Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 108 reviews
on February 25, 2016
I got this because I wanted a kettle and I wanted one that whistled and was for stove use. It's nice and hefty feeling and several years of use later it's still usable with no physical defects appearing or anything. The red is a really nice deep red color and the handles and cap are set up nicely. I've not had any steam related accidents with this item.
on October 7, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my wife. It looks great and functions as it should. She loves it and sometimes is hard to please. I haven't seen any quality issues at all. My only reservation in giving it a five-star was the lengthy delivery time between my order and delivery. It came on the date that the shipper said it would, so I have no complaints about keeping a promise, but for such a small item, it could have shipped much quicker and still fall within free shipping. I suspect the shipping was covered in the somewhat high purchase price. It was not a Prime purchase, and so I knew the shipping time would be a bit longer, but it would have positively enhanced the whole purchase had it shipped quicker. The cherry-red enamel looks great and matches her other KitchenAid cookware very nicely.
on November 17, 2013
I bought this thing 2 years ago. Since I'm rating other things on Amazon, might as well give the kettle and Kitchen Aid some love.

First, we use the kettle almost everyday once the weather gets cool. Our kettle still has all of its enamel after 2 years. Chips seem to be the primary complaint with enameled kettles. Ours is flawless on the bottom. I'd say that is pretty durable.

Second, the whistle is adequately loud. I can hear the kettle whistle through out the house, but it is not an air raid siren. Just loud enough to get your attention.

Last, everything is still tight and seals. The lid is not loose nor the whistle top.

Should last us many more years, providing the kitchen doesn't change colors.
on November 6, 2012
Just purchased this teakettle last week to go with my red accented kitchen and am at present quite pleased with it. I adore the color, which the provided pictures do no justice. It seems to be quite sturdy, and the whistle while not piercing is still loud enough to provide a reminder to me from the next room which is key as someone who notoriously forgets I put the kettle on in the first place. My only issue I have found so far is that in my five person heavy tea drinking household I tend to fill the kettle to max level when using and when allowed to reach a rolling boil it drips very slightly. This is by no means a deal breaker for me and probably would be easily fixed just by filling it a bit less. Overall a great purchase :)
on February 17, 2012
I' am very upset about this purchase. I bougth this teakettle 5 months ago and the base is cracked. I have always been very careful when using it, so I do not understand what happened. I bought this teakettle confident in the quality of the brand, but I'm very disappointed.

Porcelain cracking every day. You can view the photos...
review image review image review image
on October 1, 2011
After I burned the ceramic off the bottom of my last kettle in a classic stupid movie, I had to replace my kettle. I searched and searched for an affordable (read: leas than $30) kettle and simply couldn't find one. If it was less than 30 the ceramic was burning off, the silicon was melting, it was always something, so I finally bit the bullet and bought this kettle and am really happy.

It's super easy to clean and washable and if you're like me and keep it on your stove for decoration, it's good to know there's a good seal between the top and the lid so you can wipe it off without have to wash the whole thing.

Even after it's been boiling for a while the handle is still comfortable to hold and the whistle is really loud so you can hear it really easily even a few rooms away.

Overall, I'm really happy I sprang for it and bought this kettle!
on January 6, 2005
I became interested in having a "red" theme for our kitchen, so I bought this kettle. My expectations were pretty simple: it should look good and work well (this is not exactly a high-tech appliance!).

After several months, I am moderately satisfied with this kettle. It gets the job done, and I love its looks, but it is a bit sloppy.

PROS

This kettle is solidly constructed and has a loud whistle (as long as you don't fill it too full, but this is true of most any kettle). The handle and spout lever have red plastic grips that accent the kettle and stay cool. I love the deep red finish--it looks great on our stove and keeps our red Cuisinart toaster from being lonely.

CONS

I have found two flaws with this kettle. First, the spout does not pour very well, and I often find myself dribbling hot water onto the countertop when pouring into a mug. Given that this is a basic function of a kettle, this seems inexcusable. Second, the lid for the opening where you fill the kettle does not fit particularly tightly. When the kettle is boiling vigorously, a lot of steam escapes around the lid; this could be a problem, since the lid is right under the handle.
on December 10, 2011
I loved my old red KitchenAid kettle so much, and had it for so long, that when it
finally broke, I tried to replace it with this imposter, ignoring the
reviews about how the paint chips off after two weeks. Well, the paint did
chip off, and the gaskets broke, so now the handle wiggles.
I've only been using this thing for a couple of months, and it's beyond ready to be
junked. If you want to ignore everyone's warnings, like I did, go ahead and buy it.
I assure you, it will bring you several days of cute tea kettle enjoyment.
on June 7, 2011
This is a solid unit. It replaced a pretty beat up thin steel kettle that worked fine but this was a gift for my wife. She is a big fan of the KitchenAid brand. We have been accenting our kitchen with red so I was dead set on a red one.

The almost steampunk look of the thing along with it being the right price to get free shipping were my initial reasons for picking this one.

It is heavy from the gauge of steel and the enamel. The whistle works. You know your water is ready.

The reason it did not get the 5th star is the method of protecting your hand from the heat of the handle. There is a strip of silicone on the bottom and top of the handle. Your hands can still easily come in contact with the hot metal on the sides.

Overall, it is a beautiful thing that works great.
on December 10, 2010
This tea kettle has been in almost daily use for the past year. I love the color and we've no complaint with the whistle, nor have we had pouring problems. You do have to use a pot holder on the handle because the heat-resistant silicone only covers the top and bottom leaving the sides of the very hot metal handle open to the hand grasping it; clearly a design problem. In addition the silicone on the lever of the spout cover has split and is separating from the metal creating another source of possible burns, and this one is not easily rectified by use of a pot holder. A disappointing product from Kitchenaid.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.