Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 9, 2015
Total junk, complicated to use, and broke within 12 months of light use. The select a slice is worthless, the motor is very weak, and the motor takes a 5-10 seconds to get up to speed versus the Cuisinart that starts virtually instantly. While I'm an engineer by trade, the pieces are very complicated, way more than is necessary for this type of equipment, leading to the premature breakage (too many pieces something is bound to break). The last straw was when the select a slice "feature" completely broke, the disk is very wobbly now, so that all slices are at least 3/8" thick or more.

The only thing I liked about this is the capacity. So I went out today and purchased a Cuisinart to replace it. This unit is simply not worth replacing, because it was bad from the start.
on April 2, 2016
I got this because ATK recommended it, and my old Cuisinart DC10 was finally starting to give out. I loved the idea of having a smaller workbowl option to use - then this one piece could replace both my old DC10 and my old Osterizer blender with the small workbowl. The best I can say is that it's OK. If you use the small workbowl, you still have to wash the medium and large bowls because there will be some splash/dust on their rims. The plastic isn't very sturdy. It's brittle and has started to crack at the stress points where the pieces lock together. After a couple of years, I've gotten used to the way it chops, but it doesn't seem to do the even job that the DC10 did. I have to cut things into smaller pieces and just do a couple of quick pulses to get a medium chop that doesn't end up liquefying half the contents.
on January 14, 2014
I bought this food processor about 6 years ago from Amazon. It still works and looks like new. The base is heavy and has rubber feet, so the processor never moves around. The attachments are great, too. It's easy to clean. I did have a problem with the first one I ordered: After a few uses, the blade froze on the shaft and I could not get it to release. That meant that I could not get the contents out. (I didn't have anyone to hold the entire machine and tilt it while I scraped out the contents.) I reported this and they sent me another one that same day via 2-day express or some swift service. I love this machine! KitchenAid is selling newer models and I cannot speak about those. But this model and service have been excellent. I have other KitchenAid tools and equipment and all are work horses. My KitchenAid stand mixer is 21 years young and works like new. I also have the KitchenAid blender. Wow! It works great, too. Powerful. Easy to clean.
Enthusiast: Cookingon November 2, 2013
Great quality. I use it all the time with no issues. It was recommended by Cook's Illustrated because other food processors have issues such as having feed tubes that are an awkward fit for food, inconsistent chopping sizes, etc. This brand/model has none of those issues. I love having the mini bowl for smaller jobs. I probably could use it even more than I do, but still tend to chop most things with my chef's knife. I use this to cut butter into pastry all the time, though. For really liquidy items, it leaks, but this is my first food processor so I'm not sure if that's normal or just a defect on my machine.
on December 22, 2014
I wanted to post this review as a warning in this time of year when more folks are making baked goods than usual.

DO NOT attempt to use this machine to make a double pie crust.

Despite the claim that the large bowl holds 12 cups, half that much flour, 1/2 cup of cubed shortening and 1/2 cup of cubed butter rendered this machine useless.

The KA "Support" person advised me it is "likely" that this volume of ingredients caused the blade to fuse to the bottom of the bowl such that it could not be removed.

When I pointed out a second time that the volume of ingredients was barely half the advertised capacity, she had no insight but did offer me a coupon off a new KA which I politely declined (okay, probably not very politely.)

I used this machine pretty infrequently which makes it feel like an even worse investment. Buyers beware and consider Cuisinart!
on August 1, 2012
This KitchenAid product is what my spouse wanted. I wanted another brand. I think this foodProcessor was the better choice. It is solid and has enough weight to keep it stationary when pulsing with one hand. The washable parts fit nicely in the dishWasher.

The warranty is what we really like. Page 23 (English) has the usual "lawyer" speak. Page 24 (English)says, "We're so confident the quality of our product meets the exacting standards of KitchenAid that, if your Food Processor should fail within the first year of ownership, KitchenAid will arrange to deliver an identical or compatible replacement to your door free of charge and arrange to have your original food processor returned to us." It does not stop there and continues, "Your replacemenht unit will be covered by our one year limited warranty."

We have had fun playing with the unit to learn how well it fits into our way of cooking and the foods we use. So far, the fit is perfect.

Cleaning is easy. Rinse after use. A small flat tootPick gets the occassional jammed/stuck piece of food in the slicer blades. The dishwasher makes it sanitary for storage and the next use. BTW, handWashing is also easy.

We also got the extra blades.

The biggest problem with the unit is its ABILITY to prepare more food than we can eat in a reasonable period of time. This means our testing of all the various pieces is somewhat limited and will have to be done over an extended period.

If you get one, we think you will be very, very, pleased with your purchase.
on December 22, 2010
Three years ago I decided to replace my old 7 cup Cuisinart Food Processor for the spiffy, beautiful new Kitchen Aid. After all, I had a Kitchen Aid mixer and it was a real work-horse. I used this processor for a little over a year and it failed when it was one week out of warranty. I was using the slicing disk and I could not get the lid-cover to engage the safety latch. The machine was dead. I noticed that the plastic on the lid cover was broken. I liked the machine so much that I replaced it with another Kitchen Aid (same model) on December 11, 2009. I noticed that the bowl cover design had changed and I figured that Kitchen Aid had improved the design and I was happy. On December 17th (you guessed it - one week out of warranty) the same thing happened to the second machine! I have given up on Kitchen Aid food processors. This is a very flimsy machine. It is made from cheap plastic that breaks under moderate use. It's almost as though it has a computer chip in it that causes it to self destruct after the year is up. When this Processor broke I needed one immediately for a party I was having. I went to Williams-Sonoma and decided to return to Cuisinart. My new machine has a 20-year warranty on the motor and three years on the parts. What does that tell you about the quality of the machine? Bye-bye Kitchen Aid. You were beautiful and classy on the outside but cheap and trashy on the inside. I'll not waste any more time on you! Beware this machine. Her beauty is only skin deep.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on April 20, 2015
Purchased this in 2009. As others have mentioned, the short inner stem make loading to capacity problematic and often messy. After around 4 years, cracks began to appear in both the bottom bowl handle and the top locking mechanism. Both areas are also very difficult to get clean. The inside of the chopping blade is extremely difficult to get clean; I resorted to using bleach to sanitize the deep recesses. When using the slicing discs, material tended to build up more in the front of the bowl rather than being evenly distributed necessitating more frequent emptying if making large batches. Finally, after almost exactly 6 years the handle on the bottom bowl broke. Trying to locate a color matching replacement is almost impossible unless I want to pay $60 plus shipping. The combined cost of a replacement top and bottom bowl is more than half of what a new 13 cup processor is selling for on Amazon. The question is, do I stay with KitchenAid or try Cuisinart?
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 25, 2012
Seems like most of the glowing reviews are from people who have just purchased and began using this FP. However, over time this unit has revealed a major flaw. About 6-8 months after purchasing this guy, the handle on the bowl began to "crumble." By crumble, I mean the white plastic that houses the safety mechanism on the handle simply started to crack and fall off. This unit is rated as "dishwasher safe," and I did put it in the dishwasher, always on the top rack. Even worse, I probably used the thing twice a month. So, that's failure after fewer than twenty uses/washes. Fortunately, this happened the first time while in warranty. Quick and easy replacement by Kitchenaid was the only plus in this episode. UNFORTUNATELY, after receiving a brand new unit, and after the warranty is long gone, the same exact thing is happening. Although the cracking/breakage doesn't actually affect the integrity of the bowl, it will eventually cause the safety mechanism not to engage. At that point the food processor will likely be unusable, unless I take steps to override the safety mechanism by shoving a toothpick into the little hole under the bowl handle. Someone at Kitchenaid needs to wake up and do something about this. After reading the reviews on Amazon about their crummy stand mixers (failure with anything exceeding light use), I am steering clear of this brand for good. A real dissapointment!
on February 24, 2013
It is very powerful and I have really enjoyed having it. My one complaint is that you have to be very careful when chopping stuff, especially meat, or it will pulverize it to mush. Oh yeah, and it is heavy! Not necessarily a bad thing, but you definitely want to find a home for it on the counter instead of taking it up and down for use. I also wish the lid on the storage box for the attachments actually latched. I have to tilt it a little to get it into the cabinet I store it in and it is a bit tricky to keep the lid on. I also dislike that the safety mechanism insists that the pusher is 1/2 way down into the shoot before it will activate. You can't put nearly as much in the shoot as it looks like you can. But all the above are minor things. It works great and I am really glad I bought it!
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.