Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Kirby Sentria 2 with Carpet Shampoo System" and save 84% off the $2,499.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3 Year Asurion Floorcare Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Kirby Sentria 2 with Carpet Shampoo System
|Price:||$949.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Quick-drying carpet shampoo process provides professional results at a fraction of the cost
- Carpet Shampoo system
- Powerful airflow combined with a HEPA 11 filtration system
- The LED headlight brightens even the darkest corners.
- Carpet Shampooer included
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Brand New for 2013 the Kirby Sentria 2 includes Shampoo cleaning system to maintain carpets and rugs. The filtration system on the Kirby Sentria uses the Kirby HEPA Filtration Bags that capture 99.97% of all airborne allergens. The outer bag then follows up behind has a final layer of protection, capturing even the microscopic particles that most other vacuums will exhaust back into the air. Also included with this Sentria is the Kirby Carpet Shampooer system. With this you can have near the same results as you would if you had a professional come out and clean your carpets with the Shampoo system.
Compare to similar items
This item Kirby Sentria 2 with Carpet Shampoo System
Kirby Sentria Upright Vacuum
Royal Commercial Metal Upright (14 Inch Zip Bag)
Hoover Carpet Cleaner Max Extract Dual V WidePath Carpet Cleaner Machine F7412900
Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$32.64||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||GoVacuum||GoVacuum||UltraClean Supply||Amazon.com||Your Market Source|
|Color||Black red and chrome||Silver||Orange||Black||Iron/yellow|
|Item Dimensions||24 x 36 x 12 in||—||10 x 23 x 16 in||15.75 x 20.25 x 29.19 in||14 x 13.38 x 44.88 in|
|Item Weight||25 lbs||35 lbs||—||4 ounces||23.2 lbs|
|Additional Features||bagged, HEPA filtration||Headlight, Bagged, Self-Propelled, Corded||corded, bagged, HEPA filtration||corded, bagless, portable||Root Cyclone technology|
Top customer reviews
Now, I have this Kirby and in using it on the rest of the carpet in my home, I can see and feel the difference. The king of vacuum's is still Kirby. Should have listend to my Grandmother who had one from before I was born, she swore by it.
1.They mislead my wife to believe we were getting a free carpet cleaning on two rooms at no charge (over phone) and that they would be at my house at 5pm to do it.
Now my wife is not someone who will fall for sale tactics as we got wound into a home security system that way (although I am happy with it now) and told me that the lady on the phone said nothing about a vacuum just that we had to sit through the speal while they cleaned the carpets.
2. The demo literally took 4.5 hours total!
yes we did get the guy to clean the carpets but it took a while to get to that point and it also takes so long cuz they use the sample pads and the sample attachment (uses 1/3 power they claim). NOW I used to be in retail and I understand the idea of a demo and that you want to paint the big picture etc. but it was ridiculous how long he stayed there.
3. HERE IS WHERE YOU WANT TO PAY ATTENTION: the performance of the kirby in my home was unbelievable (in a good way) purely a 10/10.
My wife was automatically sold (as was I) in what it could pick up in terms of dirt. I have done extensive research on the kirby models Sentrina 1 and 2 (2 being the 2013 model and lighter wieght and more suction power) and it beats EVERY VACUUM out there (even the dyson animal complete $650 pink one we were thinking about buying...which I was shocked at how much it beat it by).
4. The weight of the kirby is HEAVY. almost 20-25 lbs in fact.
so if you have trouble with lifting heavy things then i would say get a dyson for the stairs,basement, or anything that you need to lift the vacuum for. in all my research this is where the kirby looses out in comparison. That is why an overall score for the kirby does not put it at the top unless it is in performance/filtration.
5. the attachments are many and useful if utilized
the reason i say this is they want to sell you all the extras (like the 80 zippbrush and 350 shampoo and anything else they can really. It does come with a nice caddy for all of it but again they are only great if you use them. and by use them i mean you set aside a day to learn how to attach everything and do it efficiently. Now i know not everyone has that kind of time but you do have to put some effort into learning how it all works together. when the salesman was doing it it took him less than 10secs each one to attach, or remove front of vacuum. I know he has had hours of practice (not just cuz he spent hours in my house) but because he is a salesman. if you don't utilize the attachments you are wasting money buying the extras.
6. the carpet shampooer really works!
we had previously had carpets cleaned about 8 months ago before the demo and was told there were spots that would just not come out unless we replaced the carpet. Was not really a big deal to me so we never did. Kirby cleaner actually got the worn area cleaned and looking newer. I couldn't believe it. so to keep it short it does work, you just have to vacuum over the spot again within 24 hours to get rid of any moisture feeling (according to instructions).
7. SO BY NOW YOU ARE WONDERING ABOUT PRICE. well at least in the demo thats where my brain was. in my research, everyone has had different starting points. ours was 2500. Saying no went down to "employee price" of 1850 +tax. I still said no (as i agreed with my wife we would politely say no to EVERYTHING they offered before the demo started). then the salesman proceeded to show me monthly payment options. again i said "not going to buy on credit. I have a rule against that and we only buy everything in cash these days. if we do not have it we do not buy it" (i know shocking that an american would not want to use credit anymore). in the end he asked if i was interested in buying the previous model (sentrina 1) and said the wieght, and power differences were the main things other than color. that started at 1100. I still said no but offered that I would buy it if he would sell it for 500 (which is the price i found on AMAZON.COM for the dyson I previously mentioned). He said he could not personally authorize that but would check with the boss (cuz he can authorize that). I told him great as he cleaned my carpets. The "driver" came into our house and was an elderly man who obviously makes a lot of money selling these things. I was hospitable to him even though I did not get a good feeling about him. at this point I felt that they were trying to puch me and now that he came in I was definitely not going to buy anything. He tried to give me the whole credit deal, i told him my rule, he asked why. i said "cuz my wife and i are newly weds (9 months) and i have more student loan debt that 30 of your kirbys. so we are eliminating any debt we can and not adding any." He made one last attempt to take off 500 of the 1100 and make it 650 including tax. i still said no (even though i was tempted but a rule is a rule). he left to talk to another one of his salesguys and the initial guy finished the job. they left and I looked at my wife and said well that changed our evening plans but glad i did not buy it.
8.the saleman we had was super nice and really chill about everything.
i partially think it is because we were younger, did not have kids or pets running around, gave him water to drink as much as he wanted, and I related on a retail end. I used the phrase "I am the one losing out by saying no" multiple times which relayed that he had sold me on it i was just not going to buy it. He even told me about the trip he is going to in HAWAII that he won and is running for another promo. He has successfully sold the most (72) in the area as well. overall i really liked the guy too. He was respectable and even told me that they are REQUIRED to call 3x before they can even LEAVE. this definitely bothered me, but they are high push sales. so hopefully that helps even out the saleman being the bad ppl.
9. the warranty is a limited 3 yr only received when done through one of kirbys main demos or through the kirby website. thats it. you can also purchase the lifetime rebuild option at 125 or something like that. so that is not coming in the deal.
the only positive i see is to the auto transmission on the vacuum. it makes it VERY EASY to push and move around but if that goes out I would feel sorry for you if you are not engineer minded or have access to someone who is that would be willing to put into the time and resources it takes to fix one.
10. THE MAIN REASON I DID NOT BUY WAS BECAUSE I KNEW I COULD FIND IT ONLINE CHEAPER!!!! (also i remembered my parents being shown and how the price kept climbing down). you do not get any warranty (but hey the guy says they should last till my wife is 60) but you save LOTS of money. I hav found brand new or used once or twice (new in my mind) from 600-1200 on AMAZON and EBAY and Craigslist. so if you paid anywhere over 1000 you got screwed and I am sorry for you. IF you were not a sucker and got them to leave buy it online somewhere bcuz it is literally the best performing vacuum out there.
I hope this was detailed enough and helpful to all. I am rating it at all levels so that everyone can see what the real deal is without someone having buyers remorse or bad experience.
Most recent customer reviews
Customers also shopped for
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets