Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 119 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on August 16, 2012
If you love Kingdom Hearts, then you'll enjoy this game. There are some nice cut scenes and a good ending video.

Is it as good as Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2? No. Not even close. The graphics and tiny screen make this so. The story line isn't that great, but, again, if you're a fan of the series then you're going to want to play anyway.

You revisit worlds from the first Kingdom Hearts with a nearly identical map. As the whole premise is about computer glitches and coding, each final battle is different than normal game play due to "computer problems" and "destroying bugs". Currently, I'm half-way through. I'm not desperate to play like I was for the Playstation 2 games, but I find myself still enjoying it enough to be worth the twenty dollars I spent. If you can borrow it or get it cheap, I'd recommend that. Unless you enjoy collecting the games, don't pay full price, because it's probably a game you'll only want to play once.

I gave it 3/5 stars for "fun" and "overall rating" because even though I am enjoying it, it no way compares to the brilliance of KH 1 & 2, or Birth by Sleep for that matter. After this I hope to play 358/2 and Dream Drop, so I can only hope they improve from this game. But like I said, a Kingdom Hearts fan will want to play anyway.

Amazon shipped it quickly, and my game arrived damage free. :-)
on June 2, 2016
Love the kingdom hearts franchise it's my all time favorite video game, and I'm happy to play some of the 3ds games, just wish I didn't have to buy a separate console to be able to enjoy all the games and story. Non the less I love them they are one of kind, it's different ways of game play is interesting but keeps it fresh, a must for kingdom hearts fans!
on September 30, 2016
I would give this zero stars if I could I would give this zero stars if I could. This game is in embarrassment to the kingdom hearts franchise. The writing is cringy, The graphics are pure vomit, The audio left me bleeding from my ears, and the gameplay and storyline make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Overall, one of the worst games I have ever come into contact with.
on April 6, 2015
Got this for my sons 6th bday he loves mickey mouse so got this for him. It doesnt come in case but wasnt a big deal cause he keeps all his games in the ds case anyways! It works good like promised no problems fast shipping. Very pleased with my purchase
on November 7, 2013
I have yet to finish this game, but I'm finding it to be so much fun. Sometimes it goes old school, side-scroller, which I find challenging because I'm not use to it; but that was what makes it fun. The fact it doesn't always stick to the traditional way how the other Kingdom Hearts games play. I've first heard about this game several years ago, that it came out as a Japanese cell-phone game, and yeah, it's evident even in the DS version that this once was a cell-phone game in some parts, but still awesome. I bought it because I've heard that there are secrets in it that hint about Terra, Ventus, and Aqua from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, which is my most favorite game in the entire Kingdom Hearts series. However, since I have not finished it yet, I'm not sure how true that is yet. One part that made me laugh was the Coliseum level where you team up with Hercules and Cloud, you fight heartless in Final Fantasy style a.k.a turn-based, which I thought was genius! Over all, it feels very different from the other KH games, which I feel is very refreshing.
on April 8, 2015
This is the first Kingdom Hearts game I have played. I was a little let down by this title. A lot of things felt repetitive and button smashing was sometimes involved when fighting a lot of heartless at a time. I did enjoy when the game would go into 2D fighting and when Goofy and Donald finally join your team. If you're a fan of the series I would get it, but if you're like me there's better games to invest your time in.
on January 13, 2013
The story for this game takes place after Kingdom Hearts 2 where Mickey is trying to piece together the first journal and find out what happened during the events of the first game, since in Kingdom Hearts Chain of memories, Naminé basically re-wrote Sora's memories and cleared the journal.

What happens is that a virtual version of Sora from the data in the book is who King Mickey gets in contact with to find out what happens in the book as they try to unravel the mysteries about what happened. This feels a bit wonkey to me and is a poor idea in my eyes to try to get the journal back to its original condition. The game itself is fun to play, but the story feels a bit off. If you are a Kingdom Hearts fan then I'm sure you'll get this game for the story as I did. But if you are just someone who is not familiar with the story then you will be just lost.
on April 17, 2012
Kingdom Hearts is a staple on my gaming portfolio. I have played all of the KH games various amount of times and after all that playing, this is probably the second disappointment of the franchise just ahead of Chain of Memories. This game is set after KH II, which makes this the latest entrant in the series chronologically. It has an original story, but it is one that does not hold that KH brand kind of power. The game play is somewhat the same from other titles except each world you go to must be played differently than the last. Not really captivating, it does not have any real memorable moments except when it explains the letter Sora, Riku, and Kairi receive at the end of KH II. The graphics are okay but not better than any of the other instalments. This is a game that is made to a starving fan base for the next game and not meeting expectations (*cough* KH III *cough*)

Pro:
+ Different Kingdom Hearts

Con:
- Not all that good as a whole

Looking at the big picture, die KH fans should get this, but any others out would best spend their money elsewhere.
on March 13, 2014
I didn't know what to expect from Re:Coded since there were new platform styles. But it was a refreshing experience. A bit frustrating at times, but interesting. Oh gosh, the challenge modes! D= I was yelling at them SO much XD But it was fun X3 And the storyline had me curious. It was like re-experiencing the first KH but in a new way =) Just... I don't know what words to use to describe it, but I enjoyed it thoroughly~ =3
on March 9, 2015
The original Kingdom Hearts game retold with changes. There's a bug in the diary Jimminy Cricket wrote and events have been erased and things changed. Plays with different battle styles on the different worlds, which is interesting.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.