All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99

on December 11, 2013
When I first purchased my KitchenAid Professional mixer I decided to purchase the spatula in a beautiful blue color. When I used this item for the very first time I absolutely could not believe the difference in the scraping out of the bowl after a double batch of mix. (Is this a good time to include that I never dreamed the Professional KitchenAid mixer would make mixing better than a piece of cake as it had no struggle or slowness at all even with the double batch? I am almost 60 and would have purchase both items years ago had I only known), I loaned the scraper to my daughter just so she could personally see the difference. Well ...I was at her house and ran into that scraper having forgotten where I had placed it. Now the mixer too is on loan to her as we only live a few streets apart. But, I did go ahead and order this replacement spatula so she can at least keep the spatula for herself. The mixer remains a "loan".
The rubber top of this great spatula measures 5" long, which is longer than most. It easily reaches deep into my mixing bowl to scrape down the sides. This is especially useful when making bread in my Kitchenaid mixer. The handle is 7", making the whole spatula 12" long. Yes, as noted, the top will come off if you pull it off. I find this makes it easier to clean the bottom of the spatula where it joins the handle.There is a nice long sturdy post inside to keep the head flexible but not too soft. This is also great for stirring food in deep saucepots, (soup, for example), stirring food in frying pans, mixing batters, and folding in egg whites for example, without getting food on the handle as with shorter spatulas, and without getting too close to food in the hot fry pan. This is not for stirring or scraping down very heavy batters or very thick things, for that use a spoon. It is not for getting crusty bits out of corners of a fry pan for making your gravy. For that, scrape with a sturdy metal or regular spatula. I love KA spoonula too, but this can do what that does and more.
on January 18, 2017
We picked one of these up at a store about 12 years ago. My wife uses it almost exclusively for cooking and baking. Two months ago, she somehow tore the tip off. She loves this spatula so much that she refused to throw it away. She trimmed the edge a little to make it smooth again and continued to use it. Even damaged it was still her favorite spatula!
I started researching spatulas on the internet to replace it. This spatula has a very unique design. It is a little longer and more flexible near the edges so you can really get to the bottom and sides of bowls. The silicone spatula tip can be separated from the handle so it can be placed in the dishwasher without worry of damaging the plastic handle. It's a great design. .
After a little research, I realized this spatula is a little more expensive but it appears the design is exclusive to Kitchenaid. No one else has the slightly elongated silicone spatula shape. Although it's more expensive than most cheap spatula's, it really is worth the money...especially if i can get another 10 yrs of use out of this one too!
on January 5, 2017
Kitchen aid have great products and I am kind of a kitchen aid freak as my kitchen is full of them BUT I was washing this item when I got it and it came apart I then had the handle in one hand and the scrapper part in the other. I would recommend ordering on of there different spatula as mine others did not preform this negative stunt!!!
on July 3, 2017
I now have several of these KitchenAid spatulas and I use them all the time ... for everything! They are made very well and last a long time. Because they are silicone they can also be used in a hot pan. I often use them when I make scrambled eggs in a ceramic coated skillet. I highly recommend them.
on March 13, 2016
This spatula can scrape every last bit of batter out of the Kitchenaid bowl. The tapered tip is great for scraping the holes of beater attachment, too. The silicone is firm, and the tool has a nice weight. I love that they come in lots of colors to match your mixer (unfortunately, at the time I purchased it, the red spatula was 3x costlier than the black, so I settled for one that doesn't match my mixer)
on March 17, 2017
This is my favorite spatula. There are no other spatulas. It ALWAYS gets the whole bowl clean. It is the best spatula.

The only con: there is nothing left in the bowl to lick because the spatula is so effective :( But seeing as cookie dough is out to kill us all, I suppose it's for the best.
on January 3, 2016
The black coloured ones seem to have a different material from the red one. I have both.

The red is perfect! Best spatula ever.

The black seems to be made of a different rubber. When I received it, it was dusty and somewhat sticky. You won't be able to remove the "dust".
review image
on April 8, 2017
I gave this to my daughter-in-law for Christmas. She is enjoying it very much.
on February 22, 2016
The shape is perfect for bowls, but batter lickers beware, it leaves almost nothing behind :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question