Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Kissology Vol. 3 Bonus disc info. update*

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2007, 8:25:12 AM PST
Hoagie Mike says:
Sao Paulo, Brazil '94 -Best Buy exclusive
NYC 7/27/96 -Walmart exclusive
Irvine, CA Weenie Roast 6/15/96 -everywhere else

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007, 7:09:25 AM PST
Sheri says:
Thanks for the early info, Mike. If you were only buying one copy, which one would you buy? I'm torn between the Brazil show(Revenge was one of my favorite tours) and the NYC show.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007, 7:55:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2007, 8:39:55 AM PST
Hoagie Mike says:
This is the first Kissology set, where I want to get all 3 bonus discs.
I'll probably buy the Brazil '94 first.
~~
All are complete shows, pretty much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007, 10:02:41 PM PST
Sheri says:
Do you know if the NY show is pro-shot? I'm guessing the Brazil show is pro-shot, right? I'm really excited to see the COS studio stuff, just wish it was gonna be longer than the 6 minutes I've seen posted elsewhere. You think this last set of dvds will be the best of the series?....or does it just depend on which era a fan liked the most? I guess we're not going to get a complete music video collection from the boys, huh? No biggie...I'm happy with what they're releasing. I wonder if this 3rd installment will mark the end of KISS releases?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2007, 7:50:16 AM PST
Hoagie Mike says:
all the concerts are pro shot.
No way would they ever release a single cam job.
The Ritz' 88 may have been a single cam, but it was on a single pro cam /tri pod type deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2007, 11:16:44 AM PST
Always better to get the 94 show if only picking one.
The Revenge lineup is amazing and we're already getting a ton of 1996 - 2000 shows on this thing,
I need more Singer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2007, 7:39:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2007, 7:40:14 AM PST
Hoagie Mike says:
Yeah, I agree the Revenge line up was great...but the makeup Ace/Peter band is what sells more $$$. I like both eras of the band for different reasons, I guess.
I hope someday they at least release a Revenge '92 "club tour" show on dvd.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2007, 8:15:22 PM PST
Sheri says:
I just read on Kissonline that the bonus dvd from the KROQ show will have the full show, including "Cold Gin", for a total of 10 songs. I'm still leaning towards either the Brazil show or the NYC show. I wish they'd release a setlist for the NYC show. I know we're already getting a bunch of reunion stuff, but I'm also a huge Peter fan, so there 'ya go. I actually just found an old VHS boot of the Brazil show, but only 1/2 is pro-shot. It's a good show, but I've already got 2 or 3 other Revenge era boots. I dunno...guess I'll make my mind up when I wake up on Dec. 18th. I'm still waiting for a complete music video collection on dvd from KISS. Think that'll ever happen?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2007, 7:39:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2010, 10:03:32 AM PDT
Hoagie Mike says:
the NYC '96 bonus disc, setlist went sonething like this:
(not in exact order, but close)
~
Deuce
Cold Gin
Calling Dr. love
Watchin' You
Firehouse
Shout It Out Loud
Shock Me
Rock Bottom
Strutter
Let Me Go, Rock And Roll
God Of Thunder
New York Groove
100,000 Years
Love Gun
Black Diamond
Detroit Rock City
Beth
Rock And Roll All nite

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2007, 6:31:48 AM PST
Sheri says:
Hey Mike, thanks for the NYC setlist. Looks like a winner!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2007, 7:01:24 PM PST
Pottymouth says:
Mike, I did not see the comments section before (doh!) thx for all the advance info-makes life easier choosing which to disk to pick-im leaning heavily towards the 94 show myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007, 7:44:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2007, 7:45:13 AM PST
J.man says:
HEY MIKE...THANKS FOR THE WORLD OF KNOWLEDGE YOU BRING TO THE KISS ARCHIVE......IT'S REALLY GREAT TO GET THE INSIDE SCOOP....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007, 7:51:05 AM PST
Hoagie Mike says:
Your welcome.
Rock And Roll!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007, 2:46:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2007, 2:47:12 PM PST
J.man says:
HEY MIKE...DO YOU REALLY THINK THERE WILL BE 10 VOLUMES OF KISSOLOGY???? THAT SEEMS ALMOST UNOBTAINABLE....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007, 2:59:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2011, 11:22:50 AM PDT
Hoagie Mike says:
I really doubt they will end up releasing 10 DVD volumes of Kissology...but stranger things have happened.
Who knows? Maybe they will release just random, complete shows from the '96 thru '01 (Alive Worldwide, Psycho Circus and Farewell tours), because
every one of those live shows were archived on video tape. That would be over 300 concerts! How's that for a Kissology session? ! Ha Ha.
But knowing how they work, I'm sure they could figure out how to fill up 10 more volumes, or 7 more...
The only thing is this-I hope they don't make you buy stuff we already have, like complete versions of the Kissology Bonus discs from Vol. 1 & 2.
That would be cruel. It's like, "here's the KISSOLOGY Complete Collection 20 disc BOX SET!", containing all the volumes previously released plus one exclusive bonus disc: The Complete Largo, MD 1977- Capital Centre show, with all the songs which were cut out, of the first Volume's bonus disc version. As you can tell that Largo '77 concert is my favorite live dvd of all the bonus discs, and maybe my favorite of all the shows I've seen thru the years.

We'll see...for now... no complaints really.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007, 3:22:47 PM PST
J.man says:
well i hate to admit it...but gene will find stuff to release as long as there is money to make...will paul ever release his dvd of the live to win tour???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007, 4:01:05 PM PST
Hoagie Mike says:
I thought Paul did release a live dvd, didn't he?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2007, 1:34:46 AM PST
J.man says:
if paul did release a dvd for the live to win tour i must have missed it...i thought he taped the chicago show for release...but i havent seen it advertised anywhere to purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2007, 8:57:44 PM PST
Pottymouth says:
I agree with Jman's above comment-If these sell well (and Im sure they are) Gene will keep find a way to keep bringing out more goodies (or repackage) until the well runs dry-I can only imagine how much stuff he has saved-he s a savvy businessman.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2007, 9:23:23 AM PST
They should release all the VHS promo videos that were being sold at the 1995-1996 convention here in Los Angeles which ran from 1973-1983....remember those? Fans were selling those after the reunion as copies like "The Fight by night Special of 1983" also "Kids are people too, the introduction of Eric Carr 1980" also "Kiss destroys Anaheim 1976". All those good videos that were left out. Kiss claims they recorded every concert on video....where are they???? How about the actual Alive 1 footage from 1975.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2007, 1:15:51 PM PST
Hey everyone. On kissfaq.com, one of the members already retrieved a copy of Vol.3.
they put up an album of screencaps from every disc, even coventry. He's only got screencaps for one of the bonus discs, it's the KROQ weenie roast, it looks really cleaned up. You have to click on the subfolders though to get to all the discs.

Here's the link: http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/byfo/Kissology%203/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2007, 1:17:56 PM PST
E. H. Beavan says:
HI RODOLFO
I`M GLAD SOMBODY COME OUT WITH WHAT ABOUT ALIVE 75.IF YOU LOOK AT ALL 3 SETS AND YOU NO YOUR BOOTLEGS KISS HAVE PLAYED SAFE ALL THE COMPLET SHOWS ARE ON BOOTLEG THEY COUD HAVE PICKED OUTHER SHOWS LIKE ALIVE OR THE PHANTOM SHOWS 78 THE GARDEN 79(WE GET A VERRY CRAP LARGO 79).
AND WHAT ABOUT GENE & POUL ON MTV MOST WANTED 92 WITH GOING BLIND UNPLUGGED JUST THE TWO OF THEM FANTASSSTICK ENYONE REMEMBER THAT SHOW.
EDDIE

Posted on Mar 12, 2010, 11:34:31 AM PST
Hoagie Mike says:
Eddie, yeah the "Goin' Blind" acoustic version on Mtv was great- that was from '94 actually.
it's on youtube.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2007
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about