Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Kitchen Supply 14-Inch x 16-Inch Aluminum Pizza Pe..." and save 40% off the $28.50 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Kitchen Supply 14-Inch x 16-Inch Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $7.75. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Aluminum Head with a Wooden Handle all Made in the USA,Aluminum head with rounded corners is 14-inch wide by 16-inch long with a 8-inch wooden handle.
- Transfer pizzas, delicate breads, pastries, into an oven where transferring them directly by hand could deform their delicate structure
- Peels allow food to be placed further back in an oven than could normally be reached by the baker
- Keep the baker's hands out of the hottest part of an oven, or prevent the baker from burning their hands on the hot baked goods
- Prior to use, peels are often sprinkled with flour, cornmeal, or milled wheat bran, to allow baked goods to easily slide onto and off them
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||MAU Brands||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Checkered Chef|
|Color||Silver||Aluminum||Silver||Aluminum w/wood handle||Aluminum w/wood handle||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||14 x 28 x 1.25 in||14 x 25 x 1 in||14 x 28 x 1 in||16 x 33 x 1 in||22 x 42 x 1 in||15.94 x 1.97 x 9.84 in|
A pizza peel is a shovel-like tool used by bakers to slide loaves of bread, pizzas, pastries, and other baked goods into and out of an oven. It is usually made of wood, with a flat carrying surface (like a shovel's blade) for holding the baked good and a handle extending from one side of that surface. Alternatively, the carrying surface may be made of sheet metal, which is attached to a wooden handle. The word presumably derives from the French pelle, which describes both a peel and a shovel. There are peels of many sizes, with the length of the handle suited to the depth of the oven, and the size of the carrying surface suited to the size of the food it is meant to carry (for instance, slightly larger than the diameter of a pizza).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Dough sticks to this less, but it still sticks so precautions are still necessary, such as not leaving dough to sit on this thing while the oven heats up. As it's thinner than wood, it's much easier to fish stuff back out of the oven.
I got what I wanted, basically, an upgrade from wood. It's no substitute for knowing how to really use a peel, but I'm glad i got it.
2 YEAR UPDATE: Still great. Has peeled many pizzas.
The size of the peel and it's long handle did pose a storage problem but I solved that by keeping it on top of my rack to hang my pots and pans on. I would recommend this.