King Arthur, Unbleached Bread Flour, Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Kosher, No Preservatives, 5 Pounds
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Ingredients||'UNBLEACHED ENRICHED HARD SPRING WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN (VITAMIN B3), REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID).' See more|
|Brand||King Arthur Flour|
|Package Weight||2.26 Kilograms|
About this item
- The secret to better breads: Our higher gluten bread flour delivers consistent results. Our bread flour is 12.7% protein - a full point higher than other national brands. It strengthens the rise, so your breads are lofty and perfectly textured every time
- Use this flour for all your yeast baking, from bread (including bread machine loaves) to rolls to pizza. Combine it with whole wheat flour to add extra height to dense whole grain baked goods that need a little lift
- King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour is Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Kosher
- King Arthur Baking Company is a 100% Employee-Owned Company and a founding B Corporation
- We are King Arthur Baking Company. Our name and logo reflect who we've always been and always will be: bakers who are committed to spreading the simple joy of baking
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
About King Arthur Baking Company
We're an employee-owned company, every one of us bakers at heart. Our mission is to inspire connections and community by spreading the joy of baking. Founded in 1790, we've been committed to providing the highest-quality flour and ingredients for over 225 years.
Flour this good is the result of attention to detail, consistency in milling, and our desire to ensure that you have the very best baking experience possible, every time.
- Made from 100% American-grown wheat
- The choice of professional bakers
- The home baker's best friend
- Never bleached, never bromated
Non-GMO Project Verified*
We use only the purest ingredients, free from GMOs. That's food you can feel good about.
*Certification ID #67706, issued 7/31/17
Committed to Quality
King Arthur Baking Company is 100% committed to quality, resulting in consistent baking performance and superior taste, every time.
The best baking starts all the way back in the fields. We take pride in responsible sourcing and supporting sustainable agriculture to protect our planet.
Certified B Corp*
As a founding B Corp member, we are committed to using the power of business as a force for social and environmental good.
*Certification ID #67725, issued 11/30/17
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients to form a shaggy dough. Knead the dough, by hand (10 minutes) or mixer (5 minutes) until it's soft and smooth.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover, and allow it to rise for 1 hour; it'll become quite puffy, though it may not double in bulk.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled surface, and shape it into a log. Place the log in a lightly greased 9" x 5" loaf pan, and tent the pan with lightly greased plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until it's crested 1" to 2" over the rim of the pan.
- Bake the bread in a preheated 350°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until it's golden brown. If the bread appears to be browning too quickly, tent it with aluminum foil for the final 10 minutes of baking. When done, a digital thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf will register 190°F.
- Remove the bread from the oven and turn it out of the pan onto a rack to cool. Cool completely before slicing.
- 3 cups (361g) King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 cup (99g) rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
- 2 tablespoons (28g) butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast or 1 packet active dry yeast*
- 1 1/4 cups (283g) lukewarm milk
|King Arthur Baking Company Unbleached All-Purpose Flour||King Arthur Baking Company Unbleached Bread Flour||King Arthur Baking Company White Whole Wheat Flour||King Arthur Baking Company Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour||King Arthur Baking Company Unbleached Self-Rising Flour||King Arthur Baking Company Unbleached Cake Flour|
|Versatile - works in all kinds of baking, yielding exceptional results||The secret to loaf mastery: Our higher gluten bread flour is extra-high in protein, giving strength and rise to your breads||So light, you’ll forget it’s whole wheat. All the nutrition and goodness of whole grains in a lighter, milder-tasting flour.||Eating well should taste good. Whole wheat imparts deep flavor along with the nutrition and fiber of whole grains. Win-win||This unbleached blend of soft wheat flour and baking powder, with a touch of salt, yields ethereally light and tender baked goods||Dessert, perfected. Our unbleached flour creates cakes with a medium-fine texture and a moist, flavorful crumb|
|Milled to strict specifications||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Delivers consistent results||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|100% American-grown wheat||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Non-GMO Project Verified*||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
'UNBLEACHED ENRICHED HARD SPRING WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN (VITAMIN B3), REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID).'
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By G👀T on July 25, 2015
By sandy on June 26, 2016
However, no one knows this but you people reading my reviews, and no one needs to spoil my little secret, capiche?
It mixes well, kneads very well and is so workable it is a pleasure to cook for others. The taste is well above the common store brands.
Amzn ships it nicely in an over-wrapped plastic bag so it doesn't make you look as though you just ate a dozen powdered donuts when you receive it.
Consistent quality. You can't get better than that.
You can go to their website to at:
kingarthur.com and see other great items that they offer. You can call them as well. They are very nice and helpful too. I found the King Arthur Bread Flour on Amazon as a fluke. I've never shopped for food items here. The price for the flour at the grocery stores had shot up to almost
$7 a 5 lb. bag! That is when I tried Amazon. I found it here for then at $3.99 a bag! I bought 10 bags! Very Very happy with my purchase!
UPDATE: As of today, March 17, 2020, I'm still using my King Arthur flour with Great success. Love, love this flour and other baking goods!
By Dulcinea16 on October 12, 2016
By Osiricat on February 5, 2019
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.