Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on October 1, 2012
The Kingston SSDNow V+200 is a low to mid level performing SSD. Spec wise it's it uses the same tried and tested Sandforce sf-2281 controller that many SSD makers use. I don't know if it is it's firmware but it has slower performance than most others using the same controller like the Vertex 3 or the SanDisk Extreme Even though it's slower it's still way faster than what any HDD can offer on the market without Raid 0.

Price wise when I bought it with a coupon was $150.00 and it's true price (at the time) was $170.00 so a little overpriced on what it offers since you can get something a lot better at the same price so $150.00 is were I think it should have been as I think I paid a fair amount for it's performance.

Heat wise it doesn't get hot and is lighter than most SSD's i've used and should fit most laptops and ultrabooks. "Performance tested using crystal disk" On Sequential Reads I got 211.983 MB/s and Sequential Write 126.289 MB/s "this was on uncompressed files so that score was nothing spectacular" now on compressed files I got what was advertised which was Sequential Read speed of 470.988 MB/s and a Sequential Write of 479.751 MB/s. Now my suggestion is to get the latest firmware for any SSD so that there working optimally and you get what you paid for.

For people who just want a decent SSD for a fair price I would look elsewhere as there are better offerings on the table right now unless you find it for around $150.00 with or without a coupon code.
on December 21, 2013
0.57W
Power Consumption (Active)
3.23W
on July 12, 2012
We received the SSD and installed it in our customers system. It fired right up and has been working just fine. It came packaged appropriately for electronics. It was shipped right out, we only had to wait a few days. Thank you
on September 29, 2012
Excellent product and fast delivery. I used it to install Mac OS Mountain Lion and runs perfect, In terms of speed and quality. I will recomend to every one, relation price vs. benefits are great
on July 14, 2012
------
UPDATE

I am raising 1 star. After trying this device on SATA III/SATA II, SATA III gave me far better results 420MBs Read/300MBs Write. So in summary this device is not a well performer on SATA II but still reliable. It's been a month using it and it's working like a champ.

------
I bought this device for upgrading my ASUS laptop. It was pretty easy to install, not issues at all. I did a clean install of Win 7 Ultimate 64bits and it's fast, but not as fast as it says on specs (535MB/sec read and 480MB/sec write speeds). Using 3 benchmark tools (ATTO, CrystalDiskMark 64 and AS SSD) I am barely obtaining 198MB read/ 90MB write speeds and that is static on the 3 benchmark tools.

I've checked my system and it's using the latest SATA controllers (AHCI) + the latest firmware update from Kingston + I did all the configuration changes in order to speed up the SSD. Don't take me wrong, it still is 2x faster than the stock HDD 5400rpm that came with my laptop.

Pros:

- Cheap
- Easy to install
- Stable (no blue screen after long periods of hibernation)
- Faster boot/shutdown times than the HDD (starts up in 12 s or less)

Cons:

- Very slow compared to its competitors (I also have a couple of Corsair Force GT SSDs on identical systems and they beat this Kingston by far).

This is not a bad product if you want to speed up your laptop and save some battery lifespan, but I would strongly recommend you the Corsair Force GT solid state drives is you really want speed.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.