BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 1, 2015
what can I say. kitchenaid is the best
on March 18, 2016
Perfect fit
on December 1, 2014
mom's old kitchenaid mixer's motor broke, this replace has worked fine since then.
on September 11, 2015
Works wonderfully
on December 11, 2012
I ordered this because my last engine died while grinding deer meat last year. It was supposed to be the correct replacement for my kitchenaid but it looked different than the other engine. I put it in & it started to smell like burnt plastic. I took it apart again to find the plastic fan blade had melted some in the middle. It was too close to the engine so was rubbing when I turned it on. I wedged it away with a screw driver so it didn't rub anymore & re-installed it. It didn't spit out any plastic shavings but I have to leave the kitchenaid band screw loose or it pushes against the fan blade. All in all it works but not sure if it's the right one for my 6qt. mixer.
on November 8, 2014
Worked just fine and was the fix that my machine neede.
on March 11, 2013
The replacement part was spot on and works great. replacement was easy and there were no issues with the replacement motor.
on April 2, 2011
Bought a Kitchenaid 6 quart stand mixer about 10 years ago, it was noisy from day one and I always thought it was normal. Time for it's second overhaul now, and put this motor in as a preventive measure and found out how quiet it's supposed to be!
on August 22, 2013
While this is a KitchenAid replacement mixer motor, and it is the one that was specified for my model, it doesn't quite fit the frame of the mixer. It is too big. I inquired about exchanging for the correct motor. However, the seller said they don't offer exchanges but I could return it for a refund. I chose to keep the motor because I think I can make it fit with a Dremel-type tool.

Once I get it to fit, I expect it will be stronger and more durable than the original motor.
on December 6, 2014
Arrived on time and appeared to be heavier duty than OEM. Problem is, it DID NOT FIT!!! This was the only motor I could find to replace my Professional 6 motor, so I had to do what I could to make it work. I had to modify the lower stand housing, motor, and the top cover just to get it to physically fit. I then had to modify the motor mounting tabs to correct a misalignment issue - it was making a LOUD whining noise when installed using the original screw holes.

I design electro-mechanical components and systems for a living so I am comfortable knowing what can be safely trimmed away or modified to make it work. If you are not comfortable with this, I would strongly recommend that you either hire someone to install this motor for you, or chalk it up to experience and just buy a different model or brand.

UPDATE: Finally found some decent repair/service information online. If you have an earlier Professional 6 unit, the newer motor does not fit without modifications. Either you have to modify the housing or purchase a new lower gearcase housing, which as far as I can tell is only easily available and at a reasonable price in white. You will also need a new worm gear if yours only has 53 teeth (the new one has 60). Make sure to throw in new worm gear bearings and a thrust washer as well. For that you're looking at about $40 bucks. Add in the price of the new motor and you're a little over $110 total but still way better than buying a new mixer.

Overall, the new motor and gear combo should be MUCH more reliable than the older version but it will take some work to replace - or you might have to put up with a white gear housing on your non-white mixer. The motor appears to be more heavy duty and the new 6:1 gear ratio will reduce the strain on the motor compared to the older 4.42:1 gear ratio. By the way, I was told the artisan mixers have replaceable brushes, which was what started this whole problem. Next time get that model and forget about buying a new motor every time the brushes wear out!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.