Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on April 6, 2017
My game came as described new in box. Shipping was very fast. Kingdom Hearts is a game with an enduring storyline and whimsical graphics. The presentation is always top notch and Dream Drop Distance does not disappoint. The new moves are very impressive that you can pull off in this action RPG. Music is also a staple of the Kingdom Heart Series and this version might very well be the best ever for the series. Any fan of action RPG's will love this game. To me it's not quite as good as a Zelda action RPG but it holds its own as an excellent experience.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 8, 2015
I can not even begin to tell you how much of a great game this was. I am a long time fan of this series, and this game is spot on. What's really nice with Dream Drop Distance is that you don't necessarily need to play all the other game to understand whats going on; although I highly recommend reading or watching what happened in the past games.

I was pleasantly surprised of the amount of quality content for a 3DS game. It was especially enjoyable playing with the 3D on, which is a hundred times better using the "New 3ds XL" If you have a circle pad pro, your in luck, this game supports it.

By the time you done with the game, you going to want more; thankfully, Kingdom Hearts 3 should be released around the end of 2015 in the US.
on May 20, 2016
Totally in LOVE with the graphics. It was kinda hard getting used to the Flowmotion actions and moves but once I did, I use them all of the time now. I don't really like the random searching for the treasure chests that are hidden in each area. If you are suppose to find all the chests in each area, then at least show how many are in each area instead of wandering about the area hopelessly lost and not even sure you got all of them in that area! Also, if you haven't at least played one of the games in the series then you might be a little lost about whats going on at first but there will be hints and such sprinkled throughout the game and explainations in the glossary. I didn't get the reasoning for the DROP mechanic. I mean, just make where you can play as Sora or as Riku. Trying to play as both at the same time is confusing. You're playing as Sora on minute and making progress and then all of a sudden Sora "falls asleep" and you're now playing as Riku from the last spot he also "fell asleep", completely throwing off the progress and flow you've made previously. It wasn't easy for me to switch gears so quickly. Even so, the game is enjoyable and I would recommend it to others.
on June 23, 2016
This game did not disappoint! It arrived on time, well packaged and I immediately opened it and started playing it. The graphics were great, the story line was wonderful and it's an easy game to follow along with. I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and I 100% recommend this for any other fan or any parent buying a younger one a game for a DS. It's not inappropriate or too difficult and would be great for kids that have prior video game experience.
on January 20, 2018
Fun but different. I love the Kingdom Hearts games and have played several this is my 1st DS one. It’s very DS game right now with how you care for the Spirits being similar to how you care for Pokémon in Pokémon Sun & Moon. I’m not fond of the whole time limit thing and then you switch from Riku to Sora (& vice versa) and from level to level.
on August 16, 2012
As someone who loves the KH universe, but hates handhelds (I always buy the KH handheld games but I end up watching the cutscenes on youtube), this one blew me away.

Very fun, and very challenging. I just beat it on Proud Mode at 32 hours in (avoided all side things and did very little level grinding - no special keyblades, no side games, very few portals completed etc.) I expect I'll be running through again on critical mode and go for a more completed file, just to see everything that I missed. This game has a lot of content on it, but a lot of it is optional.

There isn't a lot of story until the very end, but it absolutely makes up for it all the way through. The gameplay is just -fun- (honestly, moreso than KH2), and when you get to the last world, and everything you knew about all prior KH games comes together - you will not be disappointed! Also, expect a fun challenge if you step up to Proud mode and above. Lastly, don't play this without knowledge of most of the games. At the very least, KH1 & II, and try to get through Birth By Sleep so you know who those guys are.

In the end, I just wish I could have enjoyed this game on a big tv. I am not a fan of the 3DS (the 3d feature is terrible. many people will tell you this game is better at it than most, but I still couldn't tolerate it. however, I won't fault the game for bad hardware.), but I still had a good time. All worth it.
on May 2, 2017
Just a big kid at heart. love kingdom hearts.
on March 14, 2016
Great game I have played it multiple times since I have received it and it shipped quick. If you are looking for a new game to played or are looking for something compatible with the c-stick you should purchase this game. It was also a very low price on amazon.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on April 2, 2013
I've been playing this for just under a month (on and off), but I immediately fell back in love with the Kingdom Hearts series. Definitely one of the titles every 3DS owner should get, especially if you're a KH fan. I have to admit, the story threw me for a bit of a loop at the beginning as you're basically thrown back into the first game, but as you progress it gets much better I believe. As said in other reviews, this is the perfect game to setup for Kingdom Hearts 3.

The deck system still takes some getting used to if you never played the other DS games, but for the most part you can use the hack-and-slash from the original game more often than not. Now the new addition is the flow motion action where you can run into a wall, then bounce off or swing from a light post into a flying motion reminiscent of Sora's other forms in KH2.

My favorite part has been the added pet system. I know some people don't like or get why they added such an odd side tracking portion to the game, but honestly I don't miss Donald and Goofy much. Where only their weapons could be changed, the little dream eaters add a lot of customization to the game.

After playing this, I really can't wait until the next big portion of the game series finally comes out.
on February 10, 2015
I'm a huge KH fan, but I'm not so blind as to say every KH is an automatically an amazing game (CoM comes to mind... and I wasn't too big of fan of 358/2 days).

This is a great addition to the series in my opinion though and well worth the price it is going for now. Very solid combat and nice skill system through your Dream eater pets/combat partners. Building up the pets can be a little tedious but unlike companions in other KH games they heavily influence the outcome of battles,especially later game ones, instead of dying 5 seconds into every fight (Sorry Donald and Goofy, but you need to step up your game :P)

The storyline holds a lot more importance in the series than I thought it would going into it and it sets up the story for what's to come in KH3 very nicely. There are a lot of questions answered in this game, but like pretty much any KH game each one of the answers brings up a 5 more questions :P.

Overall, really love the game and am looking forward to replaying it in Critical Mode when I pick up the new 3DSXL this Friday and having that second "control stick" on the right for camera movement.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.