Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 17, 2013
I bought the card with the hope to use it as a dual use type of device. Where, I will run the RaspberryPi and if needed will transport it on my android device.

In terms of storage and compatibility, the card performed as expected. It booted Raspbian and I could also take pictures with my phone. GREAT. However, after exactly 6 times, where the micro SD was removed to be placed on the phone and back into the adapter for the Pi. The card was not being read at all, and I made sure not to jam the micro card or place it incorrectly. Therein, I eliminate any operation error.

After careful inspection I found out that the SDadapter had slightly shifted open. Which is caused by the use CHEAP plastic and bad tolerances. With this shift, the adapter pins could not make proper contact with the microSD card and therefore it didn't worked.

Now, I am using a competitor brand adapter and the microSD card still works well. Although I live in constant fear of a sudden malfunction and loose of all my data, specially the one originated from the RaspberryPi.

Will update in regards of the performance of the microSD card.
I ordered this flash card to provide additional capacity for my GPS device so I could upgrade my maps. Allow me to digress for a moment... I purchased a lifetime map update for my GPS about 4 years ago. The first couple of updates went off without a hitch, but last year I got an error message informing me I could only update part of the map due to storage limitations. Same thing this year, but much more extreme - I was only going to be able to get a regional map, which was not acceptable. Rather than succumb to the pressure to buy a new device, I purchased this flash card and was able to successfully complete my update. Hopefully this will be sufficient for a few more years. I know more people are using their smartphones for GPS these days, but since I already have the device, and don't want to burn through my data plan, this is a good option.
on August 11, 2014
Not sure if I got a defective SD card or not but after I take pictures I try to display them on the phone, sometimes the app locks up. Found out it is the SD card cuz I placed the SD card in my PC and I have a hard time reading the files. It took me over 8 hours to move the pictures to my desktop. I had several lockups of Windows explorer. After I retrieved most of the files I reformatted the SD card and will try it again in my phone. I was able to move the pix from PC to card without issue after the format. Maybe I fill up the card using the PC to ensure the card is ok before I trust it to store my phone pictures. I've used Kingston memory chips in the past without issue but this one is flaky.
on February 25, 2017
Buying genuine microSD cards has become an absurd challenge and risk due to the abundant counterfeit microSD
cards flooding the market. I have a small box full of worthless pseudo-microSD cards that I bought on eBay.
Even the ones that are advertised as major brands and are in the packaging of major brands can be worthless
counterfeits. The result is that a buyer has to run FLASH tests on every microSD card before accepting the
purchase and placing the microSD card in service.

Please note that you need to run the flash test multiple times because one of the failure modes of the
counterfeit cards is to finish the test on the first pass, usually with recoverable errors, but then to fail
massively on subsequent tests.

I bought two of these cards and they passed Flash Test repeatedly.
on July 27, 2016
I am so pleased with my purchase! The price and reliability of this product is the best on the market. I will buy from this company again when I am in need of an SD card for sure.
This is my own opinion of the product and yours may vary. I received no monetary compensation and I am not required to give a good review. I am not associated with the seller in any way. If you look at all my reviews, you will see I do not always leave 5 stars and will point out flaws in a product. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions Guidelines on Testimony and Advertising. If my review was helpful to you, would you please vote yes. I provide honest feedback with the pros and cons I can see in a product as well as facts that a potential customer might find useful.
on April 28, 2013
Card worked great for 6 months but recently the card crashed and I lost some data I saved on the SD card. I was able to reformat the card ok but then this morning, it crashed again. These cards are only good for holding onto copies of data located on a real hard drive or in the cloud. Good luck with yours if you intend to buy one after reading my entry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5/12/2013 - An update to my previous listing. I have to commend Kingston on their Customer Service. After posting my earlier review on their 16gb MicroSD card, I received an email from Kingston stating that these cards have a LIFETIME WARRANTY. That's right, LIFETIME WARRANTY!! I called the Customer Service phone line in the email they sent me and discussed my problem with the representative on the line. They received a few bits of information from me regarding my Amazon purchase and gave me an RMA address to send my faulty 16gb MicroSD card and SD Card adapter. In a few days later, I received a brand new package with a 16gb MicroSD card and SD Card adapter. Now that is what I call service!! A company who stands by their product deserves an opportunity in the marketplace. Tnanks Kingston!!!
VINE VOICEon April 1, 2013
I purchased this 16G card directly from Amazon (not another seller). It arrived safely. It worked perfectly. The only problem I have had with it is that it is so tiny - but I guess you can't make a large MicroSD card. :-)

Actually, I am using it in a dashboard camera, and the videos are coming out very clear with no problem, so I can only assume it is working well. It transferred quickly and easily to my computer at an expected speed. It is nice to have the adapter, but in order to keep from dropping it, I am using the cord that came with the camera to transfer the data. This keeps me from having to handle the card.

No problems ... works as expected.
on November 21, 2013
I used this card in a mobile phone for picture storage. This card seemed to work good for awhile then it needed to be re-formatted a few times and I kept losing pictures that I couldn't access to download them. I was continually getting an corruption error on my phone for the card. Finally today it completely stopped working. I've never had this happen with any flash card. My phone had a notification there was no SD card installed and to insert an SD card. I removed and re-inserted the card several times without any recognition from the phone. I took it out of the phone and also tried accessing the card on my desktop several times without recognition either. So it cannot be found and more pictures are lost. I'm sure this card just encountered a rare problem just like any good product, most of them work, but sometimes a couple don't.
on September 28, 2013
UPDATE #1 : I am pleased to report that I spoke with a representative at Kingston who was more than happy to help me with the issue and a fix is in process. I will send an update once the issue is resolved.

I have never had any trouble with a Kingston product so I purchased this for my android phone. After about 6 months of use, all data disappeared and the phone no longer recognized the card. I was told by my phone provider to format the card using my computer and replace the files. I had to do that on several occasions since the card kept becoming unreadable on my phone. Now the card is completely dead and can not be read by my phone. In addition, the card is no longer recognized by my computer. This was a disappointment for I have several SD cards that have lasted for years without any issues. This is the first one to die on me and in such a short period.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
After 18 months this flash card abruptly died. One day it worked fine, the next nothing. I bought it to use with my 7" Samsung Galaxy tablet. It contained a copy of my MP3 music collection. I treat my tablet with the utmost care. Over 18 months the card's only use was being accessed for playing music. That's it. With the "Kingston" name on this product you might expect a certain level of quality and reliability, but who knows what country the chip was actually manufactured in? Thankfully I wasn't using it for something critical like digital photography.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse