Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 2, 2010
I was looking for a hand masher to mash beans. (I don't like the consistency of the beans when mashed with an electric mixer.) When we make Mexican food, I cook up fresh, hard, pinto beans. The hand masher we have just doesn't do the trick. Beans are left whole and so it takes more time to mash.

WOW! The KitchenAid Nylon Masher is fantastic! No bean is left unmashed the first time around! It works well on fruit for deserts and of course potatoes.

Now, you might be thinking "How different can hand mashers be?" Well, let me say, They are. This one is the BEST one I've ever used.

If you need a hand masher, this is the one for you.
5 people found this helpful
on March 31, 2011
I'm not sure what you're using for it to be "FLIMSY"? It is not very flimsy and only will be that way if you are purposely trying to bend the product. Seriously, what are you mashing, beans straight out of the bag?

This is a very good product. It mashes beans with ease. The masher cleans well due to the big mashing holes. You don't even have to scrub hard in order to get the beans off that cover the holes. If this one goes bad, I will purchase another one.
3 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2011
Just got my KitchenAid masher a few weeks ago but I'm really happy with it, the KitchenAid brand is a household name that is well known for the quality of their products and this is no exception, the nylon material feels really sturdy when smashing potatoes or canned tomatoes or the like. Its heat resistant to a whopping 450 degrees (F) although I haven't really put it to the test. Product eligible for Amazons 4 for 3 promotion, so what more can you ask for...!
on March 15, 2010
Only used it a couple of times, but liked how it felt in my hand, plus did a great job mashing up bananas, then avocados, then potatos. Should work for just about any food I use it for.
4 people found this helpful
on November 19, 2012
Mashes boiled potatoes like no one's business. Is nice and sturdy. Excellent Masher. It is 11 3/4" tall. Have even used it to tenderize some steak. Love steak too.
on January 24, 2013
I love all my Red Kitchen Aide products, this being yet another great one! Have a lot and they never disappoint!
on March 25, 2012
I was skeptical about this at first, having always had a metal masher, but this one did the trick with east. Would definitely recommend!
on January 12, 2011
Yet another great product from Kitchenaid, I love it. I like that the holes are small, it makes smashing the potato's a lot faster. I guess the only downside is when it get washed you have to make sure you get everything out of all the holes. But soaking it in hot soapy as soon as you're done helps. Looks great with all my other red kitchenaid gadgets:)
on June 13, 2010
This product is the cumbelly best.

That's all I have to say.
2 people found this helpful
on August 15, 2010
My old masher broke at the weld where the masher and handle meet (after 30 years of use). The KitchenAid Nylon Masher is is not rigid like the stainless steel mashers. It wobbles when you exert pressure on it. I've only used it a few times, but expect it to break soon, because it doesn't have a rigid connection between the handle and masher.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.