- Size (LWH): 5 inches, 5 inches, 5 inches
- Weight: 3.52 ounces
Kinivo BTC455 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - Supports aptX and Multi-point Connectivity
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Connect multiple devices at once via Bluetooth to your car stereo with the next generation of the popular BTC450 series Bluetooth 4.0 car kit with advanced multi-point A2DP paring.
- Hands-Free car kit designed for answering and receiving calls with any Bluetooth smartphone - iPhone, Android, Blackberry etc
- Seamlessly stream music from any Bluetooth (A2DP) capable device; supports aptX for CD quality audio. Built-in microphone and easy to use music controls
- Provides audio through the 3.5mm AUX input from your Car Stereo when playing music and answering phone calls (Requires 3.5mm audio input in the car stereo)
- The 48 inch auxiliary cable and 24 inch extension cable give you good reach to allow for convenient placement of the device
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There still is a way to do this! When your device is connected to the Kinivio, go into your phones Bluetooth settings and click your cars Hands-free bluetooth option. Once you do this, music will stream from your phone and if you get a call, it will switch over to your cars Hands-free bluetooth. This is a manual process every time, but works for my needs. For reference, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.
The reason that this is 4 stars is that nearly every review that I have read has stated that you need to buy a ground loop isolator to get this to work without the "humming" noise coming from your speaker. Sure enough, mine made the "humming" noise as well, but once I bought the ground loop isolator, it worked like a champ. I bought this one:
"PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others"
If you need another product for your item to work properly, then it should be included. Just my 2 cents.
If you found this review helpful, please click "Yes" below to let Amazon know. It is much appreciated.
|Length: 1:10 Mins|
I previously reviewed the BTC450, and my main criticism of the BTC450 was it did not allow for the simultaneous connection of two Bluetooth devices.
The addition of this feature completes an already excellent product. Before, if you had two people sharing a car who had two different Bluetooth phones or if you just wanted to listen to music from your iPod while also having your phone connected you would need to repair the BTC450 every time with each device. Now, both devices automatically connect, and can be used while the other is not being used.
I am going to briefly go over how multi point functions, as my previous review of the BTC450 still covers all of the BTC455's great features.
1. After you pair both devices, the Kinivo automatically will reconnect to both devices each time you re enter the car.
2. Only one device can be used at a time. For instance, I can not talk on the phone through the BTC455 at the same time someone else is talking on the phone through the BTC455.
3. If you are using a device and listening to music with the BTC455, and a call comes in on another phone, the BTC455 will pull through the phone call if you answer it.
4. The last important point; the buttons on the BTC455 only work with the last active device UNLESS a phone call comes through on another device, in which case you can answer the call with the button on the BTC455.
In concluding my review, the BTC455 is the perfect solution for someone needing to use two devices. Kinivo made the BEST bluetooth receiver.
Having to wait only a year for a truly remarkable product is well worth the wait. In my opinion, Kinivo truly cares about their customers opinion as well as having excellent customer service. Thank You!
▶ Package Contents
* Kinivo BTC455 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
* 3.5mm female to male audio extension cable
* Two adhesive mounting discs
* User manual
The accessories for this device are two adhesive mounting discs and one 26" inch 3.5mm female to male audio extension cable. The mounting discs are each very thin, with adhesive on both sides. I honestly dislike this method of mounting the disk to any dashboard, as the adhesive on either side won't fare well in weathered conditions, but this issue is easily fixed. For my product, I used super glue and Velcro for my product. The male to female extension cable has a hard plastic casing around both ends, with the female port using the straight design, and male port using the conventional L shaped design. I like the addition of this accessory, but think it isn't very necessary, since most users will have enough slack from the existing audio cable.
* Bluetooth Specification: Bluetooth 4.0 with multipoint
* Bluetooth profiles: HSP, HFP, A2DP and AVRCP
* Operating distance: 30 ft (10m) class II
* Power input: DC 12V-24V
* Charging output: DC 5V-1A
* Dimensions: Main unit: 42 x 15 x 42 mm; Car adapter: 24 x 54 x 24 mm
The main product is one piece, with the main unit being 1.6" x 1.6" x 0.6 inches, leading through a thick 36" cord to a Y-connector, which splits into two 11.5" cords, leading to the built-in car charger and 3.5mm audio cable.Read more ›
This saved the day.
I connect to both this and the car. In Bluetooth settings for each connection I specify that audio goes to Kinivo, and calls go to the car. It's seamless. Phone rings, audio pauses, and I get the much better audio/mic from the car for phone.
Pairing is immediate when the car starts, no need to push buttons, or flip through phone settings.
The phone audio quality of the Kinivo is passable, but if your car supports phone it's probably much better.
It comes with two double-stick foam mounting adhesive circles. They are not pre-attached, which is great so you can use or not without the backing paper slowly peeling away if you don't mount it to something. I just let it hang loose on center console since all my connections are under the armrest.
The audio quality of this is very good. much better than headphone jack. It could be because of the aptX support in the phone and BT 4.0, but there is no hiss, no whine, and I can't discern artifacts or compression. Songs with wide dynamic range sound excellent.
Voice commands work well, but it only works with phone dialing. Once disabling the call setting in Bluetooth settings, the ability to use voice commands was gone, but I kind of expected that and don't use them anyway. It did work well though.
90 degree angled plug is a plus, so it doesn't bend and slowly break the internal wires, which I had happen before.
Cable length is sufficient to reach most anywhere, and an extension is provided for longer reach.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This Bluetooth hands-free car kit has served me well. The range on this is so extreme that sometimes I forget that it's still paired with my car when I'm on the other side of my... Read morePublished 8 days ago by J. Miltzer
Overall, this works pretty good. Call quality seems to need improvement though as people complain that it sounds tinny. Setup was easy. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Chris M
Will not pair despite trying multiple efforts. Prefer cheaper more reliable Bellini. Past return date. I was in the hospital. I guess I will throw liviIng 455 away. What a waste. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Sharon
Works great. I used velcro to put it where it's convenient when I am using it, but to get it (and the wires) out of the way. Read morePublished 27 days ago by J. Faber
Really awesome product. Simple, quick to setup, and sound quality better than any other streaming device I've heard.Published 1 month ago by W. Hamrick
Great product when works - BUT - drops connection often and you have to manually reconnect - very convenient while driving at 60 mph on a turnpike :(
Advice from... Read more