|Item model number||DTDUO3C/64GB|
|Hardware Platform||PC, Mac, Linux, Chrome|
|Item Weight||1.01 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.18 x 0.65 x 0.33 inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.18 x 0.65 x 0.33 inches|
|Computer Memory Type||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Manufacturer||Kingston Digital, Inc.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||July 13, 2015|
Kingston Digital 64GB Data Traveler Micro Duo USB 3C Flash Drive (DTDUO3C/64GB)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Versatile - DT micro Duo 3C works with newer USB Type-C devices such as smartphones and tablets and is also compatible with USB Type-A ports on existing USB host devices.
- Store more - Extra storage for the latest smartphones, tablets, PC and Mac computers with Type-C ports.
- Fast - USB 3.13 performance for speeds up to 100MB/s and 15MB/s write - so you're not waiting for content-rich files to transfer
- Guaranteed - for your peace of mind, DataTraveler micro Duo 3C is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Exclusive items from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
DataTraveler microDuo 3C at a glance
- Dual interface accommodates USB Type-A and USB Type-C ports
- Additional storage for newer devices with limited expansion ports
- Fast data transfer speeds up to 100MB/s read and 15MB/s write
Dual interface for USB Type-A and USB Type-C ports
DataTraveler microDuo 3C has a dual interface that works with both standard USB and USB Type-C ports. It’s an ideal way to provide up to 64GB* of extra storage for the latest smartphones, tablets, PCs and Mac computers, which may have limited expansion ports and it’s easier than sharing files via online services. It’s plug and play and fast, with speeds up to 100MB/s read and 15MB/s** write, and it has a rotating cap to protect the reversible USB Type-C connector.
* Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products.
** Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
DT microDuo 3C works with newer USB Type-C devices such as smartphones and tablets and is also compatible with USB Type-A ports on existing USB host devices.
Up to 64GB of extra storage for the latest smartphones, tablets, PC and Mac computers with Type-C ports.
USB 3.1* performance for speeds up to 100MB/s and 15MB/s write — so you’re not waiting for content-rich files to transfer.
*USB 3.1 Gen 1(5Gbps) performance requires a host device with a USB 3.0 or 3.1 port.
For your peace of mind, DataTraveler microDuo 3C is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Compare with similar items
SanDisk Ultra 64GB Dual Drive USB Type-C (SDDDC2-064G-G46)
SanDisk 64GB Ultra Dual Drive Go USB Type-C Flash Drive, Black - SDDDC3-064G-G46
SanDisk 128GB Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C - USB-C, USB 3.1 - SDDDC2-128G-G46,Gray
Samsung FIT Plus USB 3.1 Flash Drive 128GB - (MUF-128AB/AM)
Samsung DUO Plus 64GB - 200MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive (MUF-64DB/AM)
|Digital Storage Capacity||64 GB||64 GB||64 GB||128 GB||128.0 GB||64.0 GB|
|Hardware Interface||USB 3.0||USB||USB||USB||USB 3.0||USB 3.0|
|Item Dimensions||1.18 x 0.65 x 0.33 inches||1.50 x 0.79 x 0.35 inches||1.75 x 0.48 x 0.34 inches||0.37 x 1.50 x 0.79 inches||0.90 x 0.70 x 0.30 inches||2.30 x 0.70 x 0.30 inches|
|Item Weight||1.01 ounces||0.32 ounces||0.13 ounces||0.32 ounces||0.16 ounces||0.32 ounces|
|Memory Storage Capacity||64 GB||64 GB||64 GB||128 GB||128 GB||64 GB|
DataTraveler micro Duo 3C has a dual interface that works with both standard USB and USB Type-C ports. It's an ideal way to provide extra storage for the latest smartphones, tablets, PCs and Mac computers, which may have limited expansion ports, and it's easier than sharing files via online services. It's plug and play and fast, with speeds up to 100MB/s read and 15MB/s write, and it has a rotating cap to protect the reversible USB Type-C connector.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- When plugged in to an USB 2.0 port: Sequential Read=34.5MB/s, Write=12.8MB/s
- When plugged in to an USB 3.0 port: Read=122.5MB/s, Write=19.6MB/s
(See my uploaded screenshot for details)
The product description claims "100MB/s Read, 15MB/s Write". So my measured results are actually better than advertised.
Just for reference, my SanDisk Ultra Fit Series USB 3.0 Flash Drive gives a more impressive performance. Its Sequential Read is similar at 148.4MB/s, while its Sequential Write is twice as fast at 39.4MB/s. But it is not a duo-port drive.
On the other hand, my SanDisk Ultra Micro USB 2.0 OTG Flash Drive is a duo-port drive, and its performance is much worse: Read=20.7MB/s, Write=9.6MB/s. The Sony Microvault USB Flash Drive is slightly better with Read=23.4MB/s, Write=12.9MB/s
Although the Write speed of this Data Traveler Micro Duo is not as good as that of the Sandisk Ultra Fit, it is actually better than advertised, and faster than my other dual-port drives. So I still consider it a good product at its present low price.
- The smaller port of this drive is an USB Type-C port, not a micro-USB port. If you are looking for the latter, consider the Data Traveler Micro Duo USB 3.0 Micro USB OTG drive instead.
- The clear plastic cover over the smaller port feels flimsy. It slides out every time I unplug the drive from my computer. I hope it does not break off too soon.
- The capacity of this '32GB' drive, according to my computer, is only 28.8GB. Now I know all about the difference between what is called one Giga-Byte for computer people (2 to the power 30 bytes) and for marketing people (1 billion bytes). But the discrepancy is too large here, as 28.8*2^30 = 30.9 billion bytes only. The Sony 32GB Microvault USB Flash Drive , for example, shows up as 30.2GB on my computer.
*Addition I accidentally left this in my pants pocket and washed and dried my clothes and this drive still performing like I bought it absolutely outstanding product.
I hate to leave a bad review for a product which initially did what it was supposed to do (speeds were comparable to my other low-end USB 3.0 drives), but there you are. Luckily, I did not have crucial data on it. (Well, it wasn't luck. I wouldn't keep crucial data on a drive like this.) I will try another product.
standard usb 2/3 connector + usb c connector.
OS installs from this drive are wicked fast
small: i have this attached to a lanyard and it is very small and light. great addition to my bag of tools
accurate specifications: read/write is dead on as advertised. i used this in a heavy read environment and it works GREAT. i wish more companies truthfully advertised a device's capabilities. i know where to NOT use the drive.
future proof and legacy happy: usb C will likely dominate all future devices. small and fast.
WRITE SPEED: good grief, it is exactly as advertised. SLOW. i have generic usb 2 drives with better write speeds. kudos for accurate specifications and no stars docked. see above
don't use this for lots of writes.
i pull the usb C cover everytime i remove the drive. once inserted into a standard usb 2/3 port, it is nearly impossible to remove without pulling the cover for the usb c port. seems pretty sturdy, but i have to push it back down after i pull it out. i tried removing the cover, but there is even less material to grab from the usb c port alone.
i have 2 already. i will buy more as needed for boot disks and other heavy read conditions. this drive has no peer for OS installs at this price. 100+mb/s reads for such a cheap price.
Top reviews from other countries
+ Good fitting connection with USB A and C ports
+ Fits in USB type C port of phone even with a case on, unlike the Integral one
+ Loop hole for keychain attachment
+ Plastic cover for USB Type C port is a nice feature, can also act as a slight stand when in phone
+ Was recognised instantly by computer and phone
+ Fast data transfer using USB 3.0 Type A port on computer
None so far
1. The dust cover can only cover the usb c connector of the memory stick. Personally when viewing this i thought it would be able to flip oer and cover the USB connector if the usb c connector was in use - not the case. Would have preferred if the connector covered both or there was a plastic bit supplied for each end.
2. It is rather small and an ideal size to put on a key ring. However there is no where you can attach your key rings or a lanyard to. Bit disappointing as some of the comments mentioned a small hole that could make it possible. I do not wear glasses, and thoght my eyesight was rather good - however There is no way these can be attached.
The drive itself does what it says on the tin. I had to personally re format it to enable usage on a mac properly. It came pre formated on FAT32. With the latest operating system one has to reformat it so that files over 4gb can be transferred over. Not a tough process at all but just worth knowing about.
It's not that much bigger than some small USB-A flash drives.
Where it falls short is in its read/write performance on USB-C. I used BlackMagic's Disk Speed Test application to assess its performance when I thought it seemed a bit slow.
The plastic case protects the Type C end of the device, and flips up when in use. A ridge on the body keeps it flipped up when needed, a nice touch. The case has a loose fit, but this feels purposeful and robust. It is easy to open and close.
The device is USB 3.1, so r/w performance is decent.