Industrial Deals Magazine Deals Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 31, 2016
I can't believe I suffered for years using the plain-metal beater that came with my KitchenAid mixer. I bake a lot of common things---brownies, cakes, cookies---and the standard metal beater does a terrible job at incorporating the ingredients from the sides and bottom of the bowl. The flexible rubber edge on this beater serves perfectly to act as a spatula, so I don't have to manually do the scraping. It's hard to believe that just the slight increase (see photo) in size and form could make such a difference, but it does!
review image
0Comment| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 16, 2012
After reading the reviews from those who received a beater in a plastic bag rather than the retail packaging when ordering from a third party seller here, I opted to order from another merchant (not Seneca River Trading) with fulfillment by Amazon since I am an Amazon Prime member and the beater wasn't available for direct purchase from Amazon. I thought that maybe, since Amazon is actually storing and shipping the product and nothing stated otherwise, that I would receive something in its original retail packaging as if I'd purchased it directly from Amazon... Mine also came in a Whirlpool FSP plastic bag, but Whirlpool does own KitchenAid. (I did check the extra info for the item from the other merchants offering the beater, and as of writing this, only one stated that the beater would be packaged in plastic bag rather than retail packaging.)

I ended up going to a brick & mortar store to buy the beater at its $29.99 retail price in order to compare the two. There are other listings on Amazon for the very same beater where it is clear you're getting the manufacturer's replacement part rather than something in retail packaging. These listings do use Whirlpool's replacement part number rather than the KitchenAid retail model number. I just wish other merchants would be more forthcoming with this information. If it's not in retail packaging, just say so. Regardless, for saving about 40% off the retail price, I don't miss the extra packaging.

That said, the beaters look and feel practically identical. (For those that are still suspicious, there are similar part and packaging numbers on the plastic bag packaging as well as the plastic shell holding the beater in the retail packaging and the retail box itself.) I have already used the beater I purchased here, and it seems just fine. In fact, it's great. The beater works just as it should. Every ingredient I had in the bowl incorporated easily, and I didn't have to scrape down the sides or bottom at all.
review imagereview image
44 comments| 450 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2017
Good while it lasted but didn't hold up well. I don't bake often so this has been used less than a dozen times in the last year. It's already chipping and leaving paint chips in my food. Super disappointed! I thought buying the name brand would mean quality.. Guess not.
on June 5, 2017
The fact is, this beater acquisition rocked my world! However, durability is an issue. I purchased the Flex Edge in 2014 but I use it rarely. Enamel is already chipping off in 3 places - see photos.

I am one of those who loves the Kitchenaid but don't use it to it's full ability. I probably use it twice a month. I usually am making either cookies or muffins. I use the Flex Edge for both. I store all of the beaters in the bowl. I wash the flex-edge in the dishwasher (top shelf, no heated dry).

So, while the concept is nice, execution is an issue. I'll accept that the chip on the side was probably my fault. But, the chips that started at the attachment point and at the seam between silicone and enamel toward the tip, I feel would be difficult to cause by user error.

As per Kitchenaid customer service chat: One year is the replacement guarantee. After 1 year, you can order it for $29.99 instead of $39.99.

Now to decide whether to buy another...
review imagereview imagereview image
I've been using this for a few years and I'm an extremely avid home baker; I probably use this a few times a day. However, it doesn't really accomplish it's goal - to make your life easier by not having to scrape down the bowl every few minutes. (I'll explain why I like it in a moment, but I don't think my situation applies to most people). The problems with this beater are two-fold. The main problem is that it doesn't actually require less scraping. It collects dough all along the rubber side. This happens 100% of the time with every single thing that is mixed in this mixer, between every step of every recipe that I've ever used it for. The material that collects there is always a different texture/color than everything else and doesn't get mixed in. So what you have to do is remove the beater from the machine, scrape a spatula down the side of that rubber, and then continue with your mixing. And because it doesn't do a perfect job scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl - though much better than a regular beater - I often end up scraping down the sides too. No time saved at all.

The second problem with this beater blade is that it splashes. That's been mentioned a lot, and it's true. If you have a normal sized recipe's batter and are going above speed 2 on your mixer, it's going to splash and spill everywhere, sending batter flying. Not just in the beginning, if you crank up the speed on your mixer too quickly, but the entire time. You really can't use this beater without the Kitchenaid pouring shield. Just try; I dare you ;) Now you have an extra piece of equipment that you have to store and wash every time (unless you already use it every time).

However, there is one thing about this beater blade that works really, really well. It does a great job with small batches of things. I divide recipes by two or four all the time, and whenever I do, I always reach for this beater blade. Sometimes you just don't have enough material in a mixing bowl for the beater to grab onto, and in that case, this beater does a MUCH better job. I have a 5 quart mixing bowl that I grab, along with this beater, for any of those jobs. And best part: with the small amount of ingredients in there, it doesn't splash! Er, hardly ever. And it can mix just about anything. [For REALLY tiny jobs, I actually use a Pyrex 2 cup measuring cup and my Kitchenaid hand mixer - works great!]

For regular mixing jobs, this doesn't do the job it is advertised to do. For small quantities, it's great.
22 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 10, 2017
This is a great idea: add a spatula to the mixer blade. Except, after only a few months of use, the spatula part is cracked and broken. I'm not sure if this needs to be a better material or what but it's pretty clear that in a couple of more months, I will be going back to the good old fashioned hands driven spatula and standard mixing blade. This was a lot of money for a few months use.
review image
on December 31, 2016
It would not fit on my mixer. My model number was listed but it will not go on. As you can see from the pictures, it gets to the point of the knob but won't let me push up to twist and secure it. So frustrating. I bought from Amazon (not third party) and was the KitchenAid brand. Nothing we tried would work and it got stuck a few times. Not happy.
on January 9, 2018
It looks great I want to use it but I can’t get it on the head of the artisan KitchenAid mixer. Now in all fairness the wire beater that came attached to the artisan KitchenAid mixer took forever to get off they told me I had to soak it with hot towels put oil in it for hours and I finally got it off but this head and it isn’t even come close to going on there so I don’t know whether it’s not for the artisan because it doesn’t specifically spell that makes her out or what I would’ve thought they all had the same shaft on them
on October 19, 2014
If you are considering this or the Metro beater blade, you will be much happier with the Metro. It scrapes the sides of the bowl much better than this product, which is surprising, as this is made by KitchenAid. The Flex edge beater also does not reach the bottom of the bowl, and the Metro beater does. Go with the Metro, as I consider this one a waste of money.
22 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2017
I loved this, until it broke a month later. The rubber cracked on both sides after using the beater attachment a dozen times. I double checked and the beater attachment was dishwasher safe. Tried to contact the seller for a replacement a month ago but the email was returned to me via Amazon.
review imagereview imagereview image