Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 10, 2016
Yes, we've all heard the story of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, but I doubt you've seen it told like this! When Arthur and the knights go missing, Merlin has to search across time and space for temporary replacements. Ultimately, he chooses an American football team, of all things, as substitute champions. Armed with the magic weapons and armor of their counterparts, they will lead the fight for justice against the armies of Morgan le Fay and the traitorous knight Sir Mordred, as well as searching for the twelve magic keys that will free their counterparts and send them home.

Most of you have never heard of this series, and that's a great pity. There are a few reasons why it's so obscure. First, the market for Saturday morning cartoons in the late 1980's and early 90's was over-saturated with material, and the hidden gems (like this one) were simply lost in the shuffle. Second, Cable TV wasn't as well distributed in 1992 as it is now. Most networks were still local, and, if they picked a show up at all, they would usually show only one or two episodes to see how well the public reacted, then pull the plug.

This series deservedly belongs in any animation lover's (Western or otherwise) library. The animation is crisp and well-made, the voice acting and music is top-notch ( particularly the kick-@$$ intro theme), and the writing is believable. Also included on the DVD is the rarely seen second season, which never aired in the US. Now, mount up, knights! There's a day to save!
4 people found this helpful
on May 14, 2010
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice takes place entirely in Medieval times, despite the heroes being football players from the future. Gladly, they're down to earth and eager to help those in danger. The animation is great for a Saturday cartoon, the quality of picture very good, and the series is very long and well worth the low price.

It's an entertaining show, but if you're looking for deep storylines, you might not find it here, though you will find plenty of action in each episode, whether on horseback or on foot, there's plenty of sword clashing throughout the entire series. The armored Knight costumes are well designed, with plenty of variety whether on the side of good fighting for Camelot, or evil, fighting for Morgana. Merlin is the guide, and he uses his magic to help them find the lost keys, to help them get back to their world (Think Dungeons and Dragons). There's also dragons, animals and monsters that make appearances.

Overall, great show on DVD thanks to IMAGE, just needed a bit more plot to earn a 5. Three DVD's each with about 8 episodes each, for about 27 total, each about 24 minutes or so. Recommended. Series was made 1993, but definitely has an 80's feel to it (a good thing).
33 people found this helpful
on May 27, 2015
When I was younger I used to watch this cartoon all the time and any time I could catch it. Now my son can enjoy it the same way. The only issue I have is that due to the fact that it's an old cartoon and on DVD the quality is not all that well. It's like watching it all over on a tube tv. Other than that I'm glad and happy to ad it to my collection.
2 people found this helpful
on June 22, 2012
This is it the complete series of king arthur and the knights of justice. Used to air in the 90s as a sunday morning cartoon. Something about the sunday morning cartoons were great. under rated and relatively unknown compare to sat morn ones. This one has all the action and magic and team work you'd expect from the 80s and 90s style of toy based animated shows. Although I don't believe the toy line did very well there is a fan base for this show. If your like me and got excited when this appered on netflix then sad when they removed it you'll want to pick this up. Good show for any age boy or girl although no strong female roles here, this is based on a football team going back in time so it's pretty male dominated action. There is a nice princess in distress
character though but she gets no super suit or transforming sequence.
on March 5, 2016
Loved King Arthur and the Knights of Justice back when I was a kid...
Adding it to my collection and rewatching the series, it was nostalgic.
My only two problems was the fact a) you could tell quality differences between the original "season" vs the following; the original was smoother, in my opinion. b) the series was cut short of it's expected life, considering the sort of story they had going. You never get to see what becomes of the boys who take part in the great legend, or what happens to the actual King Arthur...
Those two points aside...great and wonderful to add to a collection.
One person found this helpful
on June 21, 2016
I'm honestly not sure if this is an officially licensed product due to the quality of the packaging (*poor* cover print quality) and what seems to be a set of DVD-/+R discs (at least that's what it looks like when I see the purple/pink coloured discs that have been used). They play fine and the video/audio quality is good enough, but the aforementioned "issues" left me quite disappointed.
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 29, 2010
The actual series is incomplete, which a disappointment because its such a good cartoon! I think it's one of the best cartoon that mixes action and story evenly and appropriately. I feel like cartoons of this quality are not made anymore. Since its an older cartoon, the graphics aren't perfect but I never noticed as child. The imperfections aren't a big deal to me because the overall quality of the series trumped that.

I had the hardest time receiving my order and the DVD box was a little bit damage. I didn't want to send it back for a good copy because I was afraid I'd never see it again. Another buyer of this product got their DVD in perfect condition and in a timely manner. So I have no idea what happened to mine?

I completely recommend it to anyone since its a really good price!
3 people found this helpful
on August 5, 2017
its a pretty good kids show :)
on December 8, 2015
This show never got a real end to it. The Teens never get to go home there's a Lot we don't know. This needed more Seasons.
One person found this helpful
on January 4, 2016
I watched this show when I was in kindergarten I even wrote my very first report when I was in grade school on this cartoon. It was a cool show then now it's just cheesy but the intro music is still cool.