Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 137 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 180 reviews
on October 14, 2011
I have loved this blender from the first day I got it! I use it almost daily for just about everything. It feels very sturdy. I am happy with the attachments and haven't pulled out my blender or food processor since. It isn't the best for smoothies- I find that I need to microwave frozen fruit for about 30 seconds first, otherwise it just doesn't work the best. That is my biggest complaint. It broke a few weeks ago and I immediately got online to check for warranty information, and reread all the one star reviews. Sure enough, lots of problems with it failing, and even more with getting a replacement. I sent an email to KitchenAid and received a response a few days later that this model is now discontinued, and that they would send me the newer version - in 15 to 20 business days. I immediately called and talked to someone, who was kind enough to send out a new one the same week.

I'm happy with the new version, the three speed immersion blender (the nine speeds were unnecessary), however the attachments from the old hand blender won't work on the new one. I hate throwing out good stuff, which I ended up doing since it wouldn't fit in the box to return the old hand piece. Also, I noticed that the price of the replacement is much less, $60 for the blender and attachments, instead of the original $90. It makes me wonder if I'm getting a down-in-quality substitute. Anyways, this would have been very expensive for 9 months, so I'm happy with the replacement, and I'll review the new model in a year or so.
on June 28, 2009
We recently replaced our Cuisinart hand blender that lasted a year and half with the KitchenAid. I researched online for the one with the best ratings.

We use ours daily to make smoothies for breakfast, so it is put through its paces. I do like the fact that it has 9 speed settings, which allow you to slightly mash up to whip items. It has a more powerful motor than the Cuisinart and the mixing cup is 3 cups vs 2 cups with the Cuisinart.

This model also comes with a chopper and a whisk. We decided these were great additions to have as well and have come in handy with less cleanup than using a standard blender.

Unfortunately, this model has the same weak point as the Cuisinart. In the main body where the stick attaches, the piece that holds the stick and controls it is only made of a hard plastic. This is what broke on the Cuisinart, but we are hoping that it does not happen with the this one and that it last longer than a year and a half.
on June 4, 2014
I love this little kitchen tool and its accessories. When I was not able to chew solid food, it was very good at processing small batches of things for me to eat. It's good for pureeing soups right in the kettle, whipping egg whites, whisking salad dressings, chopping nuts, chopping onions, and tons of other uses. I don't know what I did without this little gem. Only complaint is that the nob on top, which controls the speed, no longer has any numbers on it, but I never paid any attention to that anyway. Your ear can tell you about what speed it is on, give or take. I think it may have originally had about ten speeds, but high, medium, or low is enough to get the job done.
on December 27, 2009
We bought the KHB300WH (with chopper and whisk) 2 months ago, and still love it. I was skeptical at first since we already have a great kitchenaid blender, and I didn't really think we needed more clutter in the kitchen, but my wife prevailed and we bought it.

We considered going cheaper, but I read many reviews of the lower end ones dying under tragic and dubious circumstances. I decided to pony up for the KA.

We use it to puree baby food, make breakfast shakes, and blend soups in the pot. It has more than enough power for everything we did, and the little food processor/chopper is quick and easy to use. Best of all, this thing is a SNAP to clean. You just pop off the motor and rinse it down. Rinse it down. Rinse up, rinse up, and get down! You don't even have to be careful.

With the traditional blender a bunch of stuff would get trapped at the bottom if you made something with a thick consistency and I'd have to remove the base, rubber gasket and blade to wash it all down.

I liked it so much, I bought the company! Well...not really, but almost. I bought another one for my mom.
on June 28, 2011
Rating and review is based on using it only a few times so far. I keep forgetting I have it! I wanted a good immersion blender for a long time and finally decided to shell out for a really good one. And this is a very good one. It's actually kind of amazing how FAST it works. I've not yet used the chopper but will in the upcoming week since I've planned several meals requiring chopping fresh herbs. I imagine I will use it much more when the weather gets cold and I move into soup season but I also can jams and jellies and I know I'll use it for this as well. It's very easy to clean, I love the storage bag, it is powerful and fast, and I am very happy I bought it. On the menu for the upcoming week which will put this belnder to work (I have an old friend coming to town and I want to cook and forget Weight Watchers for a week): Butternut Squash Ravioli, Gazpacho (from tomatoes, not V-8), and I will also do homemade mayo. That's the first 3 days of the week! I can't wait!
on May 15, 2011
This is a great product, but the design engineers certainly failed in their testing of the hand blender. It spatters up and out of the bowl or kettle, like leaving the cover off a regular blender. I am terribly disappointed that KitchenAid would let this go to market because it is an appliance I use almost every day. The little chopper bowl that comes with it is really great though for small chopping and blending jobs. I did sort of solve the problem of avoiding total destruction of the kitchen by cutting a small hole in a paper plate after slashing it to the center and slipping it around the post. It fits over my bowl and the mess is all on the bottom of the paper plate. Good luck if you buy one.
on December 30, 2010
I had this blender for about a month now, and it works wonderfully! The blender crushes and blends like crazy, no matter whether it is a piece of boiled carrot or a whole frozen strawberry, as long as it is immersed in liquid. You do not need a bulky countertop blender to make frozen drinks, it crushes ice and frozen fruits in less than 30 seconds. The chopper bowl can be filled up to at least 2/3 and everything gets chopped very nicely. (My favorite use for it is making a fresh carrot salad: finely chop carrots and some garlic, coarsely chop walnuts, add some dried cranberries, and mix everything with mayo or any salad dressing).

The only minor problem is getting attachments off of the motor portion when you are done, you have to give it a couple of wiggles while pressing two buttons before it separates. But I won't even take a star off for it. It is a very solid and versatile tool - a piece of kitchen joy!
on October 22, 2011
This is not so much a review on the product- that my mother loves just fine. Says it works like a dream and loves all the attachments. Said she's been using it almost every day since she received it. I tried to leave a "packaging review" but no orders showed up there. My gripe is that it was purchased as a gift and I asked Amazon to put the gift note in with the blender. However, when my mother received the blender she had to call around to all of us to see if we had sent her a hand blender for her birthday because she was about to send it back. Not what my aging mother should have to be doing on her birthday. Amazon- please...When the buyer asks that a gift note be put in the box make sure that the "gift note" gets put in the box! If you are having 3rd parties ship out the products and can't verify that packaging instructions are being followed, don't offer that option with 3rd party shippers.
on January 27, 2017
The hand blender is great on its own, but unfortunately the food processor attachment is subpar. Whenever you try to lift the lid off the top, the lid splits into two components and gears and grease come out. Unfortunate design flaw for an attachment when the hand blender itself is great.
on January 11, 2010
I am so glad I read the reviews on this product and others before making my purchase. They really laid it all out as to what I could do, and not do, with the different brands and styles on the market.

My Kitchen Aid KHB300 has performed way above my expectations. It has whipped eggs to a lovely stiff peak, Chopped nuts for baking, cabbage for coleslaw, pureed a variety of vegetables for soup while still in the pan. Yeah, cuts dishwashing! I'm still in the learning curve with it, but I seem to find a use for it most every day.

We're not into smoothies, but I sure my Grandsons will use it for milkshakes when they visit.

I like the variable speed settings and am learning which one to use to get the job done. The weight is just right, heavy enough to do the job, but not tiring to use. Get the 300 as the attachments are well worth it.

All in all, it was money well spent and I plan to give one or two of these as gifts when the occasion arises.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.