Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 27, 2013
i started to be a fan of this group by 1995, and i started to collect the cd's of this band, but unafortunately, this cd never was released where i live, so i sought in amazon, and immediately i decided to buy it, when i listened to, i was amazed, above all, the cd was delivered without any defect
on August 6, 2013
Being a fan of KISS since 1974 I was hesitant to even listen to this disc. But once I did I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of music, and I must say that this is one heck of a good disc.
on March 4, 2015
great album.fast delivery.
on May 9, 2015
great covers
on April 22, 2013
did not expect the quality of the cd to be this good. I was a bit skeptical at first but was proven wrong.
on September 18, 2010
These songs are better than the kiss versions. Shandis addiction is awesome. They should have made the entire tribute album.
on May 1, 2004
bought this for the toad version of rock all nite, what a great spin on a song I always hated, now it's my favorite, even paul stanley says it takes balls to change the song in to something different and it works!! if your a die hard kiss fan then maybe you can't deal with the differences but if you were never a big kiss fan some of these songs may catch on with you with the different sounds of other artists.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on November 4, 2013
I bought this cd for track 2. I'm a big GB fan and this was the only way I could get this song. Haven't heard the rest of it tho.
on January 4, 2002
Before the Box set, before the reunion tour...there was not much for the starving hardcore kiss fan to chew on besides their old classic tunes over and over...and we listened over and over. Then came KISS MY ASS! A fresh spin on some classic tunes! THIS Album ROCKED! I was skeptical about Garth Brookes; (but he did an awsome cover of Hard luck Woman!) Anthrax! The mighty Boss tones! The Gin Blossoms! Lenny Kravitz(covering Duece! Awsome)and even Toad the wet sprocket with a different spin on Rock and Roll all Nite! The track that floored me the most was the last one: a classical ochestral version of Black Diamond that was outstanding...incredible! Even if you are NOT a Kiss fan like I am; chances are you will enjoy this album on some level! Its a fun album any way you slice it!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on January 3, 2012
I love KISS and remember when this came out. People forget that KISS was barely in the spotlight at this time; they were just another weak, faceless hard rock band throughout the 80s and early 90s; a few decent songs but no better than Warrant or Cinderella. It was when the grunge rockers went public with how much they loved and were influenced by KISS that eventually led to the big comeback in the mid-90s, and they've (sorta) been on top ever since, at least as a revitalized money-making machine.
So I just found this for $2.99 at a used record shop and picked it up, and it definitely has some moments.
Deuce was really good, except it goes on a minute+ longer than necessary with all those 'yeah yeah yeahs'.
Hard Luck Woman is the best song on here, and I can't stand Garth Brooks.
She was fine; I have no problem with a straight ahead cover version, and they nail it.
I enjoyed Christine Sixteen and Plaster Caster; not familiar with the latter but I know the story.
Also enjoyed Detroit Rock City (big into the Bosstones at the time) and Goin Blind (still a big Dino Jr. fan).
But Rock and Roll All Night, Dr. Love and Strutter are just puzzling. Nothing wrong with trying to do something different, I guess, but they were hard to listen to. I guess that's a matter of taste. I actually liked Extreme at the time, or a couple years earlier, and they're version is still generic hard rock, just a little bit different. Dr. Love just didn't make any sense, but at least they kept the cowbell. Rock and Roll All Night sounded like a joke.
Black Diamond is one of my favorites, and I didn't mind the classical version. Check out the Replacements version on Let it Be if you've never heard it; pretty awesome.
So don't spend serious money on this. But if you love the band you'll probably like a few of the tunes.