Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 9, 2014
My mom downloaded this game on her XBOX 360 and loved it so I had to try it out, 9 hours of play later at her house, I had to get it. (My teenage boys kept saying "Mom, when are we going home?", I kept saying "Just one more mission!") It reminds me of Fable, which I played time and time again and never got bored of it, sadly my XBOX went to Gamer's Heaven last year and I have not gotten another one.

I have been playing this on my computer for several hours a week since I got it. After checking compatibility I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to play it on my Windows 8.1 computer as 8 was not listed. My graphics card was not quite high enough either but the game plays great regardless. I don't see any lag or jumping during play or cinematic scenes. It is a little harder to play on the computer if your not used to playing with a keyboard/mouse setup. I played it that way for two days, then I hooked up the handy dandy gaming controller and with that help of a program to assign the keys, my controller is setup like the XBOX, much easier for me to play since I have never been a fan of keyboard play.

The flow of the game is pretty good, there are some things that take a bit to catch on to but once you figure them out you'll be good to go. (Once I figured out the tricks and inner workings I started a new game :D) The other thing I like about this game; if you don't like where your character is headed, you can visit the Fateweaver and reset your stats and rebuild your character without starting a new game. I would also suggest looking through Walkthroughs for extra tips and tricks to help you along your way. You can get in over your head on some of the side tasks/quests if your level/s in certain areas are not high enough so be wary of that. Which is why I would also suggest staying in one area and doing all the side tasks/quests in that area to help you build up your experience points and level up before moving on to the next step of your main quest that takes you out of that area.

The only negative thing I can say is that some of the interaction with characters gets long winded which makes it tempting to skip through the conversation, but if you do that you might miss information you need to complete the task and the relevant information sometimes isn't anywhere in your items for you to look back at which leaves you trying to find the person again or just hoping you pick the right answer/order. Most of the time though your answer will be in a journal or scroll you picked up or listed in the description in your quest log. That being said, that is minor to me and not negative enough for me to lower the star level, just one of those things that I will do differently with a different character when I start over; which I will definitely do after I have reached the end.
on June 27, 2014
My son liked it so much, watching me play, I bought a 2nd copy for his PC. A bit on the too-easy side but some battles require a lot of strategy at lower statuses, or else reloading after dying. There's lots of crafting guides on the web - just search for "amalur gems" or "amalur blacksmithing", plus locations of trainers and skill books.

Best strategy I found was to try and visit all the skill trainers scattered across the land, earning just enough loot to pay their fees, and save the skill books until the middle or later in the game. There are some areas you cannot reach (Ysa for one) until you complete several of the main quests, so you should concentrate on doing them early if you want to max out your skills. Ysa alone has 4-5 trainers, Rathir 4 or so, etc.

Finally, save your game whenever you enter a new area, not just quick-save. I failed a quest when the NPC I was questing with died during a battle, and I found out my last save was from 2 days prior, which meant a lot of repetition if I wanted to succeed in the quest.
on May 22, 2014
I think the game has been underrated. Graphics are excellent, I really like the combat, storyline is interesting. However, being a recovering Skyrim player, I find 'Kingdoms' to be a bit 'linear'. Character development is not deep. Random encounters can be a bit redundant.

If you like 'first person', it can be frustrating. I'm getting used to 'over the shoulder' view.

Overall, for the money, a fun game that can grow on you. I will probably buy an expansion at some point.
on September 17, 2015
mod it with sweetFX for better graphics.once done you are good to go as the story, visuals as well as audio is very good in this game. hence as a third person RPG you cannot get disappointed with this game. this game is getting repeatedly soled out for for less than 5$ every year in other DRM systems as well. so get it cheap and enjoy if you like RPG games.
on February 7, 2015
Bought the game key for a boxed set that the key didn't work in and the key I got from amazon didn't work either so I can't give the service more then 1 star have the game on ps3 and love it but on the pic I have spent about 40 dollars in total for a game I can't use
on June 2, 2014
Great single player RPG, huge world, many side quests, progresses at a good pace. Main quest is linear, but so many side quests as you explore the world it does not seem linear. I bought this about 45 days ago.I explored about 50% - 60% of the world. I probably have been playing it for > 100 hours. For $20 it is a great value. I would give it the same review even at the full price.
on October 27, 2014
I bought this for very cheap during the promotional pricing and wasn't really expecting much but it turned out to be very fun! It's easy enough to figure out, and the combat is really fun. I actually took a pretty long break from Skyrim to play this one, Awesome Game!
on March 26, 2014
I got this game on sale in hopes it would be a good time killer until some other games came out.

Graphically, the game looks great. I like the aesthetics of the world they developed and it runs smooth on my mid-level PC. Plenty of options for different play styles, a story with a rich background if you want to lose yourself in the history of the world. Decent combat.

So why 2 stars? I got bored to tears. The side missions are all very similar - fetch this, hunt this down, kill this bad guy, etc. And if you don't want to do these missions, you just say "No thanks!" and continue on the main quest - no penalties, no loss of chance to do them (you can just go back and start the conversation again). You don't really LIVE in the world, you just are passing by, as if your actions don't have any impact. The main quest wasn't anything spectacular - just enough to move you from point A to point B.

Some people may love this game and I don't blame them; it just wasn't for me.
on January 3, 2015
Great game, really awesome gameplay. Controls are a little off, but it's one of the best games I have late recently.
on March 19, 2014
Awsome game. Steam code is a plus, I am not a big origin fan and for this EA title to be available on steam I jumped on this when on sale.
Plays almost like Fable only better.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question