Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 136 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 241 reviews
on August 25, 2016
Like I say about all Shakespeare: the Arden versions are my favorite. I own about a third of the Canon in them already. The footnotes are my favorite parts about it, and they're great because I don't have to carry my Lexicon around everywhere.
King Lear is a brilliant play, all around. Between the family ties, the love and lust, and just the crazy existential dialogue, it's just a great read all-around.
on January 14, 2016
I'm a fan of the layout of Folger Shakespeare Library. The covers are also beautiful, but the play on the right, explanation of archaic terms on the left style is very helpful to the reader and makes getting into Shakespeare much easier.

King Lear is a great tragedy. It is very enjoyable.
on July 28, 2017
This 'interpretation' alongside the original makes for much easier reading, while making the original so readily available also gives one the 'texture' of how the original felt. There is so much meaning and so much feeling contained in this play that the interpretation is essential unless one is able to interpret all the old English terms by oneself. So, I will certainly purchase further editions by this author's interpretations for more appreciation of the many plays of Shakespeare.
on November 28, 2015
Every time I read this or watch this perform I feel changed. This edition is small, beautiful, and great. I have many of the plays in this edition, though truly the play is what makes me rate this so high. An exploration of madness, family, old age, and so much more. Read it and weep.
on July 20, 2017
Was an AP English summer reading assignment. Read the Sparknotes after. Not my typical choice of text, but it is a classic
on June 22, 2017
This is a welcome addition to my growing Folger library at home. Thank you!
on April 14, 2017
Every time I re-read Lear I'm amazed at just how much pain and sorrow we must endure in life. This Folger Library edition makes the language easily comprehensible. One can read straight through without difficulty, which restores the tension and flow to the action.
on December 4, 2016
Excellent collection of essays that enable students to consider the play in its historical context.
on March 28, 2017
Good intro to Skakespeare. Interesting and easy enough to understand.
on March 25, 2017
This is a fantastic edition of King Lear. The introductory material is invaluable, and the notes are thorough and helpful.