Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Kingfisher Illustrated Horse and Pony Encyclopedia
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 28, 2014
I bought this book for a gift for a friend's son. He absolutely loved it. The pictures and explanation of different horses, gaits, training and more were awesome. I almost kept it for myself. Knowing he loved as much as I did and we are 38 years apart in age tells you its a good book for everyone.
on January 10, 2015
I bought this for my 7-year-old niece. I shall never (I hope I shall never) forget her look of complete, total delight as she paged through it on her Mama's lap, on Christmas day. She takes it with her to school EVERY day! I did well--I bought the best horse book for this child who dreams of the day she can have her own horse. This book gave a special child in my life, a real joy--it gave me a treasure!!
on March 20, 2013
It was a good reference book, however, I feel that there was not quite enough effort spent on the breeds. There are so many more than are listed in the book. Also,the exercises and equipment seemed to be geared more towards English riders than Western.
on January 31, 2013
Got this for my 8 year old daughter, who LOVES horses, for Christmas. It is a wonderful book with a lot of information. My son has a Kingfisher Encyclopedia for his favorite sport, so I knew what kind of product this would be. It certainly did not disappoint!!! It's not really for younger children though, I think it's better for kids that can at least read fairly well independently.
on October 6, 2015
I was surprised with the number and quality of the topics covered, and the many pictures. Scanning it before giving it as a gift, I realized that I actually know very little about horses and their world - much less than I imagined!
on December 14, 2015
what a fantastic book to add to the little girl's shelf especially if she loves ponies and loves to read. this is a gift and I'm excited to wrap it up and offer it. excellent piece of literature/information.
on January 31, 2014
I got a chance to read through this book before I gave it to my 13 year old niece. She is not a particularly avid reader, but she loves horses. This book gives her a chance to learn all about them. I loved the glossy dust cover. The cover art is high quality. This book could serve as a coffee table piece.
on January 31, 2013
This is a thorough encyclopedia on horses! I got it for my grade school grandaughter for Christmas in 2012. She "adores" this book! Who knows? This very book might be responsible for her becoming an accomplished horse woman!
on April 23, 2014
I gave it to our great niece who loves horses. She looks at it constantly. It's a very nice book and can be enjoyed by horse lovers of all ages.
on March 6, 2013
I got this for my 13 year old. She loves it. Beautiful, vibrant pictures of different breads. I'm not a horse expert but my daughter is very happy with this and keeps it at her bedside. I would purchase again.