Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,803 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,083 reviews
on June 21, 2016
I bought this 32 GB flash drive because I needed something portable that I could store and transfer some files from computer to computer (Word documents, PDF files, movie files, music files, etc.). I wasn't going to use this flash drive for anything more than that. So I wasn't expecting a whole lot from it.

But the flash drive did what it was supposed to do. It has a swivel design which goes over the USB portion of the flash drive. Nice feature, especially when traveling with this flash drive. I wish the 32 GB one came in a different color than purple. I bought this over two years ago and it's worked very well during that time.

Keep in mind that this flash drive only has USB 2.0 capability. I don't use it anymore because I've recently purchased another flash drive which has USB 3.0 capability. This makes the transferring of files so much faster. But if you do end up purchasing this flash drive, I'd definitely stand by it. It lasted me a very long time without any issues.
on February 11, 2012
I purchased the 32 GB drive in May 2011 and used it extensively (with no issues) in my job as a Systems Administrator. Over the Christmas holidays I brought the USB stick with me when we visited my in-laws in upstate New York. At some point while staying at their house I lost the stick. Believe me I looked everywhere for it. Finally I returned home and purchased another 32 GB drive (the same model) to replace the lost drive. About 10 days ago I got a call from upstate New York. My USB stick had been found. Landscapers had found it in a pile of ice/mud in my in-laws back yard. The drive had been outside in the elements rain, snow, cold, etc since Christmas. My in-laws mailed the USB drive back to me. After cleaning the dirt off I tried the drive and it worked perfectly!!! As a precaution I reformatted the drive (with no errors) and now use it again at work on a daily basis.
on November 29, 2011
I recently bought a 4GB Xbox 360 and as you already know, it lacks a hard drive but the deal on this particular Xbox 360 was so good I couldn't pass it up. Well...I still had the need for more storage space. So the search began for a USB flash drive that was comptible with the system. This is my first USB flash drive that I buy for the 360 so pulling the trigger on this particular one was pretty much a shot in the dark on whether it would work.

If you're reading this, you're probably wondering if this will work. It does. I received the message after the Xbox 360 formatted it. I've read reviews on other that they receive a message saying their flash drive is too slow for 360 specs or that the flash drives stop working. For the price and functionality...this model is right on. Almost perfect.

The only con to this flash drive is, as other reviews mention is that the swivel cover doesn't give much resistence and can swivel around with ease. Also...it doesn't really have a cover. Debris can easily be caught it in. If and when you get it, you'll see this for yourself.

However, with other flash drives that do have true covers...you might run into the problem that it won't go into the USB slots on the 360 given that it's frame is a little too thick.

The check list will end up as follows:

Check------Price
Check------Footprint
Check------Xbox 360 compatibility
Check------Looks
Check------Speed
Check------Fit in Xbox 360 slot
NO---------Good cover
on October 23, 2013
Of all the flash drives I have used, I like this one the best for the swiveling cap. The overall size of the device is small enough to use as a keyfob, and it fits in even the smallest pouches in a laptop carrying bag or digital camera pack. The swiveling cap seems like a durable design, and it can't get lost like non-attached caps, and the price was reasonable. Ultimately, the value of a flash drive is determined by it's long term reliability and durability, and it will probably be several years before I wear this device out (I only use flash drives occasionally, maybe once a month), so I can't comment on how long this will last before failure. Read and write speed seem to be about average. I suppose there are flash drives out there that use higher-speed memory chips, but cost more. For simple document transfers, for instance between work or school and home computers, this product works well. As a test, I put a 5 minute 1920 x 1080 30fps AVI video clip on it and it played okay on my desktop machine (a 2.4 ghz dual core pentium) in VLC Media Player, so the read speed is at least enough for high def video.

NOTE: As of October 2013, the 32 gb and 64 gb versions of this product are 25% less expensive per gigabyte than the 16 gb one that is the subject of this review, so you might want to consider buying one of those instead.
on April 18, 2016
I bought this Flash drive back in 2011 when I was in high school for projects, and it worked wonderfully. I never had an issue with data being lost or corrupted. After a while with all the Google Drive and online storage being available I slowly stopped using the flash drive and placed it in a drawer. Couple days ago I got through my things and see the flash drive - me thinking It doesn't work anymore since it's been 5 YEARS since I've used it. To my surprise all my files were there!!! By far a great product - It's always hand to have a copy on you versus on an online site. Would definitely recommend!!
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on November 21, 2013
I had initially given a poor review as mine flash drive went out at the 1 year mark and I stated so. I did this yesterday. Today I receive a post from a gal in their customer service stating they stand behind all their products and would replace it under their 5 year warrantee. (I assumed it would be 1 year, in which I'd just passed that mark.) She gave me an 800 number and SHE was the one who answered the phone.

I'm blown away that they would #1. Contact ME when they saw my review... (kudos for perusing the forms Kingston) and 2. Have a 5 year warrantee. Not too many longer warrentees are out there anymore. Very classy and speaks to their quality.

Anyway, mine was a fluke I'm sure as the ratings for this flash drive are off the charts good. And now with this kind of customer service Kingston has me for a customer for life. I'll be buying their products again.

Customer service seems to be so lacking with many companies I've dealt with and several have lost me as customers. (Kodak is one). This is a stellar example of how a good company should treat its customers. Thanks Kingston!

Nancy
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a decent little USB drive. It works effectively and it works with my Mac, and it's fast. However, the case doesn't seem very durable. I like the fact that there isn't a cap to lose, and the metal sheath rotates smoothly for access. The metal isn't very thin and it should stand up to use, as long as you don't step on it. The plastic feels like ti would crunch pretty easily, too. Naturally I try not to drop or step on anything, but somethings just seem more durable than others. As long as I'm careful, I expect to get plenty of use out of this little USB drive. I like the red color, it's easy to locate. There is a hole in the top to insert something to so you can attach it to a key ring or something else, but the hole isn't very big. It needs a jump ring, which I'm surprised wasn't included. Overall, this is a decent little drive and I like it. I don't love it, but I like it.
(I'm reviewing the 16 GB DataTraveler shipped in the Amazon frustration-free packaging.)

After using SanDisk USB flash drives for several years, I bought my first Kingston DataTraveler flash drive (4 GB) about three years ago. I was impressed enough with it that I later bought the 16 GB DataTraveler, which has performed flawlessly through a thousand or so read/write operations.

The drive came preformatted for the FAT32 file system. It also had Kingston's urDrive software and some other software that I deleted. Afterward, Windows Explorer indicated that 14.4 GB were available (typical for 16 GB USB drives). FAT32 works fine for me, but if I needed to read/write files greater than 4 GB in size, it would be simple enough to reformat the drive to NTFS.

I like the form factor of the drive. It's very compact, with the USB end shielded with an innovative swiveling metal cover. There's about a 3 mm gap between the USB plug and the inside of the cover, so it's possible for some lint to enter the plug, but overall, I like the design as much as a conventional capped drive, since there's no cap to get lost. The swiveling cover has an opening about 2 mm in size for a string or lanyard to be installed. If I could change one thing about the design, it would be to add a detent so the cover wouldn't swivel so easily - that would help to keep the USB plug covered when the drive is in your pocket.

Overall, I found no significant negatives about the DT101 G2 drive. It's a very reliable USB drive that I've used for more than a year with no problems, and I can recommend it with no reservations.
on March 27, 2015
The flashdrive arrived quickly and was as advertised. When I had read the 1-star and 2-star reviews complaining about the low write speed, I kind of brushed it off because I'm usually unconcerned about how long it takes (as long as it isn't like watching grass grow).
I would suggest you heed those reviews, however, because I have found them to be true. For the first three seconds of files being written onto my new USB drive, it was 21+ MB/s and 14.6 MB/s. However, as soon as three seconds had passed, the writing speed dropped dramatically, stabilizing at 5.54 MB/s. A few times it went even lower, reaching a slow 332 KB/s! This actually did bother me because I had almost 22 GB of information to load onto the flashdrive. Yes, it took a while. I'm not sure if I received a defective one or not because I own an 8 GB Kingston flashdrive that has served me well over the years, and the write speed was faster on that one.

I so far am happy with my Kingston flashdrives. They last long even though their body is basically just a thicker plastic with a thin metal swing cap and come with a 5 year warranty. (Way to stand behind a product!)

If you are looking for a fast and efficient 32GB thumbdrive, I would recommend looking elsewhere. THIS IS SLOW. However, as long as it backs up my files and doesn't give me any problems, I am happy with it. Faster would be nicer, but for this price ($13.99) you can't really complain.
Also, BLINQ really surprised me; they are willing to stand behind what they sell and are pretty amazing. :) I'm sure if you had any issues with your purchase they would make it right.
on December 28, 2012
Of course, NOW I read all the one-star reviews. I bought this 32GB flashdrive Aug 2012 and it hasn't been used much at all. I just plugged it into my Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7, and the flash drive is not showing up on Explorer at all. The light on the flash drive turns on for a millisecond while I'm inserting it into the USB slot, but then turns off before I've inserted it the entire way (boys, does this sound familiar - haha!). I'm not a tech geek; I just want the dang thing to function. Anyway, I'm going to look into returning it. Lameness.