Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 480 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 576 reviews
on April 6, 2017
My game came as described new in box. Shipping was very fast. Kingdom Hearts is a game with an enduring storyline and whimsical graphics. The presentation is always top notch and Dream Drop Distance does not disappoint. The new moves are very impressive that you can pull off in this action RPG. Music is also a staple of the Kingdom Heart Series and this version might very well be the best ever for the series. Any fan of action RPG's will love this game. To me it's not quite as good as a Zelda action RPG but it holds its own as an excellent experience.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2016
Totally in LOVE with the graphics. It was kinda hard getting used to the Flowmotion actions and moves but once I did, I use them all of the time now. I don't really like the random searching for the treasure chests that are hidden in each area. If you are suppose to find all the chests in each area, then at least show how many are in each area instead of wandering about the area hopelessly lost and not even sure you got all of them in that area! Also, if you haven't at least played one of the games in the series then you might be a little lost about whats going on at first but there will be hints and such sprinkled throughout the game and explainations in the glossary. I didn't get the reasoning for the DROP mechanic. I mean, just make where you can play as Sora or as Riku. Trying to play as both at the same time is confusing. You're playing as Sora on minute and making progress and then all of a sudden Sora "falls asleep" and you're now playing as Riku from the last spot he also "fell asleep", completely throwing off the progress and flow you've made previously. It wasn't easy for me to switch gears so quickly. Even so, the game is enjoyable and I would recommend it to others.
on June 23, 2016
This game did not disappoint! It arrived on time, well packaged and I immediately opened it and started playing it. The graphics were great, the story line was wonderful and it's an easy game to follow along with. I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and I 100% recommend this for any other fan or any parent buying a younger one a game for a DS. It's not inappropriate or too difficult and would be great for kids that have prior video game experience.
on May 2, 2017
Just a big kid at heart. love kingdom hearts.
on March 14, 2016
Great game I have played it multiple times since I have received it and it shipped quick. If you are looking for a new game to played or are looking for something compatible with the c-stick you should purchase this game. It was also a very low price on amazon.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on April 2, 2013
I've been playing this for just under a month (on and off), but I immediately fell back in love with the Kingdom Hearts series. Definitely one of the titles every 3DS owner should get, especially if you're a KH fan. I have to admit, the story threw me for a bit of a loop at the beginning as you're basically thrown back into the first game, but as you progress it gets much better I believe. As said in other reviews, this is the perfect game to setup for Kingdom Hearts 3.

The deck system still takes some getting used to if you never played the other DS games, but for the most part you can use the hack-and-slash from the original game more often than not. Now the new addition is the flow motion action where you can run into a wall, then bounce off or swing from a light post into a flying motion reminiscent of Sora's other forms in KH2.

My favorite part has been the added pet system. I know some people don't like or get why they added such an odd side tracking portion to the game, but honestly I don't miss Donald and Goofy much. Where only their weapons could be changed, the little dream eaters add a lot of customization to the game.

After playing this, I really can't wait until the next big portion of the game series finally comes out.
on February 10, 2015
I'm a huge KH fan, but I'm not so blind as to say every KH is an automatically an amazing game (CoM comes to mind... and I wasn't too big of fan of 358/2 days).

This is a great addition to the series in my opinion though and well worth the price it is going for now. Very solid combat and nice skill system through your Dream eater pets/combat partners. Building up the pets can be a little tedious but unlike companions in other KH games they heavily influence the outcome of battles,especially later game ones, instead of dying 5 seconds into every fight (Sorry Donald and Goofy, but you need to step up your game :P)

The storyline holds a lot more importance in the series than I thought it would going into it and it sets up the story for what's to come in KH3 very nicely. There are a lot of questions answered in this game, but like pretty much any KH game each one of the answers brings up a 5 more questions :P.

Overall, really love the game and am looking forward to replaying it in Critical Mode when I pick up the new 3DSXL this Friday and having that second "control stick" on the right for camera movement.
on June 17, 2014
This is my first 3DS game I actually enjoyed, even though I bought other highly acclaimed 3DS games. I really wanted to play a kingdom hearts game, and I'm glad I started with this title. My biggest complain is that, in order to get new powers and get stronger, you have to frequently pause the game to play some kind of pet simulator and some minigames to make your companions give you your powers. I though that aspect broke the whole fast-paced combat action of the game. although the story is confusing, this is one of the few games I have had a lot of fun in recent years due to combat alone (and I'm impressed in how much powers, abilities, and combat animations Square Enix packed in this title). If you are looking for an exhilarating sword fighting role playing game, I reccommend it, but expect pausing the game a lot between combat to do some tedious pet simulator minigames.
on March 4, 2017
Had a lot of fun playing this. Had to pick it up because I'm a huge kh fan but its also great for any casual gamer.. Its combat system is smooth and the dream eater are a wonderful addition to the series. Highly recommend to anyone who owns a 3DS.
on August 27, 2013
As with every (almost every) other Kingdom Hearts game, this one has not disappointed. The gameplay is smooth, the plot is interesting, and the characters (while not Final Fantasy now, but The World Ends with You characters) and their own personal stories are intriguing.

To start with the very beginning: the opening. Kingdom Hearts openings have always been amazing. I still remember Kingdom Hearts II's opening vividly (II has always been my favourite). DDD's opening is brilliant. It follows the characters straight back from the very beginning of the KH franchise, up until DDD. With the addition of the 3D feature, the opening is truly spectacular.

Now, the new things about this game: Flowmotion, for one. The game practically starts with the player learning how to use Flowmotion. I was wary about it- the scene with Neku using Flowmotion to bound off of buildings made me fear it would be a difficult button mashing scenario- but it is so easy to use and very beneficial. You can use it to get around the landscapes more efficiently and you can use it for battles. Definitely an added bonus.

Now, the Spirits and Nightmares. I love the Spirits. These are Heartless as we know them turned good, basically. From recipies that you collect, you create whatever Spirits you'd like. They fight with Sora or Riku throughout the game and are the points of levelling up and creating more abilities/defences/strengths for your character. You can play games with the Spirits to increased their level, their ability link, or their heart points. You can feed them to accomplish the same effects as well. The Nightmares are Heartless. Typical run of the mill fighting is used to defeat these, with some special exceptions for some of the boss battles.

The worlds. All of the worlds are less mainstream than what KH fans are used to seeing. Traverse Town remains as a constant. Then you have The Grid, from Tron (also somewhat familiar), La Cite Des Cloches from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Prankster's Paradise/Monstro from Pinocchio. Symphony of Sounds from Fantasia, and an appearance into the world of The Three Musketeers. (This is as far as I am in the game now. Final world is unknown to me.)

Dropping is by far the most annoying part of the game. It isn't bad, once you get used to it, but would I have liked it better if there wasn't dropping? Yeah. Basically, the game's split in two pieces: Riku's Story and Sora's Story. You adventure as one or the other, respectively, playing out certain storylines in each world. Essentially, you have a time limit- called the Drop Gauge- on each character and when it runs out, you switch over to the other character. It can get highly irritating, but you can get a slower Drop Time through collecting droplets to trade in.

Asides from the dropping, this game is spectacular. There's back story to characters that we have never had the chance to witness. There's pleasant reminders from the older games. I am happy that I bought this game and any fan of Kingdom Hearts should be a fan of this game as well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.