Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 23, 2015
I was worried I wouldn't like this backpack but I ended up loving it.
I purchased the Herschel Settlement backpack and I had to return it because the lining in the backpack bled onto the fabric, it was a mess!
But if your deciding between which one to get, get this backpack. It's so much better.
I returned it & with the money I bought this backpack. It's a great discount for a quality backpack.

It feels pretty durable, the fabric feels like nylon. It has no lining either. To me the fabric seems like it would be waterproof, but I haven't tested it or been in the rain with it.

The backpack has lots of room! I could fit: a 1 inch binder, 2 regular sized journals, a thicker 1-inch journal, and 2 books. The very outside pocket fits my calculator perfectly. The middle pocket has inner pockets that can hold your phone or pens & pencils. Speaking of pens & pencils, there is a pocket by the handle that you can put pencils into. However, it's not too deep; the pencils may fall out of your not two careful. The pocket for the laptop is awesome too, it's padded on the bottom and sides. The padding is nothing amazing though, keep in mind the backpack is very lightweight. The straps are perfect as well. Not too thick.

This is an amazing backpack, you can't go wrong.
I feel it's better then the Herschel backpack being that it has better quality. I like the look and style and how useful it is. Overall I'm happy with my purchase.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
73 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 8, 2015
I'm a grad student & I really adore this backpack. There's so many pockets, and the little pocket for small items on top is the best. My headphones, aquaphor, eyedrops and little things go in there and it's very easy to access. The quality of the material is great, easy to clean, and the zippers are nice too. There's two pockets within the bigger section of the backpack, one for laptop & another one that reminds me of an expanding folder. I can keep all my chargers in the "expanding folder" and they don't float around the bottom of the bag. My sister likes her Herschel better, citing the fact that Kipling's straps are more narrow so she finds them less comfortable. I'm petite so I don't find a problem with the straps, and it never feels heavy on my back.

Just for an idea of how much the backpack can hold, altogether I normally can fit the following into my backpack: Yearly Plumpaper planner, mini whiteboard, 1.5" & 1" Discbound notebooks, Laptop, PS Vita charger, laptop charger, cardigan, two pencil bags, small make-up bag, bag of GinGins, wallet, external charger & cable, gum/mints, granola bars or mini tupperwares of snacks, & a 20 oz Blender Bottle.
35 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2016
Just look at the picture. I only used it for t wo weeks!
review image
22 people found this helpful
on May 10, 2016
Love it! I'm a mom with a 3 years old. I need to carry a lot of baby needs, diapers, wipes, snacks, juice, milk, and toys. The backpack is not only beautiful but also spacious. It's packed with lots of pockets and dividers. The laptop pad is awesome too!

Perfect backpack for a day trip. I can pack everything my toddler needs! And it doesn't hurt my back like some of my other backpacks do! It's very comfortable even though it gets very heavy when it's full.

There is a key string in the front pocket, and it's very long! I don't have to take my backpack off just to open the door. I can leave my backpack on my shoulder and lean forward just a bit, it reaches all the way to the door knob!
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 19, 2016
It is much better than most backpacks. It is very light when empty. It has several compartments. I cleans easily. It can fit a lot of stuff and the zippers are sturdy and look strong. It also looks good. One downside is the lack of a front strap because as with all backpacks it pulls on shoulders when loaded. But that can be purchased separately. Purchase reviews seemed to be all over the place so I was not sure. But having had it for several months now and traveled overseas with it, I think it is far better than most for its lightness and sturdiness alone.
4 people found this helpful
on October 10, 2017
I love this product ... check out the little monkey (they are named after workers). This is a fabulous bag ... big enough for travel, attractive enough for city day wear, and the little monkey always attracts conversation. Well made too.
One person found this helpful
on July 15, 2016
I'm a college student who likes to carry a lot in my bag; I have long days that could take me from the gym, to class, to the library, to work, and finally home. I compared several different backpacks online for my needs before finally deciding to purchase this one, including the Fjallraven Kanken and various JanSport backpacks. For those who like to carry a lot and stay organized while doing it, I definitely recommend this bag.

There are two main compartments to this backpack and two zip pockets that are kind of attacked to those. The first compartment is on the very top of the backpack and is very shallow, but keeps small things convenient. I keep chapstick, gum/mints, headphones, and my cell phone in here. You could probably fit some pens and pencils too.

In the main compartment, I fit my 13" Macbook Air with sleeve (sleeve has a zipper where I keep the laptop charger), a textbook, a 3-subject notebook, Erin Condren planner, Filofax compact planner, and a book for pleasure reading. I could probably fit more; I'd say it's at 70% capacity with these items. When I need to work, I can fit my uniform t-shirt, or when I go to the gym, I can fit an extra shirt or bag with my swimsuit.

In the smaller pocket on the front, I keep my wallet, phone charger, snacks, and pencil pouch. There are compartments there clearly meant to hold things like phone, keys, a pen, or whatever, but I don't use them.

The very front zipper pocket doesn't open very wide but it is very deep. I have a feeling things could get easily lost in here so I don't recommend putting loose items in it. I keep my make-up bag, which just has a few basics (mini deodorant,
7 people found this helpful
on February 2, 2015
The bag was delivered quickly and it's perfect! I carry around lots of books, my laptop, and other personal items all day for college and the backpack holds up well. Looks small upon arrival but it can fit ALOT of stuff. The teal colour was just as bright as the picture and i've already gotten compliments on the bag from others! Very satisfied, and worth the money, especially if u can get a deal on it!
7 people found this helpful
on May 18, 2016
Decent backpack with lots of compartments. The only issue is zipper splits open by itself when you load up your bag so you have to zip shut with zippers to the side instead of centered at top. I use it as a diaper bag so my load is not heavy just bulky. Maybe a drawstring closure would be better suited.
2 people found this helpful
on May 15, 2016
Wanted a backpack that was light and match my Kipling suitcase. Pretty good size for a 6' man although I would not have minded a slightly taller one. I would have liked at least one external pocket for a water bottle and maybe another one for sunglasses but they don't have it on this model. It replaces a Tumi I had bought on ebay which was nice but no bigger while a whole lot heavier. Zippers not exactly like the picture shows. I had a Kipling bag that lasted me years, I hope this one does too. Good price through Amazon.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.