|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||1.5 x 0.4 x 0.2 inches|
|Item model number||DTSE9H/16GBZ|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||DTSE9H/16GBZ|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 16GB USB 2.0 DTSE9H/16GBZ
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Convenient - small, capless and pocket-sized for easy transportability
- Durable - metal casing with sturdy ring
- USB Specification: USB 2.0,Guaranteed - five-year warranty
- Supports Windows 7, Vista, XP and Mac
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Manufacturer
Built-in loop easily attaches to key rings.
Kingston is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products.
Metal Styling, Ultra-Reliable
Kingston's DataTraveler SE9 USB Flash drive has a stylish metal casing with a large ring so it will attach easily. The small form factor makes it a great accessory for notebooks like Ultrabooks as well as tablets that offer USB ports. Its durable casing lets users securely carry this drive everywhere they go with their new devices.
Note: Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash memory Guide at website.
- Supports - Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista & Mac
- Convenient - small, cap-less and pocket-sized for easy transportability
- Durable - metal casing with sturdy ring easily attaches to devices
- Storage - perfect for keeping all of your documents, videos, music and photos handy
- Capacity - with capacities available up to 64GB you'll always have plenty of storage available*
|DataTraveler microDuo 2.0||DataTraveler microDuo 3.0||DataTraveler SE9||DataTraveler SE9 G2||DataTraveler G4||DataTraveler 100 G3|
|Color||Smoky Matte Black||Black||Champagne||Champagne||Yellow (8GB), Blue (16GB), Red (32GB), Violet (64GB), Green (128GB)||Black|
|Speed||Standard||16GB – 70MB/s read, 10MB/s write. 32GB – 64GB – 70MB/s read, 15MB/s write||Standard||8GB-16GB 100MB/s read. 32GB-128GB 100MBs read 15MB/s write.||Standard||8GB: Standard. 16GB, 32GB, 64GB: 40MB/s read, 10MB/s write|
|Feature(s)||USB OTG (On-The-Go) enabled devices, Extra storage and ultra-small for mobile devices||USB OTG (On-The-Go) enabled devices, Extra storage and ultra-small for mobile devices.||Metal casing, Capless mini design, 2012 Red Dot design winner||Metal casing, Capless mini design||Colorful loop||Capless|
Functionality meets style for mobile users with the new DataTraveler SE9 (DTSE9) USB Flash Drive. The ultra-thin, sleek metal case features a large built-in key ring for easy attachment to a backpack, briefcase, purse or keychain. When plugged into a PC, its metal casing and small size provides protection and does not get in the way of other Flash drives when USB ports are clustered together. The DataTraveler SE9 is available in 8GB and 16GB capacities.
- RAM: 16384 MB
- Hard Drive: USB 2.0
Compare to similar items
This item Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 16GB USB 2.0 DTSE9H/16GBZ
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||First Choice 2015||Amazon.com||CWP Online||Amazon.com|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB 2.0||USB 3.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.0||USB, USB 2.0||USB 3.0|
|Item Dimensions||0.42 x 1.53 x 0.18 in||0.48 x 1.57 x 0.43 in||2 x 2 x 0.1 in||0.48 x 1.77 x 0.18 in|
|Memory Storage Capacity||16||32 GB||16 GB||64 GB|
Top Customer Reviews
The drive read/write speeds are a little on the slow side but reasonable. I timed some file transfers on my computer (Dell Optiplex 380):
* For read speeds, I averaged 16.1 MB/s (ranged from 10 MB/s to 18 MB/s).
* For write speeds, I averaged 6.8 MB/s (ranged from 4 MB/s to 11 MB/s).
In general, larger files took longer to transfer than smaller files (single 300 MB file took longer to move than one hundred 3 MB files). Other users with the same device have reported an average of 17-18 MB/s read speeds and 11-12 MB/s write speeds. These are considered to be AVERAGE speeds for usb flash drives. If speed is of the essence, then look for a high speed drive that can read/write 30 MB/s or faster. If you're mostly transferring documents, photos, and other small files, then these speeds should suffice.
Another small complaint. I do not feel a 'click' when the drive is inserted fully. So I just push until it won't go in anymore or when I see that the computer has recognized the drive. A minor annoyance in an otherwise great USB drive.
I highly recommend this drive. While the speed on this device is not top notch, its performance is reliable and it comes in a great little package.
- Small. 39mm x 12.2mm x 4.5mm There are some flash drives that are a bit thinner at about 2.5mm, but you loose the advantage of having protected contacts.
- Tough all metal case. It could survive a lot more abuse than competing flash drives that are plastic. I have no concerns with leaving it on a keychain that gets tossed around.
- large strong metal loop for keychain or lanyard, inner diameter 8.4mm
- Decent speed, but not blazing fast: Large file writes 8MB/s, reads 17MB/s
- Cost was very competitive compared to all other 16GB drives, and less than others in this small size class.
- 5 year warranty
- open end is susceptible to dust or lint accumulation, it may need to be blown out periodically with compressed air. This is the tradeoff versus having a cap that may get lost.
- Does not fit into some machines. The mechanical tolerances are such that it will not plug into some machines without using so much force that you risk damaging the port on the computer. I've never experienced this problem with any other USB drive I've owned, and I have at least 10 different models including others from Kingston. There isn't any excuse for this and it's the reason I took off two stars - I can't use it in all "Universal" Serial Bus ports. Possibly with more insertion/removal cycles it will loosen up, but it should work fine right out of the box.
Bottom Line - if it fits the computers you need to use it with and high speed isn't a concern, it's a great little flash drive at a good price. But, if you need a drive that must work in any random computer you encounter such as at the library, this may not be the best choice.
UPDATE 2- April 1st, 2014: I've had the DataTraveler on my keychain for over two years now.... it still works perfectly and there are absolutely no issues. I am incredibly rough with my keys (which I keep attached to my wallet and throw around constantly) and still, it keeps working. The 'average' write speeds have never been an issue for me.
STURDINESS: I thought when I ordered the Kingston DataTraveler SE9 -simply judging by the images- that it was a plastic casing, but was pleasantly surprised that it's a durable aluminum casing.
SPEED: As you can see in the video a speed test shows that the WRITE SPEED tests just under 15MB/second and the READ SPEED tests just under 20MB/second, there is nothing impressive about this speed.
Regardless of the average speed- the incredibly appealing price, sturdiness and convenience of the product (the design creates a nice built-in key-ring) makes this an impressive product and I would definitely recommend it to friends!
A review from C. Blake Davis
Bought another one (this time a 32GB), and within a few months, the same thing happened. This time I snapped a picture. I cannot believe this passed quality testing. Do they just glue these chips into the case? That's pretty lame and insecure. If you buy one of these, buy some kind of cap so you don't lose the ship inside (along with your data). The speed was good and the looks were great. The actual build quality - highly lame. Sigh. Never again - have changed to a metal USB drive with a security cap t prevent something like this from happening again.
I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support. We apologize for the issue experienced with the DTSE9H flash drives. We stand by our products and can replace them for you under their warranty. Please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you. Please be sure to have the part in question on hand when you call.
Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.