Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on May 22, 2016
The machine works great, however I'm very unhappy that you can't pull the plastic lid pieces apart to wash. Food particles get stuck inside the plastic lid and there is no way to wash this away. I only had this for a couple of months and the food that was stuck inside is now getting all moldy. Kitchen Aid designers please resolve this issue!!!!
review imagereview image
88 comments| 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 20, 2016
I've gone through so many of the smaller food choppers, not really wanting to spend money on something I should just be able to do for free with knives I already own. BUT, I finally laid out a little more, not much, for this KitchenAid chopper and am really happy with it! The first thing I did was toss an onion in, to dice it for some sauce I was making. I worried the onion might become too liquid or the pieces too small, but in fact it was perfectly diced for my needs (see photo). I've also put this to use making salsa and it does a great job with that, perfectly chopping the onion, tomato, cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno, retaining the chunkiness while still blending the flavors. I like the size of the bowl, too - just big enough to toss in a can or two of tomatoes to make salsa!
It does take a little getting used to, not having a handle to hold onto when tightening down or taking off the bowl. I think it's actually a benefit to not have the handle, though- makes storage of the processor much easier as it is more streamlined.
review image
on April 22, 2014
I have had mixed results with Kitchenaid products lately but this chopper has been working great.

I'm not much for specialized appliances - I usually just chop by hand. I got it to mince asparagus for my cat (he now lacks teeth) and I got tired of doing it manually, but I wound up using it so much that my cutting board gets much less use now. It's great for pizza toppings, soup, etc. If you precut veggies into 1-2 inch pieces and use short bursts, you can get just about any size pieces you like, down to a fine mince. If you want large pieces you just have to be quick, because it's very fast.

It can also make GREAT hash browns, with potatoes, red or green peppers, onions, etc. So flavorful due to the fine chop. I just put it in a convection toaster oven at 400 with a little olive oil and bake it, stirring a few times, very easy.

Disassembly/reassembly is very easy and usually I just run the parts under water to clean, giving it a soapy wash every week or two. I haven't had any issues with the gasket coming off (as another reviewer said).

Also makes great salsa and guacamole.

I've used this at least once a day for 8 months, for things as hard as carrots and broccoli stems, and as soft as mushrooms and tomatoes. I use short bursts, and the motor seems ample. Nice size, but I'm not sure how it would handle heavy liquids, which may be a bit much for the motor - I wouldn't treat this as a food processor. It's a chopper.
22 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 12, 2017
I had this same Food Chopper for years and it finally broke. First I ordered the Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor but returned it. The Cuisinart does not really hold 4 cups of liquid. In fact the center post is shorter than the Kitchen Aid. That was the reason I tried the Cuisinart- to get a little extra room, but it's not really more usable space. Also, the Cuisinart had a very cheap feel to it. The clear plastic container felt thin.
This little guy is solid, attractive and has 2 speeds that are usable, (not like the forward and backward feature of the Cuisinart). I use it a lot for hummus, pastry dough, chopping vegetables for salsa, pesto. It makes smooth hummus. You might be able to get it a little smoother with a good quality blender, but this does a good job.
Some folks mention problems with being unable to clean the lid adequately. I wash it in soapy water and let clear water run through and don't find it to be a problem.
on December 31, 2015
Looks great and works fine. One design flaw drawback is this: after using and then cleaning, the lid traps moisture between the buttons that operate the chopper and the plastic housing of the lid. The lid does not separate from the buttons, so there is no way to dry the captured remaining moisture.
The moisture present was still there the next day. Perhaps the moisture could become stagnant??
I caught this flaw the first day. How could KitchenAid miss this?
on January 30, 2016
Works good. Tho I have arthritis would not recommend it for anyone with arthritis or hand problems I have ordered another brand that I can use. This is a counter ornament. Only. When package came was open and a bit smushed but product was fine and was 2 days late from original order also. I LOVE the looks but no handle so again not usable for me. Kitchen aid needs to revise this product for usefulness not how pretty it is. If u can't use it is worthless
on December 6, 2015
I am so disappointed in this machine, which broke while chopping cheese, a mere 8 months after I purchased it. I probably used the machine less than 15 times in total.

Pros: it is small and powerful, and before it broke, I loved this aspect of it

Cons: it broke while performing a typical task
it only has one blade and two modes: puree and chop
22 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 21, 2016
I just purchased my 'second' Kitchen Aid food chopper! What you need to know is, I had my FIRST one over twelve years!! I used it all the time for everything! The ONLY reason I needed to buy a second one was, I accidently threw out the blades along with a bunch of vegetable peelings! I can truthfully say, I have never used ANY product that warrants the exception rating I would give this one! The casing held up well, the blades continued to chop well, it worked as well at the 12 year point as it did from day one and I am sort of a careless user, I don't 'baby' the things I buy.
on December 17, 2016
For chopping/ pureeing a SMALL amount of something without having to lug out a larger appliance this is GREAT. It is smaller than I imagined 3.5 cups would be, however I was able to chop a pack of Oreos for holiday baking with no problem, it just took 3 fills. This is very powerful and shakes around if you do not have a firm grip while in use. It was easy to clean, although the power buttons are on the top of the lid & it states in the instruction book it is safe to wash this in the dishwasher (top rack). There is one complaint, and that is that the bowl is pretty difficult to remove due to the fact there is nothing to grip. I literally had to pick the whole thing up and hold it to my chest / twist to remove. It is a very poor design, too large to get a grip on without some type of handle. For the $20 I paid because apparently hot pink was not a popular color I am very happy with my purchase. It is worth some extra effort to take it apart.
on October 30, 2016
This is a perfect size for every day jobs. I can quickly chop veggies to be added to recipes - giving me more time to do other things. I agree that the lid has some issues - with water getting between the clear and black plastic parts. I'm careful to be sure it's rinsed very well after hand washing and then let it sit at an angle to drain out any remaining water. It's usually ready to go back in the cupboard by morning. It's takes very little additional effort and isn't a deal breaker for me.