KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions Stainless Steel 16-1/2-Inch Polished Roaster with Rack
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A mirror polished durable stainless steel finish inside and out makes this roaster beautiful as well as functional.
- Handles are riveted securely to the side of the roaster for a confident transfer in and out of the oven.
- Raise roasting meats out of fats and oils with a strong, professional meat rack.
- The handles rotate up allowing you to safely and easily lift the rack and food out of the roaster, and rotate down for easy storage.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Exquisite piece you'll want to take out and use often. Beautiful enough to go from the oven to your table. Made of durable stainless steel for long lasting beauty and luster. Rack allows you to conveniently lift roast or turkey out of the pan.
Top Customer Reviews
The rack was a pleasant surprise... it is very sturdy, and fits snugly in the pan - elevating contents at an appropriate height, but cradling them in a slightly rounded rack instead of a sharply angled "v" shaped rack. This allows for the liquids to evaporate evenly, coating the food being cooked well and keeping meats moist.
I'm sure the All-Clad pan for almost 4 times the price would perform very well too, but this pan performs very well and is a tremendous value.
Other than the size limitation of an 18 lb. bird, the pan and rack are great and well designed. The roasting pan is plenty thick enough. Sure, it's not as thick as the 40 year old Revereware I inherited from my Grandmother, but what is now days that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I made gravy from the drippings right in this roasting pan and did not have any problems. If your gravy burns using this pan, it's because your temp is too high and/or you're not stirring enough. I look forward to many years of use.
However, I was disappointed with the roasting pan itself. With it being KitchenAid Distinctions, I assumed it would be a thicker stainless steel like the rest of my set.
I like to make gravy on my stovetop with the drippings, but I'm less confident turning my back on this pan for a few seconds to drain potatoes or something because, with the thinness of the pan, the heat does not spread throughout the bottom of the pan evenly. There are distinct hot spots.
That said, the price was great. And I really do like the rack much more than any I've ever tried.
1) The rack is about one inch, maybe less above the pan. I use broth to avoid drippings from burning. When I roasted a chicken sometimes the mead hangs between wires in the rack and touches the liquid. I wished the rack could be raised some how. I used a couple of cookie cutters to raise it and problem solved.
2) The rack handles tend to fell on the food you are roasting. There is no a mean to secure them to avoid this. Nonetheless, I just needed to be careful to avoid it.
Those 2 comments avoided me from grating 5 stars, but believe, it has an excellent price/value ratio!
This is frustrating because I do most of my shopping online. Why aren't the actual pan dimensions given anywhere?? I can see that you need to know the overall size so you can fit the pan in your oven. But another thing you really need to know is the size of the food that will fit in there.
The pan itself seems to be fine quality, just too small.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We use it to make Lasagne!! 12 layers of goodness.
It is made in China, what's not is easier to count these days, but we did not have a...Read more
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.