King Japanese Nagura Stone #8000
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Used as one of the popular accessories for finer sharpening stones
- This product is the only genuine nagura stone manufactured and sold by King.
- They develop a high-quality slurry and also serve to flatten high spots on the surface of sharpener
- After dripping water to the whetstone, rub the Nagura (which contains the abrasive).
- Then a good slurry develops and it speeds up the polishing. Size: 2.8" L x 0.8" W x 0.9" H
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Nagura is a soft ultra-fine stone that is used to create an abrasive slurry on the surface of the Japanese waterstone which speeds up grinding and polishes the edge at the same time. Comes in a shape of a small rectangular bar, 2.75"x0.9"x0.7". Weight 2 oz.
Top customer reviews
After every session with the whetstones, I take the nagura to the #6000 side to clean off excess metal residue and gently level the surface. It's not necessary to do this after every use, but I've found it makes it much easier to do a light leveling each time rather than waiting for an indention to form and having to blend it out later.
First-timers, pay attention! This is NOT a full-size stone and isn't meant for sharpening/honing blades. The nagura is a little larger than a kneaded rubber eraser and is intended for maintaining your full-size whetstones. Also, despite the listing, this is not an #8000 grit stone; it's a porous #600-#800 grit. Just make sure you know what you're buying here.
King makes great water stones and this nagura is no exception. 5 well-deserved stars.
Most recent customer reviews
Also for all those think this stone is too small to sharp....Read more