Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

14,483
Capacity: 8GB|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13,205 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14,483 reviews
on November 14, 2011
WARNING! ONLY PURCHASE FLASH MEMORY FROM REPUTABLE ONLINE SELLERS LIKE AMAZON LLC. This card is sold by both Amazon, and multiple other marketplace sellers for cheaper but for a reason. If you try to save a buck and go with a market place seller then you will probably regret it. ALWAYS avoid said "Bulk packing". That is a FAKE product, PERIOD! After visiting the official Kingston website for this card you will see that Amazon is a "preferred online partner" for the sale of this card. That absolutely DOES NOT include marketplace sellers. I can't stress enough the caution required to buy genuine flash memory. So please remember, only buy flash memory sold by AMAZON LLC. You will be able to see who is selling easily. Anyways, onto the review. I bought this for my HTC Flyer. Imediately after opening I ran a benchmark test using CrystalDiskMark and everything came out clear with true class 4 speed (4mb/s) a tested capacity of 7.4GB. I plugged it into my HTC Flyer and have noticed a huge increase in the speed of data transfer. (Upgraded from 2GB class 2) Otherwise I expect this card to perform admirably and I just ask that people be more careful in their online purchases.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2016
I really love Kingston products. I am always happy with my purchases of their products.
This Micro SDHC card does what it is suppose to do, store photos and video's.
I like the micro DSHC card because I can also use them in my tablet that does not have a port/slot for the larger SDHC cards on it.
When I want to use them in my computer or my camera I just pop the Micro SDHC card into the adapter and I can use it where ever I want.
I do find the larger ones are great for Video's and traveling with a camera for lots of data storage!
I prefer the smaller GB SDHC cards for cameras so I don't spend forever looking for the photo's I want to share, print or order prints from because there are so many photo's on the larger ones. It's just easier to find the photos on the smaller cards.
I feel safe storing my data on a Kingston product.
They are an excellent company with a wonderful performance record.
I have purchased their products many times in the past and I will purchase more in the future.
I think you will also feel comfortable storing your memories on them as well.
on October 10, 2016
The kingston adapter never worked right out of the package.
when i installed the mini sd flash card into the adapter to download files, all i would get was no card inserted. Because I have more than one pc I installed it into another pc and the same thing. At first i started to think that it was the micro sd card. so I took out the card and placed it into another adapter and it worked. So in closing if you love kingston products buy it if you have a spare adapter to use ( if you need the adapter ) or buy another brand that works right out of the package. If I could I would give 1/2 star
.....Upon receiving any package, first appearance of the products packaging is very crucial to any one person's opinion. Appearance of the package is the responsibility of the seller. But remember, usually the seller is having their product shipped from another location / partner. That facility is responsible for the shipping and handling of the packaging. My first thought about the items packaging was a 10 on a scale of 1 - 10.
.....What a joy it is to be able to finally get my hands on some memory cards that have the correct amount of memory marked on them, and that actually are recognized in the different electronic devices I have. I surely did go around putting these cards in all my devices to see if they would be recognized and format without any problems. Definitely these get a 5 star rating. You won't be disappointed!!!!!

.....When making any purchase, I take the time in reading others reviews and make any comparisons with theirs against my results. I then leave as much honest ( positive or negative ) information as possible from my testing of the said product in order to help others. My review here, is strictly based on my personal opinions, and experience. I give rank to each product with a 1-5 star rating. Below you will find the details on what I personally feel each star represents when I am reviewing a product.

1 star) = Waste of money- will return
2 star) = Strongly Dislike the product- will not be purchasing again
3 star) = Indifferent- Neither like or dislike the product
4 star) = Like product
5 star) = AMAZING product.

Thank you for taking the time in reading my review. If you found it helpful, please let me know by selecting "helpful" below.
review image review image review image
on February 12, 2016
Came fast, works great, didn't have a memory error. Kingston is so quality I even spilled soda on the adapter, took it apart to clean, and was able to snap it right back together. The reason this is noteworthy is because if Kingston used cheaper plastic (A penny of difference, which separates trash from quality IMO) then it would of broke while I tried to open it up in the first place, let alone allow for the friction of snapping it back together without breaking the infinitesimally small latches.

I just felt like that was worth pointing out, because it shows quality & thought in manufacturing - the kind of which is scarce nowadays.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 24, 2016
So I got a counterfeit SD card, please if you are a person of intelligence listen to me, do not purchase from OL. I had to abbreviate it, make it simpler it's the seller who's selling SD cards of 32GB for $8 something. Purchase from a trusted seller like Amazon LLC. I tested this card out with an app on my phone and switched with another, turns out the manufacturer for this card says invalid whereas my old 16GB SD card says the name of the manufacturer. When I started switching my files and all from the old card, it worked fine but the minute I put it into my phone, it said blank card. I put it in my PC and said I needed to format, I did so but I wasnt too pissed since I had backups on my PC however I wouldn't use this card if I needed to present something at school or work.
on January 30, 2016
I was in search of a nice micro-SD card for my new phone. I can’t stand only having 8GB of memory. I purchased the 16GB Micro SD card and it is amazing. It fits perfectly inside my phone and does exactly what I need it to do.
The micro SD card comes with an adapter to turn it into a full-sized SDHC card. This fits perfectly into my laptop and makes transferring music and pictures super easy.
I am always weary when buying SD cards because I have had ones that stopped working randomly. I really liked the features that this card had and was excited to try this out. The card claims to be water proof. I love this feature. If I keep everything on my phone on the SD card, even if I drop my phone in water, all my stuff is still saved. I don’t have to worry about dropping my phone and ruining the SD card with the SD card being shock and vibration proof. This SD card seems to be very well built, and definitely worth every penny. After a month of use, it still works great without any sign of breaking or dying.
on July 24, 2016
This is awesome for it's purpose! I used to have a repetitive warning on my phone (a sony xperia z1 compact) saying that I had to transfer my content to an SD card, but I didn't know where to buy one, especially a micro SD. So I would always have to transfer it to my computer, but sadly I have a mac, and, as we all know, mac and android aren't very compatible, so I had to connect my phone to the computer and use a 3rd party program to be able to access the content of my phone.
Anyways, it was super annoying, but now, all I need to do is click on transfer to SD card when my phone is getting full, and if I want to transfer to my computer, I just need to use the micro SD card adapter and plug it into my computer and voilà! Transfering takes half the time it used to.
Also, I've bought two of them just in case, but I've only been using one since at least 3 months ago and didn't even need to empty it, even though I've been travelling a lot and taking a lot of pictures! I would definitly recommend this product if you need more space on your phone and/or have the same transfering problems as me.

I hope my review was useful to you!
I purchased two microSD cards by two different makers. Kingston brand and another, lesser known brand. The Kingston went into my husband's LG 800G Prepaid Phone With Triple Minutes (Tracfone) and was recognized as external memory immediately (3.4 GB - not 4 GB, but that was expected as there is always some space loss due to operating system access). The included adapter worked as it should too, allowing me to load music onto the card from my Windows PC. By contrast, the other brand ( Patriot LX PRO Series Class 10 40MB/s UHS-1 32GB MicroSD Card at a faster speed and bigger size, had issues.

Kingston is a brand of quality memory products that I've used since building PC's in the 90's to present day. This product, like other SD and flash drives by Kingston that I currently own, is excellent quality and as described. Don't hesitate to buy it if you want a microSD card that works as it should, out of the box.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 28, 2015
I bought this microSDHC card to go into a sports camera similar to a GoPro. We have been using it for quite a while with no issues. It holds loads and loads of pictures and lots of video and transfers quickly. I have had no issues at all with this card and it was quite a good deal. I would buy Kingston brand again and have before and have yet to have any issues with any of the cards bought.

Update: August 23, 2016: I bought another one of these cards a week or two ago. The one I had is still going strong but I have a new device and needed a card. It works perfectly. I love the adapter that comes with it so I can use a standard card reader too.
review image