Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 109 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 113 reviews
on June 11, 2012
This was a very inexpensive adapter, so I was pleased to find that it worked well. As other reviewers have said, be VERY gentle when inserting/removing the tape into the adapter and operating the "door" mechanism that expands and retracts the tape. I pretended I was working with unexploded ordnance, which I think helped.

I used it with several old TDK, JVC, and Sony VHS-C tapes and everything transferred fine. The only downside was seeing how much hair I used to have compared to now, but I can't really blame that on the adapter.
on January 5, 2012
I got this converter for my in-laws and it worked very well. The cassette fits pretty tight, so there is a small amount of effort to insert and retrieve the cassette from the adapter. It played the videos very well and didn't cause any problems with the casettes. This is by far the lowest priced adapter I could personally find.
on January 24, 2012
I was leery of this product because of the low price compared to similar products, but was pleasantly surprised by the ease of use and quality. The instructions were adequate and understandable. The only ding on the product is that you have to gently push the VHS-C tape out of the adapter from the bottom. There is a hole (middle) and a open space (to the side of the VHS-C tape) that you can gently push the tape from the bottom.
on September 11, 2017
works as described
on July 23, 2012
I really can't give an honest review since I didn't get to use it but it sure looks like a useful product that will do what it should. When I received it I noticed I bought the wrong thing because my mini tape is a different size than the one this is for so I sold it back at a lower price and called it even for my mistake.
on December 27, 2012
I would caution you to not use this product. This is the second one I have used. I thought the first one was just defective so dummy me I bought another one. So, instead of losing one family video I now have had two vidoes destroyed by this machine twisting the tape. I saved the tape and hope to maybe find someone who can salvage some of it as memories cannot be redone. It played three fourths of my home Christmas video and then the tape got twisted in it. Like I said I gave it a second chance by purchasing two. I'm writing this review in hopes of preventing someone else losing their memories.
on February 8, 2012
I'm an admitted old-timer. I still use my VCR, and subsequently, I have an old fashioned camcorder. I needed an adapter that allowed me

to view my old tapes and relive old memories. I've had an adapter in the past that was easier to use, but the price was right and it

does the job. However, follow the instructions..when they say close door slowly, they mean slowly.
on February 8, 2013
I've had Mini camcorder tapes I wanted to convert for years. I chose this gadget based on reviews. As others said, it's somewhat delicate, but as long as you very carefully insert the tapes it works great. You can use it to view the film in your VCR, or to transfer to digital format, with external software. I used Elgato software and was able to transfer all my tapes to the computer.
I give it 4 stars just because it's somewhat flimsy, but it does the job for a low price.
on December 27, 2012
Thanks for sending the vc600 VHS Adapter so promptly and in good condition. At some time over the years I misplaced the one we had and didn't know exactly which one to order. The price was so reasonable for the many hours of pleasure we have gotten from watching our grandchildred years ago. They are in their late 20's now and we've all had fun watching the tapes.
I received the adapter within 4 days which was surprising since it was the week before the Christmas rush.
on November 22, 2013
This thing is good for all you VHS folks like me that still have the small VCR Camera tapes that are sitting around gathering dust. My old one bit the dust and I was not able to retrieve the movies until I spent a small amount on this and viola I had them again My 25 year old kid playing soccer when he was 8. How cool is that? Now my grandsons can watch Daddy stand in the outfield and swat flies.