Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. For 30 years (2 different compactors) I've been locked into the paper bags because I had not found a plastic that worked well at the same price point as paper. Now I have.

I used to use these: BestAir Trash Compactor Bags(16'' D. x 9'' W. x 17'' H,pack of 12).

But now that i've discovered these super strong bags that truly fit (with a firm stretch over the corners.) They are so strong that not even broken bottles or sharp pizza boxes have come through the sides when compacted. :) (Obviously, my area does not offer recycling.)

Everyone should have a compactor - they are so great. My friend has one in the garage when all the cans go for recycling later. Just rinse before putting into the compactor. When full - it holds alot! - she can easily take one bag of flattened cans to the recycle drop off.

And what a great buy - less than $20 for SEVENTY bags? Crazy good price. i won't just use them for trash.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 7, 2015
I am not sure why it is so hard to find compactor bags, but they certainly aren't carried in many of my local stores. This bag is made of a tough plastic that is thicker than your average trash bag. These bags are good quality and rarely allow seepage/leaks into the bottom of the compactor.

If the bag is heavy when you are taking out the trash/tying it up then the drawstring may occasionally, break away. Fortunately there is usually plenty of bag to just cinch together for carrying out.
on June 1, 2017
Ever since we got these our trash compactor acts up. They are thick and sturdy. May have to go back to store to get a small package of our old ones to see if compactor acts up. I can still use these in other trash cans around the house.
on August 9, 2016
I have a odd sized trash can that I found takes the 18 gallon compactor bags very well. Typically I purchase these a Home Depot (only place I can find them) I saw these and figured I would give them a shot. They seem not to be 18 gallon or at least they are not the same as the ones I have been purchasing. I will be going back to the ones from HD.
on January 30, 2017
These work way better than the ones from the manufacturer that cost 5x more. They fit tight on the compactor and don't slip. Way easier than putting the little pegs through the holes on the other bags. And the draw string makes it way easier to lift out and seal up. Way better and way less $. Wish we had switched to these years ago.
on April 11, 2017
These have worked well in our trash compactor. Previously we were using either the very expensive heavy duty plastic bags (with holes for securing on the "knobs" of our compactor) or the mildly less expensive paper bags with the plastic liner. These are less expensive, easier to tie-up/seal when removing, and have resulted in zero tears/spills/leaks so far (we have been using at a rate of 1 per week for the last 3 months).
on May 22, 2016
I decided to take a risk and try these plastic compactor bags out on my trash compactor despite the mixed reviews. I immediately regretted it. The bags jammed my compactor so significantly that it looks like I am going to have to hire a professional to clear it.

If you plan to used these for their intended purpose. Spare yourself and buy paper compactor bags. I have never had an issue with those in my machine.
on May 17, 2016
I'm so happy I took the chance on these! I had been using the heavy duty paper bags for a few years and when I went to reorder and saw how expensive they were I looked around for other options and came across these Kirkland Compactor Bags. They work great! They're durable - No rips, and they hold lots! Very economical price!
on July 20, 2017
One of the strings breaks every single time I try to tie them off. I've tried filing them less (which defeats the purpose of compactors)
and relieving pressure on the bag when I'm pulling the strings, but when the strings are pulled tight, one breaks. I'm dreading finishing the box that is spent good money to purchase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 3, 2017
These trash bags are great. I use them for a regular trash can that is larger than a normal kitchen size can. I really like how thick these bags are. They work great! Highly recommend