Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 23, 2014
This film is not just for children. It is a beautiful, charming, informative, poignant, and fun story set in the Great Depression in Cincinnati, in the home of a family trying to survive the hardships of the times. Beautifully acted by all the actors, this story is one you will want to see again and again and again, for its setting, its story, facts about the Worls Progress Administration, self-sufficiency, survival, "lessons" about empathy and tolerance, its humor, and its portrayal of people from all parts of society as they come together, thanks to spunky, bright young "reporter" Kit Kittredge. My favorite movie of its kind. Based on the delightful doll, Kit Kittredge, and her books, which are part of the American Doll collection, this is a film to see and share.
on April 20, 2016
This is a wonderful movie about not judging a book by its cover. If you are interested in the difficulties faced during the Great Depression, or what the world looked like during that time period, this is the movie. Wonderful to use in U.S. history class for 4-8 grades. I used in a High School Life Skills class after we studied the Great Depression in U.S. History class. It was a wonderful resource for the two hours we were back in class after a day at the Special Olympics.
on April 28, 2017
As a 1st grader, I think this is a very good movie because it teaches kids how hard it was doing the Great Depression and how people work together. I also liked how kids figured out the crime on their own without the help of the police, who blamed people who didn't have homes or family members for crimes they did not do.

-From the First Grade Film Reviewer
on June 14, 2017
my grandaughter has watched this a few times. wonderful
on May 30, 2017
My granddaughters say: nice movie
on June 24, 2017
Great move, came on time as expected
on April 24, 2017
love all ag movies
on November 20, 2015
A big part of why I give this 5 stars is because of how much my kids like this. Both my daughter who is into dolls and such, and my tomboy who won't have anything to do with it. This is a well acted, directed and written movie. Well worth a watch. It was also interesting enough for the parents to enjoy as well. Not just for American Girl doll fans. Enjoyable for most all kids, girls and boys alike.
on June 13, 2013
When my daughter came home from school saying "You NEED to watch this movie - it's AWESOME!!!" I was a little surprised. She is not a really huge American Girl fan, and frankly I thought the whole suite of movies & shows surrounding the doll collection was a tad on the cheesy side.

Although I still think my overall view is probably accurate for the majority of the American Girl movies, I was REALLY impressed with this movie. The story was well done, the budget fairly hefty, and the acting was actually quite good. I was VERY surprised with how much I enjoyed the story, and this is a must see for ANY family consisting of at least 1 girl :-)
on December 1, 2013
My 6 yr. old granddaughter loved this one too. She watched it from the library. Do again, an easy choice for a Xmas present. I love this and Nim's Island, both show young girls in a strong light. Give us more movies and girls like these! Please!