- File Size: 362 KB
- Print Length: 124 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Ian Wilson; 1 edition (April 15, 2015)
- Publication Date: April 15, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00W7NLK5W
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #24,128 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
Save $2.99 (100%)
The King's Puzzle, Book 1 of 6: An Angus Wolfe adventure (Angus Wolfe Adventures - The King's Puzzle) Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Angus Wolfe, known as “Wolfie” to those closest, and his long-time friend Amanda are searching for the answers to a family mystery that no one else can solve: It involves a train, a king, and a puzzle!
Back in 1939, Angus’s grandfather, then ten-years-old, created a treasure hunt for King George VI to solve while touring Canada aboard the Royal Train. His grandfather kept the answer to the puzzle a secret from everyone, agreeing to meet the king at the train stop with its answer. But when King George VI arrives, the ten-year-old is not there to meet the train. The answer to the puzzle is the crux of this wonderful mystery!
Angus and Amanda have been friends for a long time, but it seems Amanda has more-than-friends notions on her mind. However, Angus is so focused on the mystery surrounding the king and his Royal Train that it takes a while for him to realize Amanda’s admiration for him goes a bit further than solving puzzles. Once the two discover their mutual attraction, a stronger bond forms and the search to solve the puzzle grows even stronger for Amanda.
These two smart sixteen-year-olds have charming interactions throughout the story, but an unexpected twist adds an additional element I wasn’t expecting. An older woman, one hoping to solve the mystery of the King’s Puzzle herself, shows a flirty interest in young Angus. I am confident that in future volumes of this series, Amanda will find a way to keep Angus’s attention focused elsewhere.
Written beautifully, this book has a plot worth following. It is an innocent romance, so younger YA readers, as well as older than YA, will find it a good, suspenseful read.
If you love a good, clean mystery with historical elements, you’ll enjoy The King’s Puzzle!
originally posted at long and short reviews
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Historical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Series
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Detectives