Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 9, 2016
Bought this for my wife. She is TERRIBLE with math. Luckily, Danica McKellar has these books! They are easy to understand and for all ages. Give this book a try if you math is not your subject and you need to pass the class! You won't be dissapointed.

PROS

-Chapters are fun to read (like a novel) rather than boring (like a textbook)
-Explanations are fluid, to the point, and fun. Easy to understand
-Small enough to carry in purse without expending too much room
-No disappointments. Books is perfect for all ages
5 helpful votes
on June 2, 2016
Seriously love Danica for writing this series! Every book she's done - from "Math Doesn't Suck" to "Kiss My Math" and "Math X" are all amazing. She is funny, connects with her young readers and has this amazing way of explaining math concepts in a way that it's impossible not to understand! For example, reducing numbers to their factors using the "birthday cake" method. I LOVE THAT.

Although it's written to appeal to girls, boys can learn from it too if they can overlook the references to boy crushes, makeup, etc.

Thank you, Danica!
on November 10, 2016
Bought this for my child who was getting frustrated with Khan Academy and needed a different explanation to certain pre-algebra principles. She breezed through the book in a matter of weeks and enjoyed the chatty magazine-style approach. McKeller includes stories from other girls and women about their math struggles and success and who ultimately came to love math. The only drawback, in my opinion, is that this can not be used as a stand-alone since each section has fewer than 10 workable problems. The online supplementary material is useful and directs users to additional help.
on October 22, 2015
I received the book in great condition (as described). I found this book extremely helpful and find myself referencing back to it often. It really puts the mathematical equations/information in a format that is really easy to follow and understand. A lot of real life situations are used for examples, so no more saying "when am I ever going to use this information", I know I have said this many times over my educational career. This is a great intro book or could also be used as a refresher if you are like me and have been out of math class for awhile. This book exceeded my expectations, I would definitely recommend this to both high school and college students.
on May 9, 2017
My daughter was able to connect with this book. She struggled with math at first and has improved to gain A's in this area. the book is more than just talking about math. The author Danica, tells her story and struggles in school with more than math, but about boys, and friends and middle school etc. Great book to buy for you daughter.
on November 4, 2013
This made math fun! I had previously read some of the reviews and was a little worried about some of the people who said that Ms. McKellar made math slightly sexual. WHAT! I don't get it at all. This and the next book were the most innocent books around and the most helpful! It was very helpful where I think my daughter will need it. She hasn't read the books yet but I did and I love them! If you as an adult need help understanding math for yourself or so you can help your child this is your answer. I never understood algebra, I always struggled. The only reason I made it through and passed was because I had a wonderful wonderful teacher. I was blessed. My daughter is not and so here we are. I say thank you so much to Ms. McKellar for making math both easy and fun!
on March 15, 2017
I highly recommend this book, I found that she is able to teach what is behind the concepts, so you have a better understanding, and her method is easy to understand. I use this for my daughter as a guide, whenever she gets stuck.
on November 16, 2014
This book is really good, I am really love and also really enjoy of it, Danica Mckeller is publish and write this book so well and the content is good and he is given a really clear and specific example for teach the math and it is really interesting and inspire the people to learn the math, I think she is doing really well, it is also a really amazing things, help me to learn a lot and gain the math skill after I am finish the school long time ago and some of the things that I have been forget, it is really important and good to recommend to all the people for learn the math especially for someone who is not going to school for study and lack of math skill and qualification! <3 :)
on October 24, 2015
If you're having trouble with Math in grades 5 - 8 this book could be a big help.
Danica has a clever way of explaining things.
She makes difficult things easier to understand.
on July 19, 2017
I wish I could understand the frivolous point of view used to teach Math. It's sexist and demeaning at some point. Math strategies really common and weak.