Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Customer reviews

14,548
Capacity: 8GB|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13,241 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14,548 reviews
on November 14, 2011
WARNING! ONLY PURCHASE FLASH MEMORY FROM REPUTABLE ONLINE SELLERS LIKE AMAZON LLC. This card is sold by both Amazon, and multiple other marketplace sellers for cheaper but for a reason. If you try to save a buck and go with a market place seller then you will probably regret it. ALWAYS avoid said "Bulk packing". That is a FAKE product, PERIOD! After visiting the official Kingston website for this card you will see that Amazon is a "preferred online partner" for the sale of this card. That absolutely DOES NOT include marketplace sellers. I can't stress enough the caution required to buy genuine flash memory. So please remember, only buy flash memory sold by AMAZON LLC. You will be able to see who is selling easily. Anyways, onto the review. I bought this for my HTC Flyer. Imediately after opening I ran a benchmark test using CrystalDiskMark and everything came out clear with true class 4 speed (4mb/s) a tested capacity of 7.4GB. I plugged it into my HTC Flyer and have noticed a huge increase in the speed of data transfer. (Upgraded from 2GB class 2) Otherwise I expect this card to perform admirably and I just ask that people be more careful in their online purchases.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I really love Kingston products. I am always happy with my purchases of their products.
This Micro SDHC card does what it is suppose to do, store photos and video's.
I like the micro DSHC card because I can also use them in my tablet that does not have a port/slot for the larger SDHC cards on it.
When I want to use them in my computer or my camera I just pop the Micro SDHC card into the adapter and I can use it where ever I want.
I do find the larger ones are great for Video's and traveling with a camera for lots of data storage!
I prefer the smaller GB SDHC cards for cameras so I don't spend forever looking for the photo's I want to share, print or order prints from because there are so many photo's on the larger ones. It's just easier to find the photos on the smaller cards.
I feel safe storing my data on a Kingston product.
They are an excellent company with a wonderful performance record.
I have purchased their products many times in the past and I will purchase more in the future.
I think you will also feel comfortable storing your memories on them as well.
on February 12, 2016
Came fast, works great, didn't have a memory error. Kingston is so quality I even spilled soda on the adapter, took it apart to clean, and was able to snap it right back together. The reason this is noteworthy is because if Kingston used cheaper plastic (A penny of difference, which separates trash from quality IMO) then it would of broke while I tried to open it up in the first place, let alone allow for the friction of snapping it back together without breaking the infinitesimally small latches.

I just felt like that was worth pointing out, because it shows quality & thought in manufacturing - the kind of which is scarce nowadays.
on January 30, 2016
I was in search of a nice micro-SD card for my new phone. I can’t stand only having 8GB of memory. I purchased the 16GB Micro SD card and it is amazing. It fits perfectly inside my phone and does exactly what I need it to do.
The micro SD card comes with an adapter to turn it into a full-sized SDHC card. This fits perfectly into my laptop and makes transferring music and pictures super easy.
I am always weary when buying SD cards because I have had ones that stopped working randomly. I really liked the features that this card had and was excited to try this out. The card claims to be water proof. I love this feature. If I keep everything on my phone on the SD card, even if I drop my phone in water, all my stuff is still saved. I don’t have to worry about dropping my phone and ruining the SD card with the SD card being shock and vibration proof. This SD card seems to be very well built, and definitely worth every penny. After a month of use, it still works great without any sign of breaking or dying.
on July 24, 2016
This is awesome for it's purpose! I used to have a repetitive warning on my phone (a sony xperia z1 compact) saying that I had to transfer my content to an SD card, but I didn't know where to buy one, especially a micro SD. So I would always have to transfer it to my computer, but sadly I have a mac, and, as we all know, mac and android aren't very compatible, so I had to connect my phone to the computer and use a 3rd party program to be able to access the content of my phone.
Anyways, it was super annoying, but now, all I need to do is click on transfer to SD card when my phone is getting full, and if I want to transfer to my computer, I just need to use the micro SD card adapter and plug it into my computer and voilà! Transfering takes half the time it used to.
Also, I've bought two of them just in case, but I've only been using one since at least 3 months ago and didn't even need to empty it, even though I've been travelling a lot and taking a lot of pictures! I would definitly recommend this product if you need more space on your phone and/or have the same transfering problems as me.

I hope my review was useful to you!
I purchased two microSD cards by two different makers. Kingston brand and another, lesser known brand. The Kingston went into my husband's LG 800G Prepaid Phone With Triple Minutes (Tracfone) and was recognized as external memory immediately (3.4 GB - not 4 GB, but that was expected as there is always some space loss due to operating system access). The included adapter worked as it should too, allowing me to load music onto the card from my Windows PC. By contrast, the other brand ( Patriot LX PRO Series Class 10 40MB/s UHS-1 32GB MicroSD Card at a faster speed and bigger size, had issues.

Kingston is a brand of quality memory products that I've used since building PC's in the 90's to present day. This product, like other SD and flash drives by Kingston that I currently own, is excellent quality and as described. Don't hesitate to buy it if you want a microSD card that works as it should, out of the box.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 28, 2015
I bought this microSDHC card to go into a sports camera similar to a GoPro. We have been using it for quite a while with no issues. It holds loads and loads of pictures and lots of video and transfers quickly. I have had no issues at all with this card and it was quite a good deal. I would buy Kingston brand again and have before and have yet to have any issues with any of the cards bought.

Update: August 23, 2016: I bought another one of these cards a week or two ago. The one I had is still going strong but I have a new device and needed a card. It works perfectly. I love the adapter that comes with it so I can use a standard card reader too.
review image
on March 12, 2017
I'm not sure if it was the card or my old card data, otherwise I'd drop a 5 star.
I used this for my PSP 1000 and transferred my old card to this one. I suddenly noticed I had a huge amount of data gone (on the PSP) from something and couldn't figure out what it was as to I knew exactly what I put on the chip. I also found corrupted data in the PSP game selection screen. I searched and found a few files in the GBA folder with corrupted file names and could not delete them. I had to copy the chip to the computer, format the chip and put the data back on it (twice actually). After that, I've had no problems and it works very well.
It's very fast and holds the data I needed it to hold.
Thank you.
I'll repost if and when it breaks (under light use).
on October 10, 2016
Good card! Speeds measure accurately. Key features include:
Compliant with the SD Specification Version 2.00
Versatile when combined with the adapter, can be used as a full-size SDHC card
Compatible with microSDHC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled device/readers
File Format - FAT 32
Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
on August 17, 2013
Update: I contacted Kingston regarding the issues below. They immediately opened a case number, asked me to email a copy of my Amazon receipt showing Amazon was the seller & then mail them back the card and adapter. It cost approx $3 to mail from Northern Ca to Southern Ca (incl 55cents for a bubble envelope). The entire process from return to receiving replacement took about 3wks and was detailed online. They never mentioned anything about needing to verify authenticity of the card as it was an Amazon purchase (NOT a "fulfilled by Amazon" and sold by someone else) and Amazon is one of their retailers. The people at Kingston were really nice & the warranty is lifetime for the original owner so I added 1-star, but the fact this thing died in a year still means I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I originally gave this a 4-star but after 1yr in my Samsung S4 for only camera photos & music (any internet downloads or screenshots stayed separated on the phone's hard drive bc I'm leary of viruses) this card started freezing when trying to open photos, program started crashing when trying to load photos from the card, and one day it started saying "card not detected." I'd take out, and reload and it worked for a little while then after a week. NOTHING. Screen flashed "no SD card detected." Tried loading it in my computer to reformat but it doesn't detect the card either. It died after 1yr, 70photos, and 20songs. I think it actually died on its "birthday." *smh* At least I had the common sense to back up my card and it happened before the 3 weddings and a vacation I have this summer. =/ This was a 32g ordered direct from Amazon.

Arrived quickly & in the same packaging you'd get in the stores but at a much lower price. I didnt call kingston to verify its authenticity, but I didn't feel I needed to. Both my samsung gs4 & my macbook pro recognized the unit immediately and the 32g (approx 29 useable) made me hate the s4 less..man I miss my iphone. Anyway, there isn't much else to say about it, its an sd, ive never "loved" an sd, maybe this review will change after ive had it a yr or two if nothing goes wrong. I bought direct from Amazon and had it about 3 months.