Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Kitchen Supply 14-Inch x 16-Inch Aluminum Pizza Pe...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 55% off the $28.50 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Kitchen Supply 14-Inch x 16-Inch Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Aluminum Head with a Wooden Handle all Made in the USA,Aluminum head with rounded corners is 14-inch wide by 16-inch long with a 8-inch wooden handle.
- Transfer pizzas, delicate breads, pastries, into an oven where transferring them directly by hand could deform their delicate structure
- Peels allow food to be placed further back in an oven than could normally be reached by the baker
- Keep the baker's hands out of the hottest part of an oven, or prevent the baker from burning their hands on the hot baked goods
- Prior to use, peels are often sprinkled with flour, cornmeal, or milled wheat bran, to allow baked goods to easily slide onto and off them
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Kitchen Supply 14-Inch x 16-Inch Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Checkered Chef||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||14 x 28 x 1.25 in||15.94 x 1.97 x 9.84 in||14 x 28 x 1 in||9.84 x 2.36 x 27.32 in|
|Material Type||aluminum||NULL||aluminum||Stainless Steel, Wood|
A pizza peel is a shovel-like tool used by bakers to slide loaves of bread, pizzas, pastries, and other baked goods into and out of an oven. It is usually made of wood, with a flat carrying surface (like a shovel's blade) for holding the baked good and a handle extending from one side of that surface. Alternatively, the carrying surface may be made of sheet metal, which is attached to a wooden handle. The word presumably derives from the French pelle, which describes both a peel and a shovel. There are peels of many sizes, with the length of the handle suited to the depth of the oven, and the size of the carrying surface suited to the size of the food it is meant to carry (for instance, slightly larger than the diameter of a pizza).
Top Customer Reviews
As far as pizza sticking on it - simply flouring the peel works. I tend to not like an overly-floured pizza crust, so I generally just put a piece of parchment paper on it and slide boht the pizza and parchment into the oven. After about 1 minute cooking, the parchment can be pulled right out of the oven and the pizza stays put on the stone.
Ive used this for pizza, bread, etc. Happy I went this route
Having a preheated pizza stone (450 degrees) really makes a big difference in your pizza, and rustic breads too, and there is no way to get the pizza or bread in the preheated oven except with a peel. Great purchase! PS don't forget to take the protective plastic off the peel before using it.