KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1-1/4-, 2-1/2-, and 3-1/2-quart covered saucepans; 8-quart covered stockpot; and 8- and 10-inch skillets
- Stainless-steel construction with aluminum/copper base core for fast, even heating
- Polished 18/10 stainless-steel riveted handles provide a confident grip
- Tempered glass lids trap in heat, moisture, and nutrients
- Oven-safe to 500 degrees F; limited lifetime warranty; dishwasher-safe
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||WeLOC (We Love Our Customers)||Super Deal|
|Item Dimensions||14 x 23.5 x 12.63 in||14.2 x 24.2 x 10.7 in||13.9 x 23.7 x 12 in||24 x 10 x 12.75 in||—|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||stainless-steel||Aluminum||Stainless Steel|
|Number of Pieces||10||1||10||12||17|
|Size||10 Piece||12-Piece Set||10-Piece||12 Piece||17 Piece|
Our large set is the best way to invest in pans. This set is made for cooks who appreciate beauty and performance. With big pans like an 8 Qt. stockpot you'll be ready to entertain. Made of stainless steel and an aluminum/copper core it heats evenly.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I recently bought this set (January 2012) and I am fully satisfied with this purchase.
I am not a big online shopper, so was quite apprehensive particularly about the quality and feel of the pots. For example, are they heavy enough?, or will they wobble on a glass cook-top? etc.
I read up about 10 stainless steel sets in this price range and their reviews on amazon and finally decided to buy this one, and I think I made a good decision.
So far I have used them to saute vegetables, make curries, simmer milk, make omlettes etc. Here is my experience with them and other things I noticed, in no particular order:
1. The look and polish is beautiful and rich. Very easy to clean as well. Some soaking is needed of course.
2. They are heavy and solid, so food won't burn if it is cooked at medium heat.
3. I did not have good experience with making omlettes even with enough oil, so ended up making scrambled eggs out of them- which was okay. I think I will continue using my non-stick for this purpose.
4. About leaking handle rivets- I only checked one of the pots for this and it did leak a little bit. Personally, there is no way I will normally fill the pot so high up anyway.
5. The handles stay cool.
6. There are no vents in the lids though. Enough space for the steam to escape from the sides/underneath the lid.
7. There are no dedicated lids for skillets. The lid of 3.5 quart saucepan fits the 8-inch skillet.
8. I think for the price I paid (seller: amazon), I am very very happy. I know these will last a long long time in my home.
Hope this helps.
The rivets that attach the handles to the pans are located high on the sides of the pans. If you fill a pot clear up to the rivets, you'll have lots of splashes and spatters as you cook and stir. The easy solution? Use a bigger pot! No spatters, and no leaks.
Out of curiosity, when I was washing mine prior to use I did fill them up over the rivets, and no leaks on my set.
So, a little more on the set in general. I purchased this as a replacement for my 35 year old Revereware, which was wobbly on my new glass induction stove. Also wanted to get rid of the nonstick stuff for health reasons. This is perfect, very stable, great heat conduction, glass lids fit well and make it easy to monitor cooking. A joy to use, and on top of that they look gorgeous.
My suggestion is to notice the cooking hints in these reviews, and to google "cooking with stainless steel cookware" for more hints. With a few minor tweaks to my cooking techniques (which admittedly had gotten sloppy over the years), clean up is a breeze. The basics: heat it dry on 5 for 5 minutes, add butter or oil to hot pan, turn the heat down to 3 and cook more slowly than you may have been doing. Perfect eggs, veggies, grilled cheese sandwiches etc. Then when you're putting the meal on the table, let the pans cool a bit, give a quick swish with a nylon scrubbie, and add warm soapy water before you sit down to eat. After the meal, they clean as easily as nonstick cookware. So easy!
I also ordered the 1.75 qt pot and 4.75 qt pan with helper handle, and these will probably get more use than some of the items in the 10 piece set.
Absolutely love my new cookware!
I have had stainless steel pans for several decades without any problems. This set has been a disaster.
Most recent customer reviews
1. Equal distribution of heat
2. Handles are ergonomic and cold to touch
3. Easy to clean