Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KitchenAid KHB1231 2-Speed Hand Blender Empire Red Electric Mixer
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Color: Empire Red|Change

on September 27, 2012
I love this immersion blender! I had a small HB plastic blender to mix protein drinks rather than haul out the big blender. It did the job, but was flimsy. This KitchenAid immersion blender comes with a large cup with rubber on the botton to prevent slipping on the counter, and is large enough for mixing the protein drinks, and wide enough that the immersion blender does not toss any of the contents. I highly recommend it!
on July 8, 2013
I am a loyal Kitchen Aid fan, and have almost all of their countertop appliances. I have always been impressed with their customer service. However, I bought this immersion blender a little over a year ago, and TWICE the part that attaches the blender section to the motor section has cracked. They replaced it the first time, but this time, because it's out of warranty I would have to buy the replacement part at the same cost as buying this entire one new. Prior to this safety issue, it worked well and I really liked it. This is my first disappointment with a Kitchen Aid product, but this particular blender does not warrant anything more than 2 stars.
on January 24, 2012
I got this when my 9speed kitchen aid immersion blender khb100 crapped out and i searched for replacement parts. This one was worse! The handle kept coming off the shaft while in use! Soup, dip, smoothies, mayo...all were too much for this cheaper version. If I had kept using it, the plastic teeth that grip the drive shaft would have worn off. I thought it would be better because it didn't have the little grey plastic "seal" inside the blade...the other one had come unsealed and posed a health risk. I wrote to kitchenaid, and they don't even believe in the longevity of their own products anymore.
on August 24, 2012
I've had this product about three months. So far, it works well to blend, easy to hold, easy to clean. The blades are well designed so it never splashes, Instead, it seems to suck whatever you're blending downward. Makes great guacamole, smoothies, frothy milk for lattes, creamed soups. I have an issue with how the blade stem connects to the motor, though. It's held on with tiny plastic tabs that don't really lock, so at times the blade stem separates from the motor during use. Can't do any twisting or it just falls apart. (The motor keeps spinning). KitchenAid could have done a much better job of connecting the parts with just a simple thread design, like any lid has.
on May 12, 2014
Full disclosure: I've only been using this thing for about 3 days, but in that time I've made about 6 months worth of baby food with it. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, pears, peas, mangoes, kiwis...you name it. In the past I've made baby food with a single serving smoothie maker and a top-of-the-line food processor, and I honestly prefer the way this thing purees. Simple clean-up, easy to grip, great control over what you're blending/pureeing, the speed is easy to change, and it gets the job done! While I've obviously only been pureeing things that are already soft, I think most of the complaints about this come from misuse, which I can address in 2 points:

1. It is a blender. It is not a mixer. It is not a dough hook. It is not a coffee grinder. It is not a nut grinder. Blender. If you want to make pizza dough or grind coffee beans or pulverize nuts, buy the appropriate appliance to do that. If you want to make smoothies or guacamole or applesauce or really, really smooth mashed potatoes, this is the appliance for you.

2. The stainless arm thing will not disconnect from the rest of the machine if you connect it properly. The arm will go on in several different positions (because both the base and the arm are round), but there is only ONE correct position. This correct position is indicated by a little notch on the arm that matches up with a little notch on the base part, and if they are not lined up it doesn't "click" into the correct locked position. If they DO match up and it clicks into place, the thing is not coming apart. Thus, this is not a design flaw, it's user error.

I highly recommend this product and I'm so glad I bought this instead of another food processor or a baby food maker for making baby food!
on November 5, 2013
So far so Great! After almost buying a cheap hand mixer at the local box store i came to my senses and ordered this kitchen aid blender and am very happy i did. It is pretty heavy duty -comes with a nice measuring/mixing cup that has a nonslip bottom- cleans up easy - works every time i want it to. What else could you want?
on September 5, 2012
Love this product. I use it everyday to make protein shakes. Very powerful and very easy to clean as well. It's not too noisy either when I'm using it in the morning.
on June 12, 2014
Great performance, has never disappointed me so far, I hope this will last for a long time, I am professional pastry chef and I use this product for tempering chocolate, but sometimes I use it at home as well and it works great so far
on January 15, 2016
Kitchen Aid Hand Blender has its pros and cons:

Pros:
Works very well to make dressings, puree soups
Very strong tool.
Amazon was the only place I could get the red color. Not even the manufacturer had it available.
Ordered a second one as a last minute Christmas gift and Amazon delivered it the next day early AM in time for opening presents!

Cons:
Not a tool for making mashed potatoes - you will end up with glue
It is a bit dangerous. The "on" trigger mechanism is located on the handle. It is very easy to accidentally turn on. I sliced my finger open and needed 5 stitches. I was lucky I didn't lose a finger. This thing is STRONG!
I dropped the included cup on my kitchen floor and it shattered immediately.

I would be likely to recommend this tool to a cook who intends to make their own salad dressings and pureed soups. It is much easier to clean than a traditional blender for these uses.
on October 8, 2014
I consider myself to have a well stocked kitchen but I've never owned an immersion blender. I ordered this one on the reccomendation of a relative. I have to say I love, love, love it! I never knew how much I needed one until I actually had one. It's much easier than pulling out a blender and the clean up is a snap. If you are not sure you need this, think again. At first I was a little disappointed because I thought this one had a wire whip attachment but so far, I have not found anything that I think a wire whip could do better.