Kitchen Gizmo Sous Vide Immersion Circulator , Simplified Precision Cooker - Bonus Sous Vide Recipe Cookbook Included - Blue
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- EASY TO USE: Remarkably intuitive with predictable results. This is the easiest and most delicious way to prepare food.
- CREATE RESTAURANT QUALITY DISHES: Once only an option for high-end eateries you can now create perfectly cooked dishes that look and taste amazing!
- RELIABLE AND QUIET OPERATION: Fits almost any pot with our strong-grip clip. Cooks precisely and quietly with temperatures up to 194 F and a +/- margin of error of less than 1 F. ETL approved
- HIGH-END FEEL - LOW-END MAINTENANCE: Removable sleeve allows for easy cleaning. Choose the correct time and temperature easily with the smooth scrolling selection wheel.
- FREE BONUS: We included a cookbook with tried and true Sous Vide recipes for every dish that will impress you and your guests. For the more daring chef we have included a handy chart to help you figure out the right temperature and cook times.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Why choose Kitchen Gizmo!
- Easy-scroll selection wheel-effortlessly set the temperature and time.
- Touchscreen Control Panel-easily switch from °C to °F.
- Ergonomic Grip-durable rubberized coating gives you a comfortable hold.
- Indicator shows when the device is working, charging or if there is an error.
- Safety Feature-will only work when inserted in water above the Min level. If removed it will stop working.
- Removable stainless steel sleeve for easy cleaning.
- Powerful water circulator pumps 8 Liters per minute.
- 800 Watt reliable motor with a margin of error less than 1°F.
- ETL CERTIFIED
What is SOUS VIDE?
Traditionally when you cook/grill/bake, the heat is not quite predictable; you have to remove the food at the right moment to get the exact doneness you are looking for. It is a common occurrence for the food to vary from good to raw to burnt, even for professional chefs. Another issue with traditional cooking is that the heat only comes from the bottom leaving you with uneven results.
Sous Vide is completely different, it uses a heating element and a propeller to heat the water and circulate it around the pot, but that is just the basics. You can set an exact temperature and time so that you cannot go wrong. It is an amazingly easy process with astounding results!
Try it for yourself and see why everyone is raving about the Kitchen Gizmo Sous Vide Machine!
How to use Get perfect results in just three easy steps:
1. Clip the Kitchen Gizmo Sous Vide Circulator onto a pot or container. Add water to in between the Min and Max lines.
2. Place your food and all ingredients in a bag. Seal the bag and clip to the side of the pot.
3. Set the temperature and timer to the preferred setting.
That is it! Enjoy the best-cooked meal you have ever had.
You do not need an expensive vacuum sealing machine, just use the water displacement method. Slowly lower the bag with the ingredients inside and allow the water to push out all the air, then close the bag tightly. That is it!
Available in Red Grey and Blue. This is a fantastic addition to your kitchen that will forever change the way you view a home cooked meal.
Comes with both a cooking guide filled with fantastic recipes, and a temperature guide.
Amazing Gift Idea!
Do you have someone that love experimenting in the kitchen? How about an accomplished chef that would love an amazing new way to cook.
This is stunningly packaged and beautifully presented with step by step instructions.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are several things about this unit that I do like.
1. It has its own user interface, unlike so many other appliances where the designers decided that rather than build an interface, they would just write one in software and have the user connect to it with their smartphone. I really hate that design philosophy, so having a dedicated user interface is nice.
2. The device has a solid and finished feel to it, from its texture to its rigidity. The spring clamp does not open as much as I would like, preventing me from using it in an insulated cooler, but it does hold firmly enough to a pot wall.
3. I don’t know how loud others of this type of device are, but the one I got was totally silent. Now, I must admit, my hearing isn’t what it used to be, but I had to look to see the ripples on the surface of the water to make sure the pump was circulating, even when I was directly adjacent the device.
4. I really like that the timer does not start until the water bath reaches the set temperature.
Unfortunately, there are a number of drawbacks to this particular circulator as well.
1. While it is nice that the device has its own dedicated control interface, it could really use some improvement. I am not able to determine if it uses micro-switches, capacitive sensing, or what to detect user input on either the power or the temperature/time buttons. And the little wheel seems really cheesy. I have to really press hard to get the buttons to respond, and I don’t detect any movement at all. I find this to be very frustrating. I did see this mentioned in the 1, 2 and 3 star reviews but not in the 4 star reviews. The 5 star reviews seem to suggest the buttons work well (but I must admit, I did not read all of them).
2. It also starts up asking you to select either °F or °C every single time it powers up. For example, when you plug it in, it turns on and remembers the units (F or C) that you used last time. So even if you’re not going to change units, you still have to press the power button to "reconfirm" your selection and then press Temp/time button to advance to where you can enter the temperature and time. Once the units are chosen (e.g., the last time you used it), it should go right into the temp/time setup directly when you plug it in.
3. Once the selected time is up, the circulator stops maintaining the bath temperature. One of the benefits of sous vide cooking is that if you aren’t able to get to the food at exactly the end of your expected cooking time, a little extra time will usually not have much of an effect. But if the unit shuts off at the programmed time, the water bath starts to cool, and cools your food down too.
As to temperature accuracy, I don't have a good enough standard to compare it to. The first pic shows my individual unit set to 140 degrees; my Farberware meat thermometer reads 142; a generic dandy-deep fry thermometer reads 140, maybe 141; a Good Cook meat thermometer reads142; and my ThermPro meat thermometer reads 139. Of course, every one of these thermometers and the circulator itself were all made in China. But it's good enough for me.
If I had to do it all over, I would likely buy this circulator again, mostly because I really despise having to use my phone or tablet to control an appliance as so many of the others do; but I really wish they would improve the buttons on this thing. The dysfunction of the buttons, in my opinion, is the most significant deficiency that this circulator has.
To sum it up, I have been quite pleased with this device. The display is large and bright, the clip seems to grip fine to the pots I've used it on so far, and it's very easy to use.
The ease of use is actually one of the things I'm most happy about because I was going back and forth trying to decide between this and the Gourmia GSV140 and many people commented on how difficult and non-intuitive that one was to use. The Kitchen Gizmo, on the other hand, is so easy to use that I used it the first time without even reading the instructions. Every button flashes in sequence when it's time to press it (setting the timer, pressing the power button to start it, etc.). The only thing I had trouble figuring out is that you have to hold the power button for 3 seconds to turn it off (but unplugging it works too!). Another nice thing (for someone living in the US anyway) is that it defaults to Fahrenheit, but if you want to change it to Celsius it will retain that setting the next time you turn it on, whereas the Gourmia defaults to Celsius and you have to press two buttons simultaneously to change it every time.
One thing I was concerned about when deciding between the Gourmia and this one was that this one operates at 800W and the Gourmia operates at 1200W. I was thinking I would have to wait a significant amount of time longer to get the water up to temperature. Let me tell you, that is not something you need to be concerned about. I found that if I simply fill up a pot with hot water from the faucet, the temperature is already so close to where I need it that it only takes literally about 2 minutes to get it up to the right level (138 degrees when cooking a steak, for example). I'm not sure how well it would do if starting with cold water or if using a much larger container, but for my needs (cooking for 2) this works great.
There's one minor drawback I've found, which is that it doesn't beep when the water has reached the target temperature. But again, this really isn't much of a problem because it gets to temperature so fast (as long as you start with hot water from the faucet) that it will be ready by the time you finish getting your meat seasoned and vacuum sealed. And it does beep when the timer runs out by the way.
Most recent customer reviews
It is now early March.Read more
I am trying to cook oxtail on a setting of 24 hours at 180 degrees.Read more