Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 11-20 of 486 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 666 reviews
on August 16, 2008
This little 2GB micro-SD card enabled my daughter's new cell phone (Blackberry Pearl) to store plenty of photos and music. Without it, the phone could hold only a few pix and no serious music. After paying hundreds for the phone, it just makes sense to spend $10 for this little gem to make the phone features useful.

Reviewing similar memory on-line, I ran across some concerns. For $10 it was worth the risk, and none of the concerns turned into problems for this model. Specifically:

- This device is the right physical size. Other micro-SD cards reviewed have been just a hair too wide or thick to fit in some devices.

- This device is fast enough. It is possible to pay higher prices for faster micro-SD cards, but not necessary at least for phone, music, and picture storage. The phone using this device updates instantly from the PC, so there are no speed problems in that regard either. I could imagine digital video cameras needing to write large memory blocks quickly to a card like this, but for typical applications this card has all the performance one needs.

- The 2GB size is large enough. Yes, more size means more storage for even more music and pictures. For most people, it's not worth the price. I went from barely usable capabilities to a full-featured phone (and happy teenage daughter!) by spending under $10 for this micro-SD card. I could have spent $40 for twice the capacity, but it wouldn't have made much difference. Instead of adding massive storage to a phone device, anyone wanting large storage for pictures and music should consider an 80GB Zune or other MP3/iPod device built primarily for the purpose of quality music and perhaps pictures. A phone or camera needs *enough* add-in memory, but not massive amounts.

Enough preaching on usage. The bottom line is that this Kingston 2GB micro-SD card really is everything you expect from a name-brand leader in the memory market. The 2GB modeal in particular comes at a terrific price. Coming from Amazon, you also get free shipping and their great return policy.
on July 20, 2010
This will be short and to the point.
I read the reviews when I needed a Micro SD card for my Blackberry.
This one fit the bill in terms of cost and features (why anyone buys this kind of accessory at Big Box Yellow and Blue store and spends twice as much I'll never understand).

Got it shipped quickly, came with the adapters. Can't remember the packaging but really, who cares as long as the card works!
And work it does. I installed it and formatted it on my Blackberry 8310 Curve - No issues whatsoever. Loaded up a bunch of pictures and music very easily.

I've recently had to sell the Curve (my company prefers having us waste time with Windows Mobile phones) but I removed the SD card and am using it for other toys (camera) with no problems.

It has been surpassed in capacity with HC cards now, but 2 GB is still a lot of storage.

BOTTOM LINE: Can't beat the price and features - (buy enough from Amazon bundled with other items and get free shipping).
on December 16, 2012
The Kingston 2 GB micro SD card is highly noted among the Android modding community for being the most goldcard-friendly microSD card for rooting Android phones and it surely doesn't disappoint. Perhaps Kingston should advertise it as a unique selling point of this card. I ordered this when my SanDisk card failed me. As for the performance of the card itself, it obviously works like any other 2 GB microSD card and the SD adapter that comes along with the card is equally useful.

Some kind words are in order for Amazon's customer service. My original order was stuck in transit and when I contacted customer support, I was sent a replacement immediately at no cost. I had to wait for 10 days despite availing the super saver shipping offer but I feel in the end it was worth the wait.
on March 20, 2017
good
I bought these on an Amazon sale when they were offered with Prime shipping. My primary interest, frankly, was the plastic case and the adapters. I have several devices that use MicroSD cards and It is often preferable to just plug the card into my laptop rather than use a USB cable connected to the device.

A 2GB card is no great shakes these days. (I have a 32GB MicroSD in my smartphone.) Kingston is good brand, in my opinion, and the 2GB cad worked in a laptop computer and SanDisk MP3 player. No complaints there.

The adapters are well made and, like so many other adapters, will probably be misplaced or lost in the not distant future.

I am disappointed that the plastic case shown in the illustration is not included, so I knock two stars off the review for that misrepresentation.

Jerry
on November 16, 2008
I had just got new phones and was looking for a memory card so that i would be able to listen to music on my phone. Its was perfect!! Had the phone format the card, plugged it into the reader, loaded my songs, then plugged it back into my phone. Simple and Very best value for the money. Best Buy and other places want $20 or more for this. I will be buying more for christmas, I have friends and family that could use one. Compatibale with almost any phone.
VINE VOICEon December 6, 2007
I bought this card several weeks ago and have been very pleased. I think it is a fantastic value for the price.

It is about the size of your pinky finger's fingernail -tiny!

I plugged the card into my new Samsung phone, and now I have 2 GB of storage. I have taken many cell phone pictures since then and have had no problem saving to the card, or accessing pictures on the card.

One nice thing about this card is that it comes with a standard SD card adaptor. You can plug your micro-SD card into this adaptor and plug it into anything that accepts a standard SD card. Recently this feature came to the rescue for me... I had a problem saving a scanned document on my wireless printer and I didn't have any SD cards that I could plug into the printer to save the picture to (instead of transmitting wirelessly over my network). In came the micro-SD card to the rescue! I pulled it out of my phone, plugged it into the adaptor, the adaptor into the printer, scanned the picture, pulled the micro-SD card out of the adaptor, put it back into my phone, and emailed it to my computer from the phone. What a crazy way to do it, but I didn't have an SD adaptor for my computer, so it was the only way to go. I was very happy!

I would definitely buy Kingston products again...
on September 14, 2017
I bought it for Roku 3.
Roku doesn't seem to work OK after I installed it. I have to restart it all the time. It is like I lost memory instead of adding extra.
Don't buy this thing for Roku!
on November 13, 2015
Works with Roku 3 and 4
on November 11, 2011
I originally bought a Mini-SD card for my Canon HV40 camcorder to record still images. It came with an adapter to allow playing in a regular SD card reader. The SD card adapter broke. I could not find a replacement adapter, and I could not find the Mini-SD card with the adapter anymore. I bought this MicroSD card with both a mini and a full size SD adapter. I thought the micro would fit inside the mini and mini would fit inside the full size adapter. They do not work this way. The micro fits inside the mini, but the mini adapter does not fit into the full size card. Only the micro fits inside the large card. I wanted to use the adapter with the mini I had bought previously. The cards are not very expensive, and I can still use the micro with the mini adapter in my camcorder. It was still a good purchase.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.