as you smash, serve and slam lightning-fast tennis balls over the net. Build up momentum in a two-player, simultaneous rally of skill and timing – then rush the net to send your opponent reeling and claim that final point!
American football – Gridiron Glory. Take the spotlight as "Kinect Sports: Season Two" makes you a football superstar. Pass and catch your way to a show-stopping touchdown with intense plays and hard-hitting action. Whether you're playing alone or butting heads with a friend in stunning simultaneous play, your team will always be there to back you up – just go easy on the showboating!
Top Customer Reviews
American Football: This is probably the most disappointing of the sports. It was the one I was looking forward to the most, and perhaps that is why I would consider it last. To start, you only get to play offense. The game begins with the kickoff where you wait for the ball to come to you and then run in place and try to dodge tackles. Then you take over on offense. The game only lets you pick between 6 passing plays. These get very repetitive after a while, and I noticed myself constantly calling for the deep pass every time because it's the easiest to run. When you score a touchdown/field goal or punt, the screen switches to a summary mode to show you what the opponent did. You never get to play defense or even see the other team score. It simply tells you whether they did or not. Then the whole process repeats until the game ends. As far as motions go, the sensor read my movements fairly accurately, but the running in place part did have some glitches. Don't expect to go through the motions just like a real quarterback, though. The motions are a bit dumbed-down. Overall I give this a 1/5.
Baseball: This was a bit better, but still disappointing. The batting part is pretty fun, as is running/sliding to first base if you don't hit the ball into the outfield. The pitching and defensive part of the game is a little boring. The pitching motions can be interesting, but the sensor didn't always read my movements correctly. I never once got a strikeout. I never even threw a ball (as opposed to a strike) for that matter.Read more ›
The best analogy I can come up with for Kinect Sports Season Two is that Kinect Sports Season Two is to the original as the movie The Matrix Reloaded is to The Matrix. On its own merits it's not a horrible game, but when compared to the iconic original there's just something really lacking.
Much of the feel of Kinect Sports Season Two is carried over the original, for better and worse. The graphics are still cartoony and your Kinect avatar is still there. There's still a loud and exuberant announcer with a quasi-European accent. After gameplay, you're still treated to videos of yourself looking silly.
There are some interesting improvements. For all the sports you have the option of competing as a single player against the Xbox, head-to-head against another human, or online through Xbox Live. There's also a mini-game associated with each sport.
What's completely different, of course, is that there are six new sports. Some of them are excellent, others not so much so. I'll provide my take on each.
1) FOOTBALL: This is a "simulation" of American football. I put the word simulation in quotation marks because this isn't exactly John Madden Football.
You start out by receiving an opening kick. There's no challenge in this, you just raise your hand when you're ready to receive it. Then you run in place as opponents try to tackle you.Read more ›
While Kinect Sports was fairly global in its sports, Kinect Sports is leans more heavily toward American sports. You get football, baseball, golf, tennis, darts, and skiing as your main events. You also have a number of game activities based on the aforementioned sports. It's a solid package and is one of the few Kinect titles that offer online play.
In addition to the game itself, there is a free download (DLC aka downloadable content) for Kinect Sports Season 2 called the Kinect Sports: Season Two - Challenge Pack #1. This DLC adds more game modes and as well as challenges to send to friends. Each sport receives a new experience: Crazy Kicker (Football), Frantic Fielder (Baseball), Cool Ringings (Skiing), Champion Chip (Golf), Rapid Returner (Tennis) and Smart Shot (Darts).
The main football event allows single player, multiplayer, and Xbox Live match play. Single player is you against the computer. Multiplayer is a 2-player game. You can either play against each other (VS) or with each other (CO-OP). Xbox Live match play is where can play against people through the Internet. Xbox Live online play requires an Xbox Live Gold account as the Xbox Live Free account does not allow online multiplayer.
The scope of the football game is fairly limited. There are 3 difficulty levels (rookie, pro, champion). You can return kickoffs and play as the quarterback and wide receiver. There is no defensive play which is a disappointment. As soon as you receive the kickoff, you are to sprint down the field. Your character will handle the juking while you provide the locomotion.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a fun game that is great for the whole family. There are many options of what you can play it is not limited to only one sport, but rather you can chose from may different... Read morePublished 4 days ago by SurvivalEDD
It's been about two months since I bought it and I absolutely love it.Published 19 days ago by CRISTIAN V.
I am having a lot of fun playing this game with my son. We love the baseball game the most.Published 1 month ago by Vt Momma 2010