Kinetic by Kurt Rock and Roll Smart 2
|Brand||Kinetic by Kurt|
|Bike Type||Road Bike|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Patented frame mimics real-road movement
- Progressive fluid resistance for a quiet, realistic ride
- Compatible with apps like Kinetic Fit, Swift, Trainer Road, and Fit on operating on Bluetooth Smart- or ANT+-connected phones, tablet, and computers
- 6.25 pound flywheel for superior ride feel
- Includes a FREE 1-month subscription to the premium Smart package in the Kinetic Fit power-training app. (lifetime use of Fit Core)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Multi-platform | Multi-device
Kinetic Smart 2 fluid power trainers are app-compatible and work with Kinetic Fit, Zwift, TrainerRoad, Rouvy, Kinomap, The Sufferfest, FulGaz and others on connected iOS or Android devices, Mac or Windows computers and Garmin cycling computers.
- ANT+ and Bluetooth compatible
- Transmits speed, cadence, power and other data to training apps
Train smarter not harder
Kinetic Rock and Roll Smart 2 is Zwift-compatible
The Rock and Roll | Smart 2 combines the world’s only free-moving fluid trainer with app-based power training. No other trainer delivers a more realistic experience and cycling-specific core workout. Kinetic Smart 2 trainers transmit rider training metrics to apps on smart phones, tablets, laptops and cycling computers. No additional sensors or add-ons are needed. Kinetic Smart 2 trainers are the easiest way to get started with app-based training and are battery-powered and portable.
- Rider controls fluid resistance by speeding up or slowing down—not an app-controlled trainer.
- Max resistance: 1400 watts at 35 mph
Use with training apps
Connect with the best apps
Full virtual course rides and detailed workout programs with custom-tailored resistance targets are available with apps like Kinetic Fit, Zwift, TrainerRoad, Rouvy, Kinomap, The Sufferfest and FulGaz.
Patented Kinetic fluid resistance
Fluid resistance increases or decreases with wheel speed. Riders must shift gears and speed up or slow down to vary resistance. Training apps can give riders power targets to match by varying gears and speed, just like riding outdoors.
Kinetic Smart 2 trainers use the latest communication protocols: ANT+, ANT+ FE-C, and Bluetooth FTMS on connected smart phones, tablets and laptops. Kinetic Smart 2 trainers are also compatible with Garmin devices.
Kinetic Quality and Compatibility
Top ride quality and construction
The patented Rock and Roll frame and Kinetic fluid resistance unit provide the highest-quality and durability. A 6.2 lb. flywheel feels like riding outside.
Maximum bike compatibility
Most bikes can mount on a Kinetic tire-drive trainer. Including bikes with thru-axles, internally-geared hubs, and wheels as small as 16 inches. (Small Wheel Adapter shown above).
Get started training
All Kinetic tire-drive trainers are easy to get started training on. Just mount the resistance unit, replace your bike's quick-release skewer with the Kinetic skewer and mount your bike. If your bike uses a 12 mm thru axle we recommend using the Kinetic Traxle thru-axle adapter.
|Kinetic Rock and Roll Smart 2||Kinetic Road Machine Smart 2||Kinetic R1 Trainer||Kinetic Rock and Roll Control||Kinetic Road Machine Control|
|Trainer drive||Tire drive. We recommend using a trainer tire.||Tire drive. We recommend using a trainer tire.||Direct drive. Remove rear wheel.||Tire drive. We recommend using a trainer tire.||Tire drive. We recommend using a trainer tire.|
|Allows movement||Yes, side-to-side free movement.||No, fixed frame design.||Yes, side-to-side free movement.||Yes, side-to-side free movement.||No, fixed frame design.|
|Dual-band wireless||Yes, connects to training apps via Bluetooth FTMS and ANT+ FE-C.||Yes, connects to training apps via Bluetooth FTMS and ANT+ FE-C.||Yes, connects to training apps via Bluetooth FTMS and ANT+ FE-C.||Yes, connects to training apps via Bluetooth FTMS and ANT+ FE-C.||Yes, connects to training apps via Bluetooth FTMS and ANT+ FE-C.|
|Resistance type||Kinetic patented fluid resistance. No electricity required.||Kinetic patented fluid resistance. No electricity required.||Electronic magnetic, interactive app-controlled. Requires electricity.||Electronic magnetic, interactive app-controlled. Requires electricity.||Electronic magnetic, interactive app-controlled. Requires electricity.|
|Automatic resistance||No, fluid resistance changes with wheel speed, not automatic, rider initiates changes.||No, fluid resistance changes with wheel speed, not automatic, rider initiates changes.||Yes, apps control trainer resistance changes.||Yes, apps control trainer resistance changes.||Yes, apps control trainer resistance changes.|
|Connects with apps||Yes, connects with apps, but fluid trainers transmit power data to apps, apps don't communicate back to trainer.||Yes, connects with apps, but fluid trainers transmit power data to apps, apps don't communicate back to trainer.||Yes, apps control the trainer, fully interactive two-way communication.||Yes, apps control the trainer, fully interactive two-way communication.||Yes, apps control the trainer, fully interactive two-way communication.|
The Rock and Roll | Smart combines the world's only free-moving fluid trainer with intuitive app-based power training. No other trainer delivers a more realistic experience and cycling-specific core workout. The pre-installed Kinetic in Ride 3 Power Sensor allows riders to connect with a world of training possibilities with apps like Kinetic Fit, Swift, Trainer Road, Rouyn, Kino map and Fula via ANT+, ANT+ FE-C, and Bluetooth FTMS on connected smart phones, tablets and laptops. No additional sensors or add-ons are needed. Enjoy real-road feel from the precision-calibrated fluid resistance unit and access online training tools, content and power data - all at your fingertips. Fluid resistance adjusts with wheel speed and is not app controlled.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 30 x 30 x 11 inches; 47 Pounds
- Item model number : T-2810
- Department : Unisex
- Date First Available : June 16, 2018
- Manufacturer : Kinetic by Kurt
- ASIN : B07DSDKB89
Best Sellers Rank:
#178,913 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #89 in Bike Resistance Trainers
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
On the other hand, Kinetic Customer Support was helpful and after following their instructions exactly, now my unit is smart and working (I got it hooked up to both Kinetic FIT and Zwift using my iPad).
I have been riding it twice this week and everything is working fine. I am sure I will put it to good work this winter:-)
Top reviews from other countries
Really love the trainer.
1. The natural slight movement of the bike (even if not riding by standing) - finding it much more comfortable than the usual fixed trainer. Although, took me two-three days to get used to this and staying straight on the bike.
2. Well made.
3. If you have a budget - get the new model Kinetic R1 with the same natural bike movement, but with the direct drive option.
Since the trainer is a wheel on you will have several uncomfortable things (as for any other similar wheel on trainer of any company):
- advised to have a special tire (especially if the bike is not a road bike and have off-road tires on it)
- advised to loosen the bolt of the wheel after each ride
- before each ride check the tire pressure
- advised to clean the tire before each ride
- advised to calibrate before each usage (it will take a 10 minutes ride + calibration of 30 seconds on the Kinetic mobile App) - same thing advised on any wheel-on trainer
Using this trainer with Zwift.
The trainer is coming with attached sensor inRide Smart 3 and considered as a "smart trainer" since it will provide Power, cadence and speed directly to Zwift (no need for additional devices, well - a heart rate monitor maybe, but this is an additional option).