Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 54 reviews
on March 1, 2013
So easy to put together and operate (female, age 39, put it together by myself in about 30 mins). I am not even coming close to touching the mat with my tire as some are experiencing. They must not have their bolts tight enough. Easy install w/ picture instructions. You only need to provide adjustable wrench. I thought I might want the pro-wheel, but it's something that I can add on later. Right now though, it's kicking my butt and I hardly have the tension tight. Whew, a work-out well needed! SO QUIET! I have it parked infront of the TV and I don't have to have it blaring to hear. I have a Felt carbon fiber frame, so I wanted a trainer that would give a little so I didn't stress out my frame. Trainer comes with a skewer, so don't bother ordering one (like I did). My trainer came with an instructional video w/ SpinerVals 27 video as well. Need to order yourself a trainer tire so you don't burn out your road tire. Also, get the turntable riser for your front tire. Couldn't be happier!
on May 15, 2012
I'm a fairly recent convert to using an indoor trainer. As much as I prefer riding outdoors, I have two small children and live in Phoenix. Thus, as summer hits, it's too hot to go riding in the middle of the day, yet with the kids I can rarely get out in the mornings or evenings.

I previously used a basic fluid trainer but wasn't ever really happy with it. Sure, it was under $200, but it didn't coast at all, was a little too noisy, and didn't "feel" that great. Standing up, for example, wasn't an option.

The Rock and Roll has a wonderful near-road feel and the movement does make a difference. You don't feel like you're going to topple over at all but that extra up and down and side to side does help you know when your form is slipping and makes the ride a lot more comfortable. The flywheel is awesome, letting you coast but also forcing you to change resistance to keep a steady pace (and avoid knocking because you're in too high a gear).

Lastly, I use this with TrainerRoad.com to measure power output and do structured workouts. Combine that with some Netflix in the background hooked up to my flat screen and it keeps my attention for at least my 60-90 minute indoor rides. I don't have a power meter, but TrainerRoad and the Kurt Kinectic are well-calibrated to get me in the ballpark and allow me to do power-based workouts for (at least) my indoor rides. Since my outdoor rides are all with a group where I don't control the pace, this really lets me tune things on the indoor days (which are 70% of my summer workouts).

In summary- if you can afford it and have the space, the Rock and Roll is worth it. If you can't, at least go with Kurt since the flywheel resistance unit is the best feeling I've found.
on December 25, 2012
I was looking for an indoor trainer to use during the winter season in an effort to keep up my bike training. After reading up on indoor trainers, I settled on this one in particular. First off I was looking for a fluid trainer verses a magnetic trainer. The resistance unit on the Kinetic trainers is unique because the shaft that attaches to the flywheel and roller (the part that the tire runs against) doesn't penetrate the fluid chamber. Please see Kurt Kinetic's website for a better explanation : ). Also, Kinetic has released a Bluetooth sensor that attaches to the resistance unit and when used in conjunction with their inRide app, calculates and displays watts on my smartphone.

Assembly was easy and straight forward. I used a torque wrench to tighten the bolts for the "rocking" portion, mainly to ensure that I had enough tension on the rubber dampers, but a torque wrench isn't required. Just be sure that the bolts holding the rubber dampers are tight enough to keep the bike's rear tire from touching the floor but loose enough to allow the trainer to rock side-to-side when you're "out of the saddle". A suggested torque figure was supplied in the instructions along with a recommended number of turns for each bolt (it's very easy to do). The main thing to remember is, these are "suggested" initial settings. Once you start using the trainer you will need to to tweak the torque/turns of the bolts to adjust for your weight and riding style.

I'm very pleased with the quality and performance of this trainer and I'm enjoying(?) the benefits of using my bike during crappy weather days!
on December 23, 2012
I bought this trainer for several reasons. One, it was often a part of an add for another product or article in tri and cycling mags. Two, basic research on Kinetics solution for avoiding leaks by the resistance fluid is not matched in other products. Three, the Rock and Roll feature seems to not only make sense from a balancing perspective but also from a stress minimizing on the bike frame viewpoint. Finally after extensive reviews of much more expensive trainers I came to the conclusion the the delta in cost was largely due to gadgetry rather than the training function itself.

I am generally happy. It is solid, simple and fulfills its purpose especially on the cold, dark, short winter days.
on January 31, 2014
I’ve owned this trainer for ~ 3 years. The upper frame broke twice in the same area but on opposite sides. KK was great (fast with no hassle) on replacing the broken upper frame each time. At the beginning of January 2014, the lower frame broke. This time my experience was different than in the past. KK chose to replace the entire frame with a new design, taking 4 weeks to arrive. I can’t imagine why it took so long; they manufacture the frames, don’t they? I just assembled the new frame only to discover the tension knob required for the new frame is a different design than the frame I own resulting in another e-mail back to KK for a new knob - KK didn't include it with the new frame. All in; 3 frame breaks and 5+ weeks without a trainer.
on March 8, 2017
Compact, quiet, and the rocking gives the midsection a little workout. Very satisfied.
on April 11, 2013
My wife has been asking for a trainer upgrade. She kept going between this and another version and finally settled on the Rock and Roll because I gave her the Spinerval DVDs for Christmas. She's ridden bother her carbon TT and 650c wheeled road bike on the trainer.

She wanted some of the accessories that are marketed with the trainer. We ended up getting the floor mat, turn-able riser ring, small wheel adapter, and rear skewer. The floor mat works great if you have tile or wood floors. It makes the trainer sturdy and keeps the front riser ring in place. The turn-able riser ring is also very neat, especially if you are doing the Spinerval DVDs.

We did, however, find out that the skewer and small wheel adapter are not needed by most people. A skewer comes with the trainer and you'll only need one as a replacement or for another bike and even then you can go to your local bike shop and pick up a standard steel skewer. We ordered the wheel adapter because my wife thought that her 650c wheel would need an adapter to fit the trainer. Not the case. 650c sized wheels will work WITHOUT ANY ADAPTER.

I have not personally used the trainer, but assembled it. It is a very sturdy well built trainer and should be able to take years of use. The only thing I'm interested in seeing how it lasts will be the rubber bushings that makes the Rock and Roll trainer rock and roll. Overall there no complaints and a happy wife make for 5 stars!
on March 12, 2014
First I will say I haven't watched the DVD that came with mine so this review is about the trainer itself.

It is very sturdy and the clamps work well. It took some getting used to the swaying but when I am on the saddle it feels just like riding. If you have the money to spend I would recommend this trainer.
on October 15, 2014
The product is great just as Kinetc descride it. However condition it arrived in was not what I would have ecpexted. Won't return it workes fine. I would expect to take it out of box not have scratches on it and have to scrape glue off the feet of product.
We have been looking at trainers for a couple years, but we never found one that we really liked. We needed something that would be versatile and durable. When we learned my husband would need to have back surgery, we decided it was time to take the plunge and purchase a trainer as he would need it for use in his recovery. We kept researching until we came across the Kinetic brand of trainers. We went back and forth between this trainer and the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine Indoor Trainer. Ultimately, we decided to go with this trainer due to the more realistic movement of the trainer while riding.

Upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised at the heft/sturdiness of the trainer. It is large and looks like it will last for years to come. After getting it all assembled (which does take a little time), my husband tried it out using the Kurt Kinetic Swivel Riser Ring for Rock 'n' Roll Trainers. He ended up changing out his mountain bike tire for a street tire to make the ride a little quieter. Overall, he was pleased with the feel of the trainer. He likes that he's able to easily adjust the tension to customize his workout.

My daughter has even enjoyed using the trainer. She keeps asking Daddy to put her bike on it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.