Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 146 reviews
on February 12, 2017
Like the vacuum cleaner, I was handed down a kirby from my father that had a grinder and knife sharpener attachment and liked it so much -- it was bought in the early 60's. This vacuum machine is better !
on October 25, 2016
Everything I expected. I'm very satisfied
on March 22, 2017
Thanks for the speedy shipment. Exactly what I wanted.
on December 15, 2014
Seller was extremely helpful when I had a minor put-together issue, responded quickly. Vacuum was extremely clean and started right up.
on June 26, 2012
I just bought my second Kirby Sentria because I loved the first one so much and I wanted one for my upstairs too. I have tried many of the major store brand vacuums including Dyson and haven't found one that comes even close to how well the Kirby works. I waited several years to buy the Dyson Animal but from day one was very disappointed with it. It was supposed to be specifically for animal hair but did not do as they advertised.

The Kirby, once you know how to use it, does a tremendous job. Other than being a bit heavy, I can't find any fault with the Kirby. It has great suction and is easy to push. It looks intimidating when you take everything out of the box because there are so many parts but you soon learn what the tools are for. I would recommend if you are in the market for a vacuum to spend a little extra and buy a Kirby. You will save money in the long run.
on March 5, 2017
The hose, the attachment grip and the floor care attachment were shown in the picture but omitted in the shipment. Without the hose and attachment grip, most of the attachments can't be used. I have bought two new Kirby vacuum sets in my 41 years of marriage. This is the first used one that I have bought. I gave the second one bought in 1995 to my daughter. This used Kirby seems to be in good condition, except for the missing items in the set.
on September 10, 2016
I love it
on February 5, 2016
I bought this vacuum 8-9 years ago through an independent dealer, promising me a free carpet cleaning/shampooing. First of all, I got none of that, just a demo and sales tactic that I, unfortunately, got suckered into. I paid $1100 for this 2 million pound worthless vacuum, that sucks - not literally! When I say 2 million pounds, I mean it is HEAVY as hell! I'm in my 30's, in pretty good shape, only 5' 2" and about 120 lbs, and this thing kicks my butt and breaks my back every time I use it. Even my 6' 1" 190 lb husband hates using it because of how heavy it is, as well as many more reasons. I'll name some pros and cons:

Cons:
1. EXTREMELY HEAVY. It weights 35 lbs!!!! I'm sorry, but that is TOO heavy for a vacuum, let alone for one that is sub par. I HATE having to lug this thing downstairs to our basement or maneuver it around furniture..etc.
2. Does not maneuver at all around furniture, under furniture, around walls...etc. You'll break your back having to pick it up to maneuver it around stuff.
3. The height adjustments on it for bare floor to carpet of different heights/thickness, is either too low and you lose suction or too high and the brush roller doesn't touch the surface therefore doesn't do the job it's supposed to do. There is no happy medium to the height. And don't bother using it on area rugs - it will ruin them and won't even clean them well in the process.
4. In order to use the attachments, you need to take the front end off - inconvenient!
5. The attachments are cheap plastic junk. The brush on the wide brush attachment keeps falling off - annoying. The pet hair attachment loses suction so easily that you have to remove it from the hose and "clean" the attachment with the vacuum hose after only a few minutes of use. I only have 1 medium size dog and 1 cat, no kids - pretty typical household with pets - and I clean 2-3 times a week. I feel sorry for those who have more pets and kids and use a Kirby.
6. When on bare floor with the vacuum, not using the bare floor attachment, all it does is blow the dirt/hair around, unless you're right on top of the dirt/hair. And the bare floor attachment only collects the hair by, I'm assuming, static around the hose area that connects to the attachment itself . (see pic)

Pros: ummmmmm. I'd say none, but for $1100 there has to be some good to this thing, right?
1. Well, I like that the top hook for the cord can be adjusted so that you can easily unravel/remove the cord. I'd imagine that is quite standard on most vacuum models these days though.
2. It's a good thing that, as the salesman explained, it has a "transmission" so it helps to push this heavy thing around when its turned on - like a self propelled lawn mower - otherwise you'd get arm pump from using it.
3. It is mostly metal, which I'd imagine will last a very long time. But at what cost - a broken back?
4. The attachment that allows you to reverse the suction to blow out and inflate items such as an inflatable child's pool - of which I had several years ago for my young niece who would visit during the summer. That attachment made it quite easy and quick to inflate.

Bottom line, if you want a CLEAN house, don't get this vacuum. If you want a house that "looks" clean, you don't mind a workout in the process, and you would be ok spending around $1000 for an attachment to inflate a child's pool - this vacuum might be the one for you.
For me, I've recently replaced the Kirby with the Shark that weighs only 9 lbs, can maneuver around everything including under furniture, never loses suction, doesn't destroy my area rugs, has AWESOME attachments that are conveniently accessible at all times and costs more than $800 less!! The Shark makes me enjoy cleaning when, after using the Kirby for 8+ years, I dreaded cleaning.
review image
on March 21, 2015
It just what I needed, it does all I wanted it to do and more.
on March 1, 2012
I absolutely love this vacuum. i was tired of the dept store vacuums not lasting and this one will last forever. My mom owned a kirby my entire child to adulthood. My mother in law owns a Kirby.! They are the one few products left that are built to last. Worth every penny!