Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on November 20, 2011
Initially, I was a little hesitant to buy this latest Kirby game since Kirby doesn't have any of his traditional powers and it's a stylus only game, which I usually don't like with action games. However, I've been really satisfied with all of the previous DS Kirby games so I decided to give this one a shot. I was very pleasantly surprised - this Kirby game has turned out to be a lot of fun! Things I specifically like about it:

1) It's actually very challenging! To get a gold medal on a level you have to get through it not only with all 10 Kirbys, but without a single one ever getting hit.

2) Movement. The only Kirby game I don't really care for is Kirby Canvas Curse because Kirby was just all over the place and I was afraid this second stylus movement game was going to be the same. However, Kirby's movement is nice and fluid, even when you have all ten. If you get one to jump up or go through a door, the others follow which is nice. And you can round them all up in a ball and move them as one, which is essential when fighting a bad guy in a closed area.

3) High replay value. The levels are easy to play over and over again, especially if you are trying to get a gold medal at the end (or even a bronze!) and want to get all of the medallions in the level.

4) Hints! Every Kirby game I've ever played has always had crystals, treasure chests, etc. that I either a) could not for the life of my figure out how to get or b) couldn't even find, and I have always wished there was a hint option. I know you can go online and look up how to do it, but I want a hint to help me figure it out, not just be told what to do. And this game has that, which is really nice for the ridiculous medallions.

5) Fun mini-games. There a lot of goals to reach in the game (like beat 5 levels with gold medals, get 10 medallions, etc.) and you unlock mini-games when you reach them. Some of them are lame, but there are a bunch that are actually pretty fun like Kirby Pin-Ball

One of the few downsides is that this one is a little on the short side. Each world has like 10 levels, which initially I was surprised and pleased by how many there were, until I figured out it's just because there are only like 4 worlds. I do miss Kirby's traditional powers, but the new challenges this game presents without those powers to rely on is actually really refreshing and helps set this apart from the other Kirby games, in a good way.

Overall it's a great game and I think it's actually one of the best Kirby DS games you can get.
on October 4, 2011
This game is AWESOME! I haven't played a Nintendo DS game in a long time, and very few have been 1st party games at that... I am simply amazed at the gameplay quality of this title. Much like the very first, "Kirby in Dream Land" for the GameBoy B&W, "Kirby: Mass Attack" raises the bar to a new level. It feels much like Mario vs. Donkey Kong with the craziness of lots of little pink blobs. Gameplay is easy and fast-paced, very fun for all ages. I haven't played my DS in VERY long (last was some Pokémon: Black) but this title re-vitalizes the Nintendo DS portable gaming console. I would buy this again if I had to.

Great title for all ages, young and old. I'm thrilled with it, and definitely buying the Kirby title for Wii as well.
on March 14, 2014
This is the first game I have ever beaten on my own! I didn't have to call my husband in to beat any of the bosses! Some of it was a challenge, but for the most part it was just fun. It has many fun mini-games as well. I would highly recommend this game for all ages!
on September 21, 2013
I have a hard time purchasing games for my five year old son. This title, however, is perfect for him. The low level of violence is "cartoony," the graphics are mesmerizingly beautiful, and it is easy enough so that my son never gets frustrated with the game play, but intriguing enough not to bore him.
on December 10, 2017
My son loves this game
on October 28, 2017
Great game
on January 6, 2017
A must have for any Kirby fan because it's so different, while still feeling like a typical Kirby game. They did a great job with this! My husband also likes this game and he hasn't played many Kirby games before so it's great for long time fans and newcomers alike.
on March 7, 2015
Nintendo really tried hard making this game. It looks amazing and plays really well. It has a ton of unlockable content that let's you play indepth minigames and what not. The only real problem is it's repetitive. You'll have to force yourself to play it doing the same thing over and over again for a few hours. It's still worth getting because it was well made and it's cheap but, you'll still need to force yourself to play it at some point.
on January 18, 2013
This is a fun game that my 7 year old son and daughter could play for hours. Even as an adult, I could play it for hours as well. Kirby is so cute and makes such cute sounds! And in this game you get to use multiple kirbys! Love it!
on March 25, 2016
My grandson is very happy with this
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.